cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Trumpet will be charged under the Espionage Act, but the biggest challenge facing prosecutors is whether they can prove Mr Trump knowingly and intentionally violated the law. Should be a cool movie. But what I see, is the Trumpet loyalist will vote for him in jail or not and we will have a screwed up election between and old man and a criminal. What a screwed up country we have. Sad, very sad.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Do I think that this is political? Absolutely. Do I believe that he broke the law? Yup! But, this investigation has taken far too long, and I struggle, greatly, with the timing. This indictment needed to happen a couple of years ago. It needed to happen WELL before he announced his run for president again. His trial needed to be over already. If he was going to be found guilty and locked up, it needed to already occur.
Below is a timeline of the document case:

What you see is that NARA ask DOJ for investigation Feb 9, 2022, a little over a year after he left office. Trump continues to delay and lie all the the time. A federal judge even used the "crime-fraud exception" to force one of Trumps own attorneys to testify and hand over documents etc.

I sure wish DOJ where faster, but here we are, and it's all on Trump. The likely reason for him to run for President again is to avoid going to jail.

>>>June 8 (Reuters) - Here is a timeline of events that led to charges against former U.S. President Donald Trump and others over government records, some marked as highly sensitive, stored at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida after he left the White House in January 2021:

Feb. 9, 2022: The National Archives and Records Administration asks the U.S. Justice Department to investigate Trump's handling of government records, after Trump returned boxes of government documents stored at Mar-a-Lago that included classified materials.

Aug. 8, 2022: Trump discloses that FBI agents searched Mar-a-Lago and broke into a safe in what one of Trump's sons said was part of a federal investigation into retention of records.

Aug. 12, 2022: The court-approved warrant behind the Aug. 8 search is released. It shows that 11 sets of classified documents were taken from Trump's property. The warrant states the Justice Department has probable cause to believe there were possible violations of the Espionage Act which makes it a crime to release information that could harm national security.

Aug. 22, 2022: Trump sues to block the Justice Department from reviewing materials seized from his home until a third-party arbiter, known as a special master, is assigned to make sure privileged documents are not improperly accessed.

Aug. 26, 2022: DOJ releases the heavily redacted affidavit behind the warrant for the search of Trump's property, disclosing that it believed the former president illegally possessed documents including some involving intelligence-gathering and clandestine human sources. The affidavit also says that there were "a significant number of civilian witnesses" assisting in the probe and that the department believed there also was evidence of obstruction.

Sept. 6, 2022: U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon grants Trump's request for a special master over DOJ objections, an action that delays the investigation. Senior U.S. District Judge Raymond Dearie of Brooklyn is later named to run that third-party review.

Sept. 15, 2022: The Justice Department seeks to access the classified materials taken in the search. Cannon rejects the bid, but the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals later allows DOJ to review the documents.

Nov. 16, 2022: Trump announces he will run for the Republican nomination in the 2024 U.S. presidential election.

Nov. 20, 2022: U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland appoints U.S. Special Counsel Jack Smith to preside over criminal matters relating to Trump, including the classified documents investigation.

Dec. 1, 2022: A federal appeals court reverses Cannon's appointment of a special master in the case, finding she lacked the authority to appoint one. The ruling gives the Justice Department access to all materials seized in the search of Trump's property.

Dec. 7, 2022: At least two classified records are found during a further search of Trump's properties, a source says.

December 2022: Trump lawyer Tim Parlatore appears before a federal grand jury in Washington to describe efforts to search Trump properties for any remaining government documents.

March 24, 2023: Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran appears before a federal grand jury in Washington after a federal judge finds Smith's team made a sufficient showing that Trump may have deceived his attorneys in furtherance of a crime.

May 17, 2023: Parlatore confirms he has left Trump's legal team. He later says on CNN that he exited over disagreements with others over handling of the probe, claiming Trump aide Boris Epshteyn prevented attorneys from properly defending the former president. A Trump spokesperson denies the claims.

June 8, 2023: Trump writes on social media that the Biden administration has informed his attorneys that he has been indicted, and that he has been summoned to appear at the federal courthouse in Miami on June 13.<<<

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The single funniest one is Trump is a man of the Bible. It should have taken about 5 seconds to see his behavior isn't consistent with Religionists. Or this guy..... :D
1686318402991.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So, the Trump-appointed federal Judge Aileen "Loose" Cannon that was smacked down for her role last autumn in this document case, is to preside over Trumps first appearance in Federal District Court in Miami.

What can go wrong? :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trump's two lawyers for this case, Jim Trusty and John Rowley have just resigned.
Two more in a matter of days? They refuse to perjure themselves in front of a federal judge, or is there some more sinister reasons behind it? I'm thinking of Corcoran where a federal judge approves of the "crime fraud exception". Perhaps Trump is just stiffing them, which is appropriate in a weird way.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Trumpet will be charged under the Espionage Act, but the biggest challenge facing prosecutors is whether they can prove Mr Trump knowingly and intentionally violated the law. Should be a cool movie. But what I see, is the Trumpet loyalist will vote for him in jail or not and we will have a screwed up election between and old man and a criminal. What a screwed up country we have. Sad, very sad.
Just shows that we are not different from other countries. ;)

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
;)
Just shows that we are not different from other countries.
Honestly, you're (USA, not you) giving way too much deference to a former President, and he's using running for office to further avoid accountability.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

This is irrelevant.

It shouldn't be. But it is.

Conservative Christians know that Trump is a whorebag cheater, yet they praise him as being sent as a savior from God.
Morality goes out the window with him. In droves.
Hypocrisy of the people runs so insanely deep when it comes to Trump, that his junkies will never seek rehab.

Do I think that this is political? Absolutely. Do I believe that he broke the law? Yup! But, this investigation has taken far too long, and I struggle, greatly, with the timing. This indictment needed to happen a couple of years ago. It needed to happen WELL before he announced his run for president again. His trial needed to be over already. If he was going to be found guilty and locked up, it needed to already occur.

At this point, he could be locked up, thrown in jail, even executed, and his minions would still vote for him.

What's worse, he would still likely win the primary.

Biden, as the incumbent, makes sense that he will get the nod for the next term. It's typical. He isn't the best choice, but if it is Biden or Trump, then he is certainly the BETTER choice. I continue to believe that Biden didn't win the election in 2020... Trump just LOST the election. Trump brought out the voters who wanted to be damn sure that the unthinkable didn't happen again like it did four years prior. I believe the same will happen in 2024.
Yes, but. He left office Jan 21, a little over 2 years. Exactly because of his position, things took a slow road, should we, should we not, etc.
Complicated cases take time. Witnesses, grand juries, etc.
Dragging things out by the Trumpster is SOP for him, wear down your enemy.

Nixon's pardon was a grave mistake.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Below is a timeline of the document case:

.... The likely reason for him to run for President again is to avoid going to jail.

YES!

And fund raising to enrich himself and pay his legal costs which is also enriching him as it doesn't come out of his pocket.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok I have just one question? How about Trump doesn't have an entire room full of documents that weren't supposed to leave the White House? How about since he knows he's going to be a target he doesn't do things that are going to get him targeted? How is it the White House's fault or democrats fault that he basically gave them something to go after him for?

His crying about the election gaslighting the events that led up to the rioting at the capital. That just gave democrats so much ammunition to use against Republicans ever since? I can't blame a political party for taking advantage of another parties and leadership mistakes. Republicans idiotic stance on abortion as an example. America is about freedoms. Is it Democrats fault that Republicans didn't think about the repercussions of telling millions of registered women voters what to do with there bodies in the middle of a midterm and Democrats took advantage of that?

If Trump never does certain things then these things never happen and he's never in the situation he's in right now.

And let's not act like the Republicans wouldn't do the same thing if the tables were turned. How many times have they tried to impeach Biden? Or gone after his son and his laptop? I'm not saying they weren't unjustified in that I'm just saying BOTH parties do it.

And honestly not all of that is bad elected leaders on both sides should be held up to the most intense scrutiny. But if you know your going to get the heat from the opposition how about I don't know you act a little smarter start thinking about tactics and optics?

And as far as Biden using the government to his advantage well Democrats won the election. It's like the NBA finals they got home court advantage now. Of course certain calls will go there way. Just like it would if Republicans were to have a majority in Congress and the Presidents seat of power.

Republicans need to stop crying about it and start winning elections

Look I have no problem calling democrats out on they're bullsh$t but we need to do the same for Republicans as well.

That's one of my biggest issue with Trump his followers are like a cult nobody will call him out on his bullsh$t. They're to busy licking the boot. They'll even admit he has faults but downplay it even if those faults are what hurt him in elections or running the country.

How is that any different then how the Democrats are trying to prop up Biden?

They're are younger and much better candidates in both parties I'd love to see get a shot. But because of this identity politics played by both sides we won't get to see any of them get a fair shot until 2028? FML

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Honestly, you're (USA, not you) giving way too much deference to a former President, and he's using running for office to further avoid accountability.
Nah !, Trumpo was pushing his whacked out innocence way before he announced his running for office. HE got caught with classified docs around Feb 2022, he announced his 2024 run Nov 16, 2022. So like you noted to later in your post, Trumpo is now using the campaign to wash over his screw up, which I feel he knew what he was doing. But his narcissistic crap maybe now has him caught.,

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Nah !, Trumpo was pushing his whacked out innocence way before he announced his running for office. HE got caught with classified docs around Feb 2022, he announced his 2024 run Nov 16, 2022. So like you noted to later in your post, Trumpo is now using the campaign to wash over his screw up, which I feel he knew what he was doing. But his narcissistic crap maybe now has him caught.,
With deference I meant that anyone but Trump would’ve been indicted a long time ago as well as being the target of a search warrant.

Same with the coddling to make him handover documents he longer had any right to possess.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Mark Levin was the second host if I remember right who said, 'Who cares if Trump has documents. What about Biden?!' I wished to call their bluff by giving them Biden for Trump. I'm pretty sure there would be no takers LOL.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis