Is my receiver dead forever?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice deal indeed. 120 watts per channel full range, that thing is no joke. For 25 bucks it's a killer.:D What condition is it in?

S

spencore

Audiophyte
Very good condition. Everything is working on it so far... Only thing wrong is the power switch was a little wiggly.. but I just pushed it back in and it's fine! I'm super excited!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Ok guys. I really appreciate everyone's input!

Today I went out to an antique mall and stumbled upon a amp.

Check out what I scored for 25 bucks:

http://www.audio-extasa.eu/yamaha-ca2010-amplifier-p-99.html

I have one urgent question about this.. if you follow that link and go to the bottom image, you will notice the coupler is set in the "off" position. After just buying mine, I noticed it is set in the "On" position. Can anyone tell me what this is in non-technical terms? I read about in the manual but I honestly lack the terminology to understand what it says.

Anyway.. what do you guys think about this amp? For being 25 bucks I'm happy. It DOES work! It doesn't have a tuner..but that's really OK for me. 450 Watts too!

What do you guys think?
It is right by the pre outs and mains in. I think it couples the preamps to the mains. So it should be on. If it is off I doubt you will get any sound without an external amp. I suspect the mode switch should be set to normal. What does your manual say about that?

You had pennies from Heaven with that unit. Now look after it. If things don't work right, shut down immediately until you investigate. Make sure all wiring, especially speaker wiring, is neat and tidy at all times.

S

Stanley Weatherly

Audiophyte
I have rx309 that does everything well except spit out any sound. I've heard that caps r only thing in these that wear out. I was speculating output transistors or what fills that function. Anyone?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis