is accessories4less a legit website?

G

Gavilan355

Audioholic Intern
I was looking at the site and they have "too good to be true " prices. And its open box, has anybody purchased anything from there? are the open box good? any problems?

G

Gavilan355

Audioholic Intern
would the kef 200center go well with the kef q900?

Im getting the q900, and I know the 600c is what kef prefer to go with the q900. but its too big and expensive for me.. would it sound really bad if I go with the smaller 200c?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A lot of people here have purchased from them without complaint, they are legit.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Im getting the q900, and I know the 600c is what kef prefer to go with the q900. but its too big and expensive for me.. would it sound really bad if I go with the smaller 200c?
The Q200 will sound just fine.

majorloser

majorloser

I've bought quite a few items from them, to include special ordered Canton speakers. They are located in the Orlando, FL area.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
A very good online retailer, I have never had a problem and their prices are very good.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Ac4less

Yeah, they are legit....... good prices, good service and they will tell you if they are authorized with a mfg.....just sorry the Kef IQ speakers I bought there suck...not their fault...

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Very much legit. Every major brand they sell is factory authorized and comes with a factory guarantee. I, and many othere here, have been happy customers for many years.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've bought plenty of stuff from the site over many years too, from receivers to connectors. No complaints.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
200c should do just fine with 900's. You can always upgrade it later if you aren't satisfied.

S

Scott Bass

Audiophyte
I was looking at the site and they have "too good to be true " prices. And its open box, has anybody purchased anything from there? are the open box good? any problems?
Purchased Yamaha RX-A2050 AV Receiver on July 3rd, received delivery on July 7, found video of AV receiver (factory tested) out of box did not have video working on August 7, confimed with Yamaha Customer Support on August 12th that video was bad and not alternate setting, submitted request for return on August 12th, declined by Accessories4less for return because over PAST 30 DAYS FROM PRUCHASE DATE. BEWARE!!! $1,000+ Audio - Video Receiver out of box not replaced with VIDEO not working and claimed to be factory tested. Also, web page says 18 mo warranty with Yamaha which was confimed to be 12 months. Company lacks advertisement honesty (not factory tested with VIDEO of AUDIO / VIDEO not working / warranty length) and integrity (no replcement consideration at 40 days instead of 30 days)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Purchased Yamaha RX-A2050 AV Receiver on July 3rd, received delivery on July 7, found video of AV receiver (factory tested) out of box did not have video working on August 7, confimed with Yamaha Customer Support on August 12th that video was bad and not alternate setting, submitted request for return on August 12th, declined by Accessories4less for return because over PAST 30 DAYS FROM PRUCHASE DATE. BEWARE!!! $1,000+ Audio - Video Receiver out of box not replaced with VIDEO not working and claimed to be factory tested. Also, web page says 18 mo warranty with Yamaha which was confimed to be 12 months. Company lacks advertisement honesty (not factory tested with VIDEO of AUDIO / VIDEO not working / warranty length) and integrity (no replcement consideration at 40 days instead of 30 days)
Accessories4less simply sells the manufacturer's refurbs. Why didn't you contact A4L on August 7 instead of Yamaha (did you leave it in the box from July 7 to August 7 without testing it to make sure it worked?)? They helped me a bit beyond their stated 30 day terms on a Denon refurb but I simply asked if they could help first, didn't expect it. 30 days is 30 days. The manufacturers sub this refurb testing/repair work out generally to contracted service centers. Yamaha I assume will handle your warranty claim or do you have a problem with that now?

S

Scott Bass

Audiophyte
Yes, the AV receiver was in the box from July 7 through August 7. The unit if for a basement refinish with other components which I left in my home office till I had time away from work and family priorities during July and to put with other purchases for unit/integration testing. Yes, 30 days is 30 days so be prepared to unit test upon arrival since they stand by their policy even if the unit is unusable out of the box (which obviously should not have past a factory test). I have learned my lesson and replied to the inquiry "has anybody purchased anything from there? are the open box good? any problems?" with this case. The unit is now with Yamaha Service who let me know the warranty was for 10 months as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You wouldn't be the first to assume that something received was functional without testing it, sorry that you didn't take the time to confirm what you had received was functional; especially if it was an open box item, that screams test me now. Open box wouldn't be factory tested, would it? Think about it....they send an opened box to the anointed service center and they test it and return it still opened rather than certified refurbished? 1 year warranty is typical of a refurb as well, open box varies. Can't say I've ever seen an open box avr advertised there; searched just now and didn't find one either. Caveat emptor.

S

Scott Bass

Audiophyte
While it does not say "open box" explicitly it is still expected not to be unusable out of box. The item purchased was at the following link. http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa2050bl/yamaha-rx-a2050-9.2-ch-x-140-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html#!more

I also bought a sub, but until the receiver is returned it cant be tested. I am honestly expecting after 3 to 4 more weeks this will be a past issue and a lesson learned. Best wishes and further good luck with the company that you are passionate about.

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
You wouldn't be the first to assume that something received was functional without testing it, sorry that you didn't take the time to confirm what you had received was functional; especially if it was an open box item, that screams test me now. Open box wouldn't be factory tested, would it? Think about it....they send an opened box to the anointed service center and they test it and return it still opened rather than certified refurbished? 1 year warranty is typical of a refurb as well, open box varies. Can't say I've ever seen an open box avr advertised there; searched just now and didn't find one either. Caveat emptor.
I have to agree. New, refurbished, open box--doesn't matter. I always aim to test new electronics well within the retailer's return period. If I don't get to it, that's my fault. And 30 days is a good amount of time. Stuff I've bought off Ebay is often 10 or 15 days.

As far as open box, I have seen some items on Accessories4less that are described open box vs. factory refurbished. Definitely could be the warranty is different.

As far as my own experience with Accessories4less, my brother and purchased a refurbished Marantz receiver for my mother about 7 years ago. No problems and still working well. My brother also purchased a refurbished Marantz receiver a year or so earlier which he uses in his restaurant as their music system. No problems and still working well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis