GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's 35 degrees celsius here (that'd be 95 degrees in old money) and we've had this heat wave for the last 4-5 days. It may be no big deal to somebody like PDawg, but for us it's unreal!

Then, just to end the week on a high note, we'll be getting the tail-end of "Earl" on Saturday...:rolleyes:

Happy Labour Day weekend everybody!!:(

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
It's 35 degrees celsius here (that'd be 95 degrees in old money) and we've had this heat wave for the last 4-5 days. It may be no big deal to somebody like PDawg, but for us it's unreal!

Then, just to end the week on a high note, we'll be getting the tail-end of "Earl" on Saturday...:rolleyes:

Don't worry winter is just around the corner and you can enjoy six months of cold like me here:p

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Don't worry. Earl will be by in a few days to fix that.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Don't worry winter is just around the corner and you can enjoy six months of cold like me here:p
The trouble with that is we don't get a decent winter here very often. Nova Scotia has pretty much the mildest climate in Canada. Everybody thinks it's BC that's mildest, but that's just their coastline - the interior gets pretty cold.
Sometimes we have mountains of snow - most of the time, it's slush or very little snow. I'd love lotsa snow - you can do winter stuff then.:rolleyes:

NS is close to the gulf stream, so it tames down the winter to a significant degree. We get God-awful freeze/thaw cycles - that's why our roads are horrible. The frost heaves and potholes are something to behold come spring.

If it seems like I'm ranting - I am! :mad: No wonder the middle east is always in turmoil. If I lived in that kinda heat year-round, I'd want to blow sh*t up too! (J/K!):p

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Potholes makes a driver's life miserable no doubt but when spring rolls around up there do what this guy does it should relieve some stress.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Don't say that!!! It's been super hot here too but I don't want it to end.
Man, I just can't hack it! Earl will almost be a welcome change - just to bring the temperature down a bit! As it is, I can't sleep at night. I thank God that my office at work has A/C.

I had better clear my deck of furniture tomorrow. I was a bit cavalier about "Juan", in '03 and didn't really prepare. Juan kindly cleared the deck for me.....and "trimmed" some of my trees, and put my chimney cap in my neighbour's yard across the street, and punched a hole through my roof, and.....:rolleyes:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Man, I just can't hack it! Earl will almost be a welcome change - just to bring the temperature down a bit! As it is, I can't sleep at night. I thank God that my office at work has A/C.

I had better clear my deck of furniture tomorrow. I was a bit cavalier about "Juan", in '03 and didn't really prepare. Juan kindly cleared the deck for me.....and "trimmed" some of my trees, and put my chimney cap in my neighbour's yard across the street, and punched a hole through my roof, and.....:rolleyes:
Yeah, good luck with Earl...:). Some of the eariler models have it coming close to your door.:(

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The trouble with that is we don't get a decent winter here very often. Nova Scotia has pretty much the mildest climate in Canada. Everybody thinks it's BC that's mildest, but that's just their coastline - the interior gets pretty cold.
Sometimes we have mountains of snow - most of the time, it's slush or very little snow. I'd love lotsa snow - you can do winter stuff then.:rolleyes:

NS is close to the gulf stream, so it tames down the winter to a significant degree. We get God-awful freeze/thaw cycles - that's why our roads are horrible. The frost heaves and potholes are something to behold come spring.

If it seems like I'm ranting - I am! :mad: No wonder the middle east is always in turmoil. If I lived in that kinda heat year-round, I'd want to blow sh*t up too! (J/K!):p
I'll tell ya what- next time we get dumped on with wet, heavy snow and you feel like playing in it, come here and clear my 105' driveway. You can use my snowblower and I'll even buy more gas.:D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy

Why do you think I moved from FL. It is brutal there 9 months of the year.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

Sissy!!! ;):D

Growing up in rural New Brunswick, there were a few days were it was just more comfortable and cool to sleep on the floor (our room wasn't carpeted) than it was on the bed. We have the heat wave up here in Ontario too.

Happy Labour Day!!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'll tell ya what- next time we get dumped on with wet, heavy snow and you feel like playing in it, come here and clear my 105' driveway. You can use my snowblower and I'll even buy more gas.:D
I'm in! You can count on me! A snowblower? Not for me. I'll do it the "proper" way, with a shovel....

Honest...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sissy!!! ;):D

Growing up in rural New Brunswick, there were a few days were it was just more comfortable and cool to sleep on the floor (our room wasn't carpeted) than it was on the bed. We have the heat wave up here in Ontario too.

Happy Labour Day!!
Yeah, but Ontario is unGodly hot in the summertime anyway - you're more used to it.;)

You had floors!? Why, when we were growing up, we had to sleep in the dirt, which we were glad to have. Our neighbours had to sleep in the road, then clean it with there tongues every morning.....:D

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
It's starting to get the signs of fall in Utah. Cold mornings and hot afternoons. I love it make is good for mt. biking.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
It's been damned hot here in fort worth, but this morning was pleasantly cool - something like 66F, and it's now 70F. I wish it would stay like this year round :(

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well this morning is rather chilly as of now it's 62F with a high today of 72F, when I went to bed last night it was still 78F well at least the saying about Chicago's weather holds true "give it ten minutes it will change".

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah, but Ontario is unGodly hot in the summertime anyway - you're more used to it.;)

You had floors!? Why, when we were growing up, we had to sleep in the dirt, which we were glad to have. Our neighbours had to sleep in the road, then clean it with there tongues every morning.....:D
You had dirt?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it's blowing pretty hard right now, but I don't think it has peaked yet. Lots of power outages reported, but so far, we're fat dum and happy! Still pretty hot inside though....:mad:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Even if you had AC to help out with the heat, it certainly won't be working now...sounds like most of the province has lost power. Our recent heat wave has turned into a cold front and today is certainly jacket weather.

Good luck and hope to hear from you...:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis