Impact Acoustics August 2005 Contest Giveaway - 3Play Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
For August, Impact Acoustics is giving away three (3) of their new 3-Play Devices.

To be eligible to win, you must:
1) Have either USA or Canadian residency.
2) Answer the following question before the contest end date of August 31, 2005. Winners will be selected shortly thereafter.

Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming? In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?

Best of luck from Audioholics and Impact Acoustics.

What does 3-Play do?
The Impact Acoustics™ 3-Play™ connects up to 3 TOSLINK digital audio, 3 stereo analog audio pairs, and 3 component video (770.3) signals to a single component video input. Experience loss-less control from as many as 3 HDTV or progressive scan source components! 3-Play gives you the power of choice and the convenience of control! This component is ideal for connecting DBS Satellite, DVD and ATSC Tuners to home theater receivers and pre-amp/processors. Includes IR remote control and DC 12V/500mA power supply. 1-Year Parts and Labor Warranty.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
gene said:
Considering your current investment in consumer electronics equipment, do you find you use your system more for music, movies or gaming? In which direction do you see your use pattern moving in the future?

I use it mainly for movies/TV (90%), Music (8%), Gaming (2%)...

I believe that the continual merging between Home Theater and music will play a large roll in the future of consumer electronics. With iPods, HTPC, wireless music/media streamers, distributed audio, digital cameras and the like, homes are becoming entire media centers unto themselves which require better integration between personal electronics and Home Theater to allow home owners the full use of these items. There still is no 100% reliable, secure, easy to use distributed A/V system...that is the future, a true 100% integrated home.

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
gene said:
For August, Impact Acoustics is giving away three (3) of their new 3-Play Devices.

To be eligible to win, you must:
1) Have either USA or Canadian residency.
2) Answer the following question before the contest end date of August 31, 2005. Winners will be selected shortly thereafter.

Best of luck from Audioholics and Impact Acoustics.

What does 3-Play do?
The Impact Acoustics™ 3-Play™ connects up to 3 TOSLINK digital audio, 3 stereo analog audio pairs, and 3 component video (770.3) signals to a single component video input. Experience loss-less control from as many as 3 HDTV or progressive scan source components! 3-Play gives you the power of choice and the convenience of control! This component is ideal for connecting DBS Satellite, DVD and ATSC Tuners to home theater receivers and pre-amp/processors. Includes IR remote control and DC 12V/500mA power supply. 1-Year Parts and Labor Warranty.
I use my system for 50% movies and 50% music. I would also like to see a one box unit to whole house integration with a radio frequency remote. An audio visual receiver that is capable of controlling music, movies, digital audio and have the necessary hookups for live video feeds and ethernet access.

Last edited by a moderator:
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
I use my system for 70% music and 30% movies. In the future, I plan to purchase a front projector and increase my percentage of movie watching.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
75% movies/tv, 24% music, 1% gaming
I would listen to more music but, my dislike of sony keeps me from buying sacd's, the dvd-a selection is very small and cd's are ussually so badly produced that I only play them on my patio system.

paulsilkiner

paulsilkiner

Banned
Music, Video or Gaming

To tell the truth, my video to music ratio is about 52% to 47%. I have children and an xbox but its use is about 1%. The trend in my family as a group and as individuals is that we are doing more theater entertainment that has both audio and video vs a majority of our choices being just audio. The marriage of movies, music and other forms of entertainment is the joining of audio and video. We do not really watch or listen to options that do not have thier counterpart.

Paul "Love DTS" Silkiner

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
70% - DVDs (movies and tv series)
29% - TV (broadcast/cable/satellite)
1% - Gaming

I don't see this changing much until there's a lot more quality TV. If shows like Lost and Battlestar Galactica were the norm rather than the exception, *and* if more HD programming was available, the TV number could increase.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I definitely use my system more for movies. Music gets some time, but only about 5 to 10%. With movies in HD just around the corner hopefully, I don't see much changing in the future. If more music was mixed in 5.1, I would listen to more music through my system.

B

Bobby2x

Junior Audioholic
I use my HT for Movies, Movies, Movies...
OK well I listen to about 30% music, But love
Movies and really love it when the surrounds
cause my dogs to freakout!
They freak on a dog barking from behind the
couch, from a back speaker...
LOL
Boy I could use one of these little Jewels!
Save me time at work haveing to
walk through my family on how to switch the
A/V source!!!!

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Currently,

60% is Movies (DVD)
40% is Music

for the future,

60% will be for Movies (DVD)
35% for Music
5% for Gaming

The fact that I got two young children is changing my habits and with the introduction of soon to be Xbox360/Sony PS3 I can almost guarantee one of these units will come into my home. Theses units will be doing what the Microsoft Media Centre PCs were meant to do (IMO, not doing a very good job though), become a centre piece for the family room as a multimedia/entertainment system designed for everyone.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Probably 80% music (as much multichannel as I can get my stinkin' hands on) and 15% movies and about 5% XBox. We're at the end of this upgrade wave, except for a new TV this fall, so we're pretty happy with our current setup. We've always been more into music than movies, in part because it creates a more social setting (entertaining, cooking, etc) and I come from a long line of certified music nutjobs. With a 12-week old baby in the house now, our movie watching has been curtailed quite a bit, but we're looking forward to watching some of our favorite movies with him when he's older.

Jason

G

gsuhoppy

Audiophyte
My theater equipment is setup almost entirely for movies(90%). I do however have an xbox connected to the system and play it fairly frequently(10%).

I believe the future of electronics is going to entail major leaps and bounds by all three markets since all three are indirectly, and more often than not, directly connected to each other.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I previously had a single setup I used for movies, music, and video games. I now have two setups. One for music and movies. The other for video games. I think I would say time-wise, I spend about 45% on music, 30% on games, and 25% on movies. But I tend to play mostly RPGs, and those games average about 60 hours to complete.

I don't think my pattern will be changing much in the future.

Money-wise, things are a little different. The bulk of my purchases have gone towards improving audio in the movie/music setup. My second setup for video games consists of lower-end equipment.

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
Today:

70% Home Theater
10% Music
20% Gaming (via console)

Future:
50% Home Theater
10% Music
40% Gaming (via both console and PC)

B

bald

Audiophyte
Front projection setup,
95% movies (hdtv/dvd)
5% regular broadcast (except during college football :) when that's all I watch)

In the future I see myself listening to more music, as I'm just now getting a level of equipment where things actually sound decent.

A product I would love to see is very similar to any of the wireless media extenders: quiet, wireless, feeds digital audio to a receiver, but there is just one problem. The formats they support are all useless. MP3 and lossy wma don't appeal to me at all. Lossless wma or even better, FLAC would be a product that I would buy in a second.

I need an affordable way to network my lossless digital music collection.

bald

D

Diablo

Audioholic Intern
I use my system for movies. I have another dedicated system for music

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Currently, I watch probably close to 70% movies/TV, 20% games and 10% music. In the future with the NTSC broadcast system slowly going away, I hope to be able to watch more and more TV in HD and enjoy multi-channel sound from regular tv programmes.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
60% TV/Movies. 40% music. 0% Games.
I don't see that changing drastically in the future unless the DVD-A floodgates suddenly open. :)

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
60% Movies
39% Music
1% Gaming

It will stay about the same in the future with gaming taking away from movies as my kids get older.

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
I use my system now about 70% movies/TV and 30% music. Now with new speakers, and soon a new AV receiver, I expect music listening to increase, as well as DVD movies. TV watching will decrease, which will not be a bad thing. I do not do any gaming. (What is an x-station 2 anyway?) But with the Home theatre PC I recently got, I'm going to reinstall MAME and really enjoy all those old arcade games again. Dig Dug here I come!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis