Status
Not open for further replies.
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt, "Trump's policy to separate families"? Sorry, brother, but somebody slipped you the Kool Aid. You think he made up that part himself? No, he didn't. If you're interested, I suggest you look beyond what the Left tells you.
I know he didn't make it up and said so in an earlier post to you!
It was one of his advisors' ideas. He agreed to it! He chose to implement the policy!
He had other options; but he liked the idea (as long as he thought he could make the case that he was "forced to do it" to his base). He knows how gullible his base is. As he said "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Ave. and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose any voters."
Obviously, you buy his line that the law forces him to do this, despite the obvious fact that it did not! Trump was never required to adopt this family separation policy. I did not learn that from "the left". I learned it from the facts/news!
Do a little research!

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I know he didn't make it up and said so in an earlier post to you!
It was one of his advisors' ideas. He agreed to it! He chose to implement the policy!
He had other options; but he liked the idea (as long as he thought he could make the case that he was "forced to do it" to his base). He knows how gullible his base is. As he said "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Ave. and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose any voters."
Obviously, you buy his line that the law forces him to do this, despite the obvious fact that it did not! Trump was never required to adopt this family separation policy. I did not learn that from "the left". I learned it from the facts/news!
Do a little research!
"Never required to adopt this family separation policy". Yes, he was. He was required BY LAW. Therein lies the point I keep making. Dems pass a law, then blame Republicans for enforcing it. Neither Trump nor his staff wrote the law. Your response above looks like it's straight out of msnbc. Ridiculous. Unlike Democrats, Republicans are not ashamed of their past.

And I'll ask again. Why do you, (Dems), think you have the authority to pick and choose which laws to obey? If you have changed your minds and want to undo a law, why don't you change the law? There is a process for that, you know. The problem is that when the country is roughly split 50/50, neither side has enough support to change the law. That is also by design. So sorry. Here's your participation trophy.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
"Never required to adopt this family separation policy". Yes, he was. He was required BY LAW. Therein lies the point I keep making. Dems pass a law, then blame Republicans for enforcing it. Neither Trump nor his staff wrote the law. Your response above looks like it's straight out of msnbc. Ridiculous. Unlike Democrats, Republicans are not ashamed of their past.

And I'll ask again. Why do you, (Dems), think you have the authority to pick and choose which laws to obey? If you have changed your minds and want to undo a law, why don't you change the law? There is a process for that, you know. The problem is that when the country is roughly split 50/50, neither side has enough support to change the law. That is also by design. So sorry. Here's your participation trophy.
Well, unless the ACLU is lying, there is no legal requirement to separate families.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants-rights/immigrants-rights-and-detention/fact-checking-family-separation

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I know "you" have never passed a law, but "you liberals" have, and "you liberals" seem to think it is your right to chose which laws to follow. When I say "You", I often mean "you liberals". You know that.
First off, I have never considered myself a liberal. I used to vote for "the person". Once the Republican party allowed the Tea Party to become a major influence, I looked at it as the Republican party left me, which kind of leaves me with the Democratic Party. If their extremists take over the Democratic Party the way it happened with the Republican Party, they will leave me too. I guess that would make me an "abandoned Centrist" In the meantime, I consider myself a "begrudging Democrat" by default of not being a modern Republican.
I was planning to vote for McCain until he seemed to lose his normal independent self and become a puppet of the RNC or whatever happened when Palin hit the scene.
So "you" in the context you are using it does not make sense to me. I am not that aligned with the Democratic Party. Simply put, I am not part of the tribe!
But when it comes to Trumps decision to separate families, I am totally with the Democratic party in calling it out as an immoral choice.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
OK, use murder- it's illegal and lots of people still do it. Better?
oh no, not at all, I say bring back public hangings and get rid of all the murderers ! Do it on Saturdays in the town square, I'll sell the popcorn !

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The callousness that some shows about the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers/immigrants arriving at the border is appalling. This is not a question about whether or not USA should have immigration or accept asylum seekers, but the actual treatment of them when they arrive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/29/opinion/immigration-children-detention.html :

The debate over whether “concentration camps” is the right term for migrant detention centers on the southern border has drawn long-overdue attention to the American government’s dehumanizing treatment of defenseless children. A pediatrician who visited in June said the centers could be compared to “torture facilities.” Having studied mass atrocities for over a decade, I agree.​
At least seven migrant children have died in United States custody since last year. The details reported by lawyers who visited a Customs and Border Protection facility in Clint, Tex., in June were shocking: children who had not bathed in weeks, toddlers without diapers, sick babies being cared for by other children. As a human rights lawyer and then as a political scientist, I have spoken to the victims of some of the worst things that human beings have ever done to each other, in places ranging from Cambodia to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to Sri Lanka. What’s happening at the border doesn’t match the scale of these horrors, but if, as appears to be the case, these harsh conditions have been intentionally inflicted on children as part a broader plan to deter others from migrating, then it meets the definition of a mass atrocity: a deliberate, systematic attack on civilians. And like past atrocities, it is being committed by a complex organizational structure made up of people at all different levels of involvement.​

Edit: Vice President Pence is visiting: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pence-tours-detention-facilities-at-the-border-defends-administrations-treatment-of-migrants/2019/07/12/993f54e0-a4bc-11e9-b8c8-75dae2607e60_story.html

I wonder if he had to leave his phone outside for "security and privacy reasons" like members of Congress while the guards laugh and take selfies.

When Vice President Pence visited a migrant detention center here Friday, he saw nearly 400 men crammed behind caged fences with not enough room for them all to lie down on the concrete ground. There were no mats or pillows for those who found the space to rest. A stench from body odor hung stale in the air.​
When reporters toured the facility before Pence, the men screamed that they’d been held there 40 days, some longer. They said they were hungry and wanted to brush their teeth. It was sweltering hot, but the only water was outside the fences and they needed to ask permission from the Border Patrol agents to drink.​
Pence appeared to scrunch his nose when entering the facility, stayed for a moment and left. A few minutes earlier, from a bird’s eye room called “The Bubble,” he’d seen 382 men packed into cells, peering against the windows to get a view of him. Some appeared shirtless.​

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If you take an orphan under your wing and hundreds of them show up expecting to be taken care of, how well would you handle it?

1563108844052.png

We're being milked like cows.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If you take an orphan under your wing and hundreds of them show up expecting to be taken care of, how well would you handle it?
So you are perfectly fine with how children and toddlers, yes, toddlers with children looking after them, are treated in US border "facilities"?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt, you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Exactly what do you think Trump's executive order did,
It proved beyond doubt that Trump never had to separate families. All he had to do to reverse the policy (if you believe Trumps false narrative that the law required separation) was to use one of his favorite tools - an executive order.
Instead, he executed the family separation policy.

...and why was it necessary?
It was necessary because Trump realized his effort to dupe Americans into believing it was the Democrats' fault had failed. Blame for separating families fell squarely on his shoulders. Even his wife and daughter were asking him to stop it!

If you don't believe me, believe the fact-checkers:
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/jun/21/donald-trump/donald-trump-again-falsely-says-obama-had-family-s/
Trump repeatedly attempts to change the narrative about family separations, but the facts remain the same. Obama did not pass down to Trump a policy to separate families.

Trump’s claim is inaccurate.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
So you are perfectly fine with how children and toddlers, yes, toddlers with children looking after them, are treated in US border "facilities"?
No, not really but we didn't invite them here. Just because someone knocks on your door or, even worse, tries to sneak in your back door, doesn't mean we have to let them in or that owe them anything.

This is particularly true when what's happening is essentially a organized mass invasion.

I'd just point south and close the door. Simple as that. But, I see you still didn't answer the question, just deflected.

1563185526067.png

Oh, one more thing to think about:

https://ijr.com/lindsey-graham-rented-migrant-children/?fbclid=IwAR2CL90eaXbZ7T1RO16_H2X3aay4M7VVsW570ByrB5CO91BgJLja032ng_c

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No, not really but we didn't invite them here. Just because someone knocks on your door or, even worse, tries to sneak in your back door, doesn't mean we have to let them in or that owe them anything.

This is particularly true when what's happening is essentially a organized mass invasion.

I'd just point south and close the door. Simple as that. But, I see you still didn't answer the question, just deflected.

View attachment 30113

Oh, one more thing to think about:

https://ijr.com/lindsey-graham-rented-migrant-children/?fbclid=IwAR2CL90eaXbZ7T1RO16_H2X3aay4M7VVsW570ByrB5CO91BgJLja032ng_c
Wasn't it the courts - not Clinton and/or Reno - who made the final decision that Elián González should be returned to his father, as it was essentially a child custody question? Not sure what that has to with the situation at the US/Mexico border. And, the cheering democrats are probably just as real as the cheering Muslims in New Jersey when the world trade centre fell.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Wasn't it the courts - not Clinton and/or Reno - who made the final decision that Elián González should be returned to his father, as it was essentially a child custody question? Not sure what that has to with the situation at the US/Mexico border. And, the cheering democrats are probably just as real as the cheering Muslims in New Jersey when the world trade centre fell.
Nad. Go F yourself. Don't call me a liar, you ignorant hoser.

I was about 7 miles away from those cheering muslims and several of us saw them on TV. ...ONCE that afternoon. ...and it was never shown again. And I watched WITH MY OWN EYES, the second tower collapse on itself from the 7th floor of an office building in Jersey..

Now, enjoy your slow country that lives to emulate the USA, eh.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

I was about 7 miles away from those cheering muslims and several of us saw them on TV. ...ONCE that afternoon. ...and it was never shown again. And I watched WITH MY OWN EYES, the second tower collapse on itself from the 7th floor of an office building in Jersey..

Now, enjoy your slow country that lives to emulate the USA.
I didn't call you a liar, but...
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/22/donald-trump/fact-checking-trumps-claim-thousands-new-jersey-ch/

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Now, enjoy your slow country that lives to emulate the USA, eh.
Your posts in this thread has left you with no credibility at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis