Infinity speakers back on sale!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, that's just as bad. I own some RBH speakers as well. I've calmed down a bit since my last post and edited it a bit because I was seeing a lot of red right then, lol. I unboxed the 152's and all was well this time around. No damage. Those 162's were heavy but these aren't much lighter which is a good thing. swapped out my Wharfedale's for the 152's (which are similar dimension wise except these are a bit taller) and am listening to some jazz and light rock and they sound pretty much just like KEW described them. Neutral sounding which I like and a bit forward with the mids which I also like. Not bad for $169 shipped.
What a nightmare man. Sure am glad you got it sorted. I just love how these companies get your money as soon as you make the purchase and take forever to credit it back when something goes wrong.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
They still trying to dump those at half price? Mass marketing, has its ups and downs.:D Polks trying to sell off their LSiM line at half price they found some sucker to take their left over priced stock off their hands. When they where dumping their LSi line bsck in 2011, They Polk found some sucker in Vegas, to buy 200K plus of that stock. I lucked out, meaning what I ordered wasn't B stock, all came in as pristine condition. Not a scratch on any speaker. Got the whole line for around 1800 hundred. 15's center and the LSiFX surrounds.

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
They still trying to dump those at half price? Mass marketing, has its ups and downs.:D Polks trying to sell off their LSiM line at half price they found some sucker to take their left over priced stock off their hands. When they where dumping their LSi line bsck in 2011, They Polk found some sucker in Vegas, to buy 200K plus of that stock. I lucked out, meaning what I ordered wasn't B stock, all came in as pristine condition. Not a scratch on any speaker. Got the whole line for around 1800 hundred. 15's center and the LSiFX surrounds.
What one speaker make sells/discounts their line for doesn't have anything relevant to say about what another make sells theirs for. Everyone's margins and pricing structures are different.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
What one speaker make sells/discounts their line for doesn't have anything relevant to say about what another make sells theirs for. Everyone's margins and pricing structures are different.
Thing is I hope those are still selling like that in 40 day's I will pickup a pair of those before any Polk line.

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
Thing is I hope those are still selling like that in 40 day's I will pickup a pair of those before any Polk line.
They seem to have them about 5 or 6 times a year for various models so your chances are pretty good.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
They seem to have them about 5 or 6 times a year for various models so your chances are pretty good.
Thing is some do not realize just how good those towers really are. That pair will out perform any monitor line that Polk has even their T monitor line. Those 263's are a very good buy even at their full price. At higher volumes there's no distortion l, like Polks M70'S.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
IMHO, when on sale for ~$180-200, the R162's are the replacement for the discontinued Philharmonic AA's!
They do some things better, some things worse, but I have to rate them a step up from the AA's (Dayton Audio version) - the Infinities just have better drivers that offer more detail and better highs. The AA's have better bass and sometimes the wave guide of the Infinity doesn't present a sound as well as the AA's
Note that I have not heard the last version of the AA's Dennis had after he upgraded the tweeter.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
So the Infinity R12 sub for $160 sale ended yesterday and the R162 bookshelf speaker went on sale for $200/pr this morning. Maybe they are playing "musical chairs". In the past a sale would involve a bit over half of this series instead of one at a time.
Anyone looking for a BS speaker for under $500, this is probably the best you will find. The fact that it is only $200 makes it an insane deal! The only thing I can think of that might be competitive is the JBL Studio 530 if it goes back on sale for $300!
https://www.harmanaudio.com/speakers/REFERENCE+162.html?dwvar_REFERENCE 162_color=Black-USA-Current

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
@KEW Just ordered the RC263 to finish up my front soundstage. My patience actually paid off for once. Go figure. Can't wait to get it setup and rerun Audyssey.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@KEW Just ordered the RC263 to finish up my front soundstage. My patience actually paid off for once. Go figure. Can't wait to get it setup and rerun Audyssey.
Congratulations!
These Infinity Reference Series are so good and that 3-way center is especially nice!

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
Congratulations!
These Infinity Reference Series are so good and that 3-way center is especially nice!
Agree. I love the R253's and RS152 side surrounds I already have setup. Very well worth the price during these sales IMHO. I'm excited to add the larger center because I've had a setup before with a larger drivered center speaker and it sounded really good.

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
My RC263 center channel finally got here today( 3 days late) with no damage whatsoever to the speaker itself . This thing is ginormous! Need to rerun Audyssey tomorrow.
20190903_195201.jpg

EDIT: Oops. Need to flip it over too now that I see this picture ,lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis