is accessories4less a legit website?

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
I also bought a sub, but until the receiver is returned it cant be tested. I am honestly expecting after 3 to 4 more weeks this will be a past issue and a lesson learned. Best wishes and further good luck with the company that you are passionate about.
You can test a sub with a smartphone to see if it's not DOA. Just need a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Be careful to have the smartphone volume and sub gain (volume) turned down to begin the tests, and then slowly turn up as necessary.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
On further thought, I wouldn't trust a customer service rep at Yamaha to necessarily flesh out a setup issue with the receiver. If you post specifics of the problem, your troubleshooting, what Yamaha said.....

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
You wouldn't be the first to assume that something received was functional without testing it, sorry that you didn't take the time to confirm what you had received was functional; especially if it was an open box item, that screams test me now. Open box wouldn't be factory tested, would it? Think about it....they send an opened box to the anointed service center and they test it and return it still opened rather than certified refurbished? 1 year warranty is typical of a refurb as well, open box varies. Can't say I've ever seen an open box avr advertised there; searched just now and didn't find one either. Caveat emptor.
While it does not say "open box" explicitly it is still expected not to be unusable out of box. The item purchased was at the following link. http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa2050bl/yamaha-rx-a2050-9.2-ch-x-140-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html#!more

I also bought a sub, but until the receiver is returned it cant be tested. I am honestly expecting after 3 to 4 more weeks this will be a past issue and a lesson learned. Best wishes and further good luck with the company that you are passionate about.
Friends, folks here as well as myself hold access4less to high standards, quality of there products, brands and customer service, I give regard and understanding to your experience, it's only fair to say that you share a percentage of what occurred with respect to the components and warranty agreement, they are legit and have provided outstanding products and service...I hope everything smooths out and goes well for you:)

E

Elguapo916

Enthusiast
I was looking at the site and they have "too good to be true " prices. And its open box, has anybody purchased anything from there? are the open box good? any problems?
This thread is a little old but I just wanted to throw a comment out there. I was a bit skeptical too with one of those random online refurbished companies, however, I took a chance and I am very happy. I bought an AVRS530BT. I had some issues with it and I was a little nervous at first, the guy in customer service at first just said my problem was the cables. I never had issues with my old 50ft cable in the past...but...His cable helped, but didn't fully resolve the issue. But I went and bought the same unit from Best Buy and I had the same issue. So it was really just the receiver model and my old projector. I told the guys at AC4L and they helped me get a better unit (again, prices are so low it wasn't bad). The new unit just got in and it is freaking awesome. I paid about the same as what I would have paid for the AVRS530BT on Amazon, but I got the AVRS920W and I love it. They let me return the old receiver and just upgrade to the new one with no shipping/restock fees because of my random issue. Buying refurbished is great. AC4L seems pretty legit to me. I am a fan.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Accessories4Less is an authorized KEF reseller and gets all their "B-stock" for selling off. Recently a guy who either owns or is a principal in Accessorie4Less joined a KEF Owners group on Facebook, Mark S. It's pretty clear he's legit because he now owns and has in his home the very same white KEF Reference 5 floor standing speakers that were tested by Stereophile Magazine's John Atkinson. That fact was verified by the fact that the plinths (feet) for one of the pair got lost in shipping. Mark S has been very supportive of group members, and has explained that they are located in Florida but do not have a showroom to setup demo rooms, and it's not their business model. They don't have the staff trained to the level needed to properly represent the products, and to maintain the lowest prices it's "buy it, try it, return it for refund if you don't like it." But be reasonable, don't wait to test or audition a product, and understand the terms and conditions.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Their service is outstanding, I used accessories4less many times. Picked up my last AVR from them a Yamaha TSR-7790 3 Benjamin's. Unit sold for 849.00 new, so for 3 bill's a years worth of warranty came in a Yamaha box with all accessories couldn't find a scratch or a fingerprint on it. Unit has performed flawlessly to date. I highly recommend them dudes.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have been burnt a couple of times by refurbished products over the years.
I think there are two factors that set A4L apart from "just another reseller of refurb/closeouts":

1) Manufacturers of the product do the reconditioning. These manufacturers have generally maintained a solid reputation and they don't want to sell products that will reflect poorly on their quality/durability. They have the engineering department to develop effective evaluation/rework procedures.
2) Experiences I have had with companies like OneCall and DaMarkt (sp?) lead me to believe they will take a returned item and send it out to the next person to order that item in the hope that they won't catch the problem within the return period. A4L is serious about honoring their role as an official distributor of items from these manufacturers and is a honest and fair company.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have been burnt a couple of times by refurbished products over the years.
I think there are two factors that set A4L apart from "just another reseller of refurb/closeouts":

1) Manufacturers of the product do the reconditioning. These manufacturers have generally maintained a solid reputation and they don't want to sell products that will reflect poorly on their quality/durability. They have the engineering department to develop effective evaluation/rework procedures.
2) Experiences I have had with companies like OneCall and DaMarkt (sp?) lead me to believe they will take a returned item and send it out to the next person to order that item in the hope that they won't catch the problem within the return period. A4L is serious about honoring their role as an official distributor of items from these manufacturers and is a honest and fair company.
I've been really curious about OneCall. Seems like it is best to pass on them.

Personally, I've always had good luck with refurbs, but I have never purchased from A4L.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I've been really curious about OneCall. Seems like it is best to pass on them.

Personally, I've always had good luck with refurbs, but I have never purchased from A4L.
One Call seems hit-n-miss. Some have had great experiences. I have not dealt with them in the last 5 years, so they may have changed for all I know.
But honestly, if A4L has something I want/need, I check Google shopping just to make sure it has not dropped in price (like the recent $800 for Denon 4300 deal, which, considering new vs refurb, beat A4L, IMHO), then Amazon for open box returns via Amazon Prime (which have a full warranty and easy 30day return if defective - A4L warranties depend on the manufacturer, some are the same as new warranty, but some are for 1 year instead of 2, etc). A4L is usually the best deal, but it makes sense to verify there is no unique situation that beats their price!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
When my son bought his first KEF's (iQ10's) from Accessories4Less.com, which he gifted to me as MY first KEF speakers, they couldn't be told from new in packaging nor condition. Same is true months later after he'd heard them enough and bought a pair of KEF Q300 for himself, then a year after that a pair of Q800ds. I also bought him a Q200c center speaker. All perfect in every way, and 100% functional up to 3 years later.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis