Indiana Jones - review

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
I liked the new Indy movie, but what I can't stand is the stupidity of putting in unbelievable crap, i.e.. gun powder is not magnetic nor is lead shot (shotgun shells). Now I'm all for escapism but come on it has to have some logic to it. But did I enjoy it, sure, I'm easy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Easily the weakest of the movies. It was fun and entertaining and in much the same vein as the rest, but that magic flavor made the others great was noticeably missing from this one. It was not a bad movie, just not a solid offering and not up to the level of the previous movies IMO. The new THX opener (as pointed out by MikeC) was probably the most entertaining part.

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
I thought the movie had some really good parts, and some HORRIBLE parts. The vine-to-vine tarzan scene, combined with a random scene of monkeys comming out of nowhere to attack them for no reason, basically ruined the rest of the movie for me.

I thought 1 & 3 were great, 2 & 4 were horrible.

robmlisanti

robmlisanti

Audioholic
I work in the comic book business and around 12 of us went to see this movie on opening day...well all i can say is that at the end of the movie we all looked at each other in disbelief and said WTF was that??...enuff said...I wouldnt buy it.:mad:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
N I C E F O N T Try using the defaults; that's a bit large.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Amazon had it for $14.95 on BD the other day so I bought it. I'm going back and forth on this one. Part of me really wants to see it because I really liked the original movies. The other part thinks it'll be somewhat of a turd and a waste of $15. Well, either way I'll find out in a few days.

Jack

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just finished watching this movie on BD. I can say it was much better than I expected, unfortunately I wasn't expecting much and not much is about what I got. I initially thought the trouble with it was the overuse of CGI, or the subplots that weren't explained and/or made little sense (like the kung fu warriors in the graveyard). A lot of scenes seemed to me to just be thrown in for no particular reason, almost as if the glue that held them together had ended up on the cutting room floor.

The story itself wasn't so awful, even with the aliens and all. It just never seemed to meld into something where I got caught up in and cared about the story. In short, it was very flat. That charm from the original movies wasn't there at all. And that charm was the magic ingredient that let you forgive the makers from crossing into fantasy land and still made the movies fun and enjoyable to watch. It's unfortunate because I really felt this movie had the potential to be great.

Jack

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was watching the bonus feature stuff and one of the commentaries by Spielberg was that everywhere he went he would always get asked "When are you going to make the next Indiana Jones movie?" So after all those years of hearing that, he finally figured it would make some money. IMHO, they waited too long and didn't really commit enough real effort to it. I could tell from the trailers that this was going to be average at best, which is why I didn't bother to go see it in the theater and I am glad I didn't.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis