Infinity IL60/HK AVR 3600

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
ok, infinity has a chat feature. i made up a fake name and email to start a chat.

according to dj on the chat, the original il60 tweeter part # is 335225-003 and no longer available. the replacement tweeter is p/n 335225-003 for $30 + tax/ship. maybe it was a typo but the only difference is the p/n.

either way, i'm calling tomorrow for a new pair and finally hear the great sound they say about them.

i hope this thread helps somebody in the future if they need it.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
they arrived today and there must be an open circuit without them because the rest of the drivers sound way different now.

i remember a sound effect, hall, that made it sound a bit hollow with a little echo. without the tweeter, that is what i heard. now everything sounds like it should.

for a twenty plus year old speaker, wow. now i know why people like them.

if it was not for a wife that wanted them out of the house, i would not have these in mine. poor guy. i KNOW he will miss them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's awesome! Yes, they're legit good speakers even by today's standards imo. Glad you got 'em up and running!

M

mg2.6

Audiophyte
They need Rabos period. Huge difference. Also if you want to enjoy music equalize them. They are too flat for rock and pop. Even some classical. However stick an equalizer on them and you can transform them into any speaker you want. I own three pair. They should be amazing. One of my favorite speakers. I've had magnepan 2.6, infinity wtlc, infinity intermezzo 2.6p, vandersteen 2c, jbl l100, infinity crescendo and on and on. If these don't sound amazing playing all genres with Rabos, and eq then something is wrong get them fixed they are worth it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis