GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Even if you had AC to help out with the heat, it certainly won't be working now...sounds like most of the province has lost power. Our recent heat wave has turned into a cold front and today is certainly jacket weather.

Good luck and hope to hear from you...:)
We've been fortunate - we still have power ATM, and I suspect we won't lose it now. It's still quite blustery, but nowhere near as bad as it was a couple of hours ago. The rain has stopped and the sun is actually trying to peak through.

My sister, who lives about 20km away has lost power. She and her husband will come over tomorrow morning if they haven't got it back by then. And, friends of ours, who live about 20km in the opposite direction also lost power.

I'd like to open the windows wide, to cool the house down as it's 23 degrees outside now. But, they're casement-type and I don't want the wind to carry them away.:eek::mad: At least the forecast is calling for cooler temperatures for the next few days.:)

Thanks for your concern, Billy - we're good, with just a touch of cabin-fever.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Drink all the beers !!!

... they're no good warm.
I lived in England for 2 years - I can handle warm beer.;) I did stock up though, in case we had to do a lot of clean-up. Ya can't handle a chain saw without a large beer supply! :D

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I so know what you mean. :eek:
I offered my neighbors use of my portable table saw today because they had some cedar that they had to rip for their closet. I told them it didn't have the guards installed, so they'd have to be careful with it - and, probably shouldn't use it after having a few glasses of wine.

I think my advice was appropriate. Right? :D

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I lived in England for 2 years - I can handle warm beer.;) I did stock up though, in case we had to do a lot of clean-up. Ya can't handle a chain saw without a large beer supply! :D
One thing that's an absolute is that beer brewed by the large American brewers will cause gagging and other problems if the temperature is too high. The taste is hard to remove and it leads to stomach distress. Micro brews can be drunk warmer because it's real beer but the large brewers produce swill and it needs to be as cold as possible in order to keep the drinker to actually taste it.

You know why British men drink warm beer?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
One thing that's an absolute is that beer brewed by the large American brewers will cause gagging and other problems if the temperature is too high. The taste is hard to remove and it leads to stomach distress. Micro brews can be drunk warmer because it's real beer but the large brewers produce swill and it needs to be as cold as possible in order to keep the drinker to actually taste it.

You know why British men drink warm beer?
I agree that micro brews can be drunk warmer. It's because they actually taste good. We chill mass-produced stuff, so that it dulls the taste in order to make it palatable. I drank a lot of great beers in the UK....

highfigh

highfigh

No. Why do they?

Q: Why do the Scottish wear kilts?
A: So the sheep won't hear them unzip their zippers when they're sneaking up on them. :D
A- Lucas Refrigeration. It goes along with saying, "Lucas Electric- Prince of Darkness".

highfigh

highfigh

I'm well acquainted with that expression....;)
The Lucas Electric comment? You've worked on, or owned, British cars? I had some wonderful experiences with those when I did car audio. One Jaguar was getting a full system and I needed to find out the wiring code, since nobody had it on file and the dealer wouldn't give it to anyone. I had one wire connected and the antenna stayed up. The ground wire was off and the radio was sitting on my leg- I was making no contact with the body or chassis. When I unplugged the wire, the antenna went down but I couldn't measure any appreciable voltage on that wire. I called the dealer and a tech answered. When I described the issue, he just went off on the electrical systems on those cars, so I let him vent.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis