funked up

funked up

Audioholic
I think I may have been expecting to much when I saw the movie. I really wasn't all that impressed, don't get me wrong I liked it. Just don't think it lived up to the hype. I thought there was alot of down time and got bored durring parts of it. Overall the moive gets a thumbs up, but I wish I could of walked out of it going "That was Awsome" instead of "That was OK".

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I think I may have been expecting to much when I saw the movie. I really wasn't all that impressed, don't get me wrong I liked it. Just don't think it lived up to the hype. I thought there was alot of down time and got bored durring parts of it. Overall the moive gets a thumbs up, but I wish I could of walked out of it going "That was Awsome" instead of "That was OK".
Well, I think it surpassed whatever hype there was. And I can't recall any down time. It was well-paced, well-acted, and well... everything. :)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I saw it yesterday during the afternoon (no kids.) Well, it was a good, much better than what I expected, better than Spiderman? I'm not sure, the story lines are so different that I don't think it's a fair comparison. The pacing was good, though not what I consider "fast," I did notice it was a bit choppy though, lot's of action in a short burst then "down time" repeated again throughout the whole movie. Overall it's a good movie with great acting (specially for the genre) and worth seeing on the silver screen for it's awesome effects. I would recommend it to anyone, not to be passed up.

The new Hulk movie, I'm not sure about, the cgi Hulk still hasn't been done right.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
The cgi on the Hulk movie was my least objection. I actually thought that was pretty good.

I'm confused about this downtime I keep hearing about. You mean the parts where they actually tell the story? Where they have human interaction? Character development? The things that make movies multi-dimensional? ;)

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
OK, Me Too

Hafta agree this was easily the best comic-based movie ever. I read the hype before going, but the movie actually exceeded my expectations, and I'm a hard sell.:)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hafta agree this was easily the best comic-based movie ever. I read the hype before going, but the movie actually exceeded my expectations, and I'm a hard sell.:)
Gotta heartily disagree with ya on that one. I think Spiderman 2 is still the best comic book movie ever made.

Maybe it was all the hype, but I just thought it was ok. I was expecting a lot more fighting. There were basically just 2 fight scenes. Plus, maybe the theater I was in just sucked, but there was hardly any bass. I'm sure the Blu-ray will sound better in my system.

But the suit was very cool.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
yes, this lines up behind spiderman 2 for me. no easy feat btw.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
saw it this weekend. Good movie overall but got a little carried away at the end when Bridges built a BIGGER Iron Man. I was disappointed they waited to play the Iron Man song all the way at the end of the movie. Overall it was better than I expected from the previews but not as glowing as the critics made it out to be.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
saw it this weekend. Good movie overall but got a little carried away at the end when Bridges built a BIGGER Iron Man. I was disappointed they waited to play the Iron Man song all the way at the end of the movie. Overall it was better than I expected from the previews but not as glowing as the critics made it out to be.
Yeah, I was originally hoping they would play the song in the movie too, but I thought about it, and it would have taken away some of the seriousness. It worked in the trailer, but overall I am glad it was left out.

On the topic of downtime, this is the first installment of what appears to be an Ironman string of movies. The first one is not going to be LOADED with action. Look at Batman Begins. It had quiet a large build up before he actually adorned his suite.

SheepStar

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
I'm so excited to see this movie! It's cool to see the cast just riding the wave and being happy about things....awesome.

Mark
Polk Audio CS

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
At any rate the movie is a resounding success in the theatres having done 50 million in the second week.

funked up

funked up

Audioholic
I think part of what I didn't like(I liked most of it) about the movie, was the lack of any kind of detail. For me, what gets me really sucked into these kinds of movies is believability, usually supported by details. The trick is to give even the most rediculous, unbelievable kinds of movie, a sense of reality, as sense of this could actually be done. Obviously it can't be, but if supported by details(even if there made up) gives the movie a sense of reality, instead of oh heres a suit i somehow made, while 20 terrorists were watching, but some how thought I was building a bomb. I know many people can just turn of there brains while watching a movie like this, but I need a little bit of help getting past my critical side.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I think part of what I didn't like(I liked most of it) about the movie, was the lack of any kind of detail. For me, what gets me really sucked into these kinds of movies is believability, usually supported by details. The trick is to give even the most rediculous, unbelievable kinds of movie, a sense of reality, as sense of this could actually be done. Obviously it can't be, but if supported by details(even if there made up) gives the movie a sense of reality, instead of oh heres a suit i somehow made, while 20 terrorists were watching, but some how thought I was building a bomb. I know many people can just turn of there brains while watching a movie like this, but I need a little bit of help getting past my critical side.
umm, they're dumb terrorists? :D

seriously though, i thought of that too, but the smart terrorists tasked the dumb terrorists to guard Tony Stark.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Finally saw this on Friday night and I will give it a solid 9/10.

Yes, I shut my brain off when I walked in the door but that was only so I could enjoy it for what it was, a good, kick butt, action flick.

I did hear myself think quite a few times, either that or the voices inside my head are back :D, man that part will sound awesome on my SVS!!

Yes, they were a few parts that were unrealistic and over the top, but to me, it was supposed to be, it is IronMan.

Cheers all
Michael

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Good movie overall but got a little carried away at the end when Bridges built a BIGGER Iron Man.
My thoughts exactly!

How did Bridges all of the sudden become this EXPERT like Tony Stark?

I guess the ending/climax is always the hardest to pull off.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I agree with you here. I thought it was good, but I just did not feel that it was GREAT coming out of the theater.

Maybe when it's on blu-ray w/ DTS-MA/TrueHD/LPCM, I might have a second opinion. That seems to be the case with me a lot of times. Maybe the theaters in OKC just suck and I just don't get the whole experience.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
My thoughts exactly!

How did Bridges all of the sudden become this EXPERT like Tony Stark?

I guess the ending/climax is always the hardest to pull off.
Uh.... are you serious? He had the first version... He then used it as a template and had a better one built.

SheepStar

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Uh.... are you serious? He had the first version... He then used it as a template and had a better one built.

SheepStar
You mean the first version that Tony Stark built in the cave?

Building it is one thing, making it actually work is another. Knowing how to operate is another thing. And knowing how to fly in it is yet another. He had time to master all that?

From the very beginning we can see that Tony Stark is a true genius. But was Bridges character ever portrayed as a genius? And those scientists working for him were clueless. Bridges' character just seemed like a business person.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Well, although I do agree that Bridges knowing how to intuitively use the bigger iron man suit was part of the suspending belief, it would also have made for a bad movie if they showed us his learning curve. His evil was sort of a surprise, it didn't need to be telegraphed like that.

Also, Bridges DIDN'T build the suit, he had all those scientists build it. They just didn't know how to power it. That's why he stole Stark's chest piece.

...with a special tool designed specifically for the job that fit and worked perfectly. :rolleyes:

And as far as him building the suit in a cave while being guarded... I had absolutely no problem with that. He was, after all, building it in pieces, and except for the helmet and chestplate, everything else, arms and legs, looked like missile parts.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, although I do agree that Bridges knowing how to intuitively use the bigger iron man suit was part of the suspending belief, it would also have made for a bad movie if they showed us his learning curve. His evil was sort of a surprise, it didn't need to be telegraphed like that.

Also, Bridges DIDN'T build the suit, he had all those scientists build it. They just didn't know how to power it. That's why he stole Stark's chest piece.

...with a special tool designed specifically for the job that fit and worked perfectly. :rolleyes:

And as far as him building the suit in a cave while being guarded... I had absolutely no problem with that. He was, after all, building it in pieces, and except for the helmet and chestplate, everything else, arms and legs, looked like missile parts.
That's a good point.

I guess for me, portraying Bridges' character as another mad scientist would have been more convincing. I just got the impression that he was all business. But perhaps they wanted us to assume Bridges was also a genius similar to Tony Stark.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis