Impact Acoustics August 2005 Contest Giveaway - 3Play Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Calibum

Audiophyte
Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming? In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?
Currently, I use my system more for music. Music can be in the background, I can change it as my mood changes, and I do not need to restrict it around my children as I do with movies and gaming. Tough question for me. So much more of my time can be spent with music than it can be with gaming or movies. I love my system and have invested a lot of money in everything, but watching movies takes big chunks of time that I can only do so often. Our music is always on. We pump it through XM, and we now stream it out of the computer, and the kids use the Ipods. I expect the highest quality from movies, but listening to music over and over again is always time well spent. I don't see this changing in the future.

D

dbuske

Audiophyte
I use for playing DVD movies. I don't watch much TV, or play music

R

raskolnikov

Audiophyte
Trends in AV usage

My current A/V usage is 60/40 music/movies. Since I grew up in the music age and not the gaming age, I don't use my AV system for gaming. On a consumer wide basis, as those who grew up glued to the TV playing games, I could see an overall increase in those who use the AV system for gaming. And as processors get faster, the games become more system intensive, allowing for an experience that would warrent the expenditure in expensive AV systems. As an avid DirecTV and TIVO user, I could also see a future whereby online media (not just MP3) could benifit from AV support.

L

lglessner

Audiophyte
August 2005 Contest Giveaway

> Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment,
> do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming?

definately use it more for movies and music right now..

> which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?

i could use it staying used for more for gameing in the future as our
kids get older and start playing more video games.

A

Alex

Audiophyte
Currently my system is 60 movies and 40 music. With the addition of my HDTV this fall my movies might increase to more like 75/25.

N

Nobahar

Audiophyte
I use my system for 70% movies, 25% music, and 5% gaming. In the future with a hopefully more mp3 friendly cd player system, it should move to 50% movies, 45% music and 5% gaming.

C

chromiumman

Audiophyte
i use mine for 75% movies and 25% music. i intend to buy a larger screen and watch even more movies.

S

susan1215

Audiophyte
I use mine 80% movies 10% gaming and 10% for music.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
music music music

I use my system for 99% music. I may get into HT...no I won't because I rather read and listen to music then act brain dead in front of the tube

K

Kid Red

Audiophyte
I guess I'm like some here, 90% movies/HD/SD, 8% music and 2% games. Music is important, but I listen to music in the car and in my office while i work on the computer. I go into my media room to watch TV. I'll pop in some music maybe at night, or to listen to outside, but I just don't get as much satisfaction from strictly audio. I might listen to music more if I felt the urge to buy a DVD-A with a video track or something, but I've never been a concert type of music listener. Music videos, well, I loath MTV so I don't listen to much music on the HT even though I did go for a musical system.

With the iPod and iTunes growing in astronomically bounds, high end audio is becoming a niche. I don't see this changing any time soon. Our generation will only continue this trend with no real end in sight. Better ACC encoding will help, but I don't see SACD and the like ever becoming a mainstay.

Besides, who goes to their home theater to listen to music with a black screen?

R

RonK

Enthusiast
In the home theater, mine is about 99% movies and hdtv...maybe 1% gaming...the gaming number could go way up with the xbox2 coming out, if more high-def games come with it...

G

Guy

Audiophyte
I love watching movies, but my use of the system for music is still at about 35 to 40 percent. In the future, with some new polk audio Lsi I am about to receive, I am sure that my music listening time is going to increase.

R

renystro

Audiophyte
Looks like I'm different

Music: 40%
Games: 30%
Movies: 30%

Most likely more with games as sony finally starts supporting digital sound, will need more inputs

D

djsixbillion

Audiophyte
My system is used for probably 50% music listening, 40% movies, and 10% games and other stuff.

E

evilgenius

Audiophyte
I use my system entirely for music, movies may come later, for now its all audio.

REWJR

REWJR

Junior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics media switcher

I for one will wait for there next needed product which will be 4 HDMI inputs > HDMI output with added 6 cable analogue and Ilink multi-channel SACD/DVD-A input / output ....

S

Stormwolf

Enthusiast
I would have to say I use my system 55% gaming (love the surround sound in Socom hear people comin from certain directions and blast em) 40% Movies and 5% music.

I imagine this will change once my wife is back from her seasonal job (conservation officer) and TV will get added into the picture as well as chick flick movies..blah

Mike McGann

Mike McGann

Audiophyte
I'm going to get slapped for this but:

I have five HT systems, all designed for different purposes.

The main theater for movies. 96-inch screen/projector, DLP, 7.1...acoustic treatments and design, yadda, yadda as seen in the Feb. 2002 (I think it was) issue of Home Theater. Wildy, silly expensive DVD player.

The family room for TV and movies for the kids. 62 in DLP TV, mid-fi DD 5.1 system, twinned to outside audio for deck/pool with LCD panel in window and outdoor speakers.

My office, music primarily. HD LCD Projector (low-end), Dreadnaught receiver. kick butt british speakers. DVD-A/SACD.

The living room: gaming. Sony Wega HD 36 4:3 CRT. Upper mid-fi audio, annoying high resistance speakers. XBox. The only VCR in the whole house.

My bedroom: the island of misfit toys...stuff mixed/matched oddly, but cool for late-night TV or music. And Tivo, of course.

I hate to compromise.:)

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
50% Movies on DVD (+20% DBS/B'cast)
10% PC Games
15% Music
5% Internet/other PC use

PC on 50" screen is impressive so game use will probably increase. No Game Console now, but may get one in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis