Indiana Jones - review

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Just got back from watching it with the family. I would rather have watched Chucky.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Just got back from watching it with the family. I would rather have watched Chucky.
My kids want to go see this and after that and all the other comments on this movie, I'm pawning this one off to the grandparents.......:D

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Some friends are trying to get me to go see this tonight. I think I might have to pass and wait for someone to rent it. The word i'm hearing from people I know who've seen it is it is OK, basically not bad, just doesn't live up to expectations. The common word seems to be it starts out 'ok' then gets kinda "flat."

Jack

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
I guess I was a fan of the older Indy movies because of their Serial Adventure feel to them. This still has that feel but the sci-fi kick I thought was what killed it. That is where I wanted to walk out.

****Spoiler?*****

I did feel that Spielberg just stole some footage from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and threw in there for good measure. The effects were not done well and it makes me wonder where they spent all of their budget? It's not like there was a lot of set work in a jungle!

Let's just say I'm glad I had free tickets.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it Friday night and I taking for what it was I quite enjoyed. Its not as bad as people are making it out to be. There are certainly alot worse movies out there then this one.

It was exagereated and I realize Indy should have bit the dust a few times in the film. I thought too that the aliens were a little to sci-fi . But if you can get past these few points, I enjoyed it for what it was, light entertainment.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought it was entertaining

I watched it Friday night and I taking for what it was I quite enjoyed. Its not as bad as people are making it out to be. There are certainly alot worse movies out there then this one.

It was exagereated and I realize Indy should have bit the dust a few times in the film. I thought too that the aliens were a little to sci-fi . But if you can get past these few points, I enjoyed it for what it was, light entertainment.

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic

You don't have to say it twice.::p

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
I just returned from the movie and thanks to all of you I was not disappointed. In fact, I loved the movie. Judging from the sales I am not alone. Apparently what many of you like is not even close to what I enjoy. This has been a great three day break, in fact.

Tomorrow back to fighting overhead, the weak dollar, vendor submittal delays, benefit cost containment, and the rest.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I just returned from the movie and thanks to all of you I was not disappointed. In fact, I loved the movie. Judging from the sales I am not alone. Apparently what many of you like is not even close to what I enjoy. This has been a great three day break, in fact.

Tomorrow back to fighting overhead, the weak dollar, vendor submittal delays, benefit cost containment, and the rest.
In other words, tomorrow we all are back to the grind stone so to speak. I plan on watching it next weekend. Could have today, but decided to be just lazy. Believe you me, I have done a good job at it too..........LOL!!!!! ;);)

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Fun movie. It moved right along, and Harrison looks great for his age (must must be pushing lots of weights). As usual with Indy movies, you can spend time identifying gimmicks lifted from old 50's and 60's action movies, old serials, etc. Hordes of disposable natives, ancient creepy ruins, sleazy, corrupt villains dying from hubris, traitors, KGB (in the place of Nazis)...what else can you ask for...maybe the Arc of the Covenant?

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
The special effects were obvious, but speilberg stated he wanted it to have a comic book feel to the movie, thats why the effects were photoreal as they could be.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i was able to watch this last night.

** out of 5 (maybe less)

it felt hollow, it felt empty and senseless.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
i was able to watch this last night.

** out of 5 (maybe less)

it felt hollow, it felt empty and senseless.
So, Mike I take it you liked it????? Just kidding!!!!! :p:p I plan to see it maybe this weekend. That is, unless there is something else to watch. Hope all is well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
So, Mike I take it you liked it????? Just kidding!!!!! :p:p I plan to see it maybe this weekend. That is, unless there is something else to watch. Hope all is well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
it wasn't a total loss. i spent the time in the theater wondering how their pretty highly tuned cinema subs was actually giving me tactile feel. i mean, i have a 4k room. they have a million k.

what's wrong with my subs!?!?!?!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
it wasn't a total loss. i spent the time in the theater wondering how their pretty highly tuned cinema subs was actually giving me tactile feel. i mean, i have a 4k room. they have a million k.

what's wrong with my subs!?!?!?!
Well, to answer your question we need to know which ones are you referring to as you own so many. :D:D Just kidding!!!!! Honestly, the theaters I go to seem to have a ton of unlimited power which translates to more spl. However, have not heard any extremely deep bass say anything below 25 Hz or so. Of course, this is just guessing and w/o any real world measurement holds no validity. It is doubtful it is much, if any, lower than 25 Hz or so.

Cheers,

Phil

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Well, to answer your question we need to know which ones are you referring to as you own so many. :D:D Just kidding!!!!! Honestly, the theaters I go to seem to have a ton of unlimited power which translates to more spl. However, have not heard any extremely deep bass say anything below 25 Hz or so. Of course, this is just guessing and w/o any real world measurement holds no validity. It is doubtful it is much, if any, lower than 25 Hz or so.

Cheers,

Phil
Below 25 is pretty unlikely, in fact even 30 Hz is fairly tactile. My local best equipped theater (The Senator in Baltimore) has about 50,000 watts of amps, is locally revered for its sound and can move your clothes enough that it's visible, but as you go down, power requirements increase logarithmically so you get the point where the whole neighborhood would have to go dim for a big boom.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Below 25 is pretty unlikely, in fact even 30 Hz is fairly tactile. My local best equipped theater (The Senator in Baltimore) has about 50,000 watts of amps, is locally revered for its sound and can move your clothes enough that it's visible, but as you go down, power requirements increase logarithmically so you get the point where the whole neighborhood would have to go dim for a big boom.
Very interersting skizzer. Like I said, not really sure how low my local theaters play their LFE, but my guess it isn't much below 25 hz or so. It is rather loud but at times that really brings out the LFE effect. Thanks for posting. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Phil

S

Steelheart1948

Enthusiast
Personally, I loved the movie. Pure escapist entertainment for 2 hours. It was great to see Indy back in action. No one has commented so far, on Karen Allen's weight gain. I'm going to see it again, tomorrow.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis