Junior Audioholic
I currently have the following mix:
- 75% Movies (some TV)
- 25% Music (some FM)

I don't forsee much change in this mix.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
As of right now I use it for about 75% movies, 20% games, and 5% music. I really dont forsee it changing that much, possible more music and less moives.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
I would have to say Movies, gaming and music in that order for me. That being said the line is being blured with Music Videos, music in games, the ability to play custome soundtracks in games etc. None of the 3 are ever going away but will surly become more intregrated as time goes on.

LikeABanshee

LikeABanshee

Audioholic Intern
50% Movies and TV,
45% Video Games,
5% Music.
In the future this will likely shift to 45/40/15 respectively when I add an xbox360 for streaming audio to my rig.

HowY

HowY

Audioholic Intern
Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming? In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?
Consolidation!

I've been consolidating audio - video - computing and delivering services
through a whole house distribution system.... IR being a more difficult issue
than expected.

Originally focused on Audio I as well suffer from the children aspect and
find movies (on-demand) and games the trend in my future as well as
computing on the main entertainment system.

We as consumers really need a more stationary target for wiring standards
with HDMI being my preference at the moment - much more density in
the hi-def connections allowing more systems to inter-connect
but currently it's expensive and not install on the fly requiring
special order wiring and termination hardware.

Content delivery for the kids is vital anymore and their attention is
short so I switch a LOT twixt movies games and PC based games
and such.

Jmoney715

Jmoney715

Audioholic Intern
i use my system mainly for movies, but when wanting to relax and enjoy my speakers i listen to music, hopefully in the near future i will get a projector and fully experience a home theater environment.

S

sjcguy

Junior Audioholic
When I choose my receiver, I always have the 2ch stereo in mind. Now with kid and busy life, i just want to watch the movie or play my favorite music to relax a bit. I would say 50HT/ 50% music.

D

dloweman

Audioholic
I would say right now i use it roughly 50/50 for music and movies, really into the 5.1 channel concerts like dave matthews band live in central park.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
bald said:
I need an affordable way to network my lossless digital music collection.
I use Apple Lossless with iTunes and an AirPort Express.

B

bobmaniac

Audiophyte
Consumer Electronics

Well, I am a musician so making sure my equipment sounds great with music is very very important to me. Its the #1 deciding factor when I buy new stuff. However, in terms of actual use I probably use my home theater system more for movies. In addition, with the new Xbox 360 and PS3 coming out, I feel as if video games will take up alot of my home theater usage.

G

Guavamanh

Junior Audioholic
Pick me! =D

1) USA! =)
2) 45% Gaming - 45% - Movies 10% Music: The main music system is connected to the big screen in the living room. For music i usually just play music off my computer with the Logitech z680 system. I dont care too much about fidelity for music because I usually leave it on to study or clean up the room, or turn it up while I'm around the house. I only put music on the main system when we're having a get together or a party (thus accounting for the 10%). I forsee myself going more: 30% Gaming - 50% Movies - 20% Music in the future.

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
50/50

Right now I am 50/50 music and movies. I plan to go to a dedicated 2-channel rig that will reduce the music listening on my theater system.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Current: Movies - 60%, Audio - 40%, Games - what games?
I see in the future a more or less similar use for myself and my family. It would be nice to see some more while house integration products geared more to the DIYer than the pro-installer. Future looks good though anyway you slice it.

T

Topher

Junior Audioholic
I use my system for 40% movies & 60% music. I don't see my pattern changing much, although I'm buying a projector, so it might sway more to movies.
I have one chipped xbox & use XBMC to play xvid's & mp3's. I will eventually mod my other one to better use zone 2 (my HK doesn't have video out for z2) & will add more xboxes as needed, unless something better comes out.

F

FLMike

Audioholic
More for music

More for music, then movies, and minimal games (60%, 35%, 5%). Maybe moving slightly more to movies in the future, but no radical changes.

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
70%tv/dvd 15%gaming 15%music

hopefully have more time for gaming in the future

F

Frustrated

Enthusiast
Contest Answer

That is a really tough question. I work in my loft, so....during the day, I listen to iMusic or Digital Cable Radio, sometimes CD's, records and even cassete tapes...:eek:. In the evening, I usually pop in a DVD or turn on the X-box and connect to X-box Live. In percentage, I would put that around 40% music, 20% dvd and 40% gaming.

I dont really see this changing too much. I'm already watching every movie I want to see.

I would like to note that I recently suffered a problem that could have been corrected by your device. My preamp is a Rotel 966, which means I only had 2 optical Toslink and 2 coaxial inputs. Unfortunately, I have 4 toslink only devices. 3 are a/v devices and 1 CD player. I tried a passive switcher and it didn't work at all. I ended up getting a Zehnder active toslink switcher. Well that works great, but the Zehnder doesn't have video inputs. On top of that, I paid the same amount of money as Impact Acoustics!

PS. I have two adresses. I am a US citizen.

jellosheriff

jellosheriff

Audiophyte
Mostly movies for my children. Music is only a very small percentage (more while entertaining than everyday listening.)

Of course, our stereo is over 20 years old, so that might have something to do with it. I anticipate home theatre sound and video to become more flexible with separate components that are intergrateable... dubbing lines from movies into your MP3 player or onto your cell phone, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis