I want to upgrade to Martin Logan 60XT

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
Another thought is that seating up against a wall can come with acoustic issues, too...
My couch is actually 3 feet away from that back wall. Now, that back wall is a bedroom. I have considered taking it down and make my room 10 feet longer. However I'm not sure if that actually will gain a whole lot. Yest the affects coming from the rear will sneak up on you a bit and sound a little better. But then I might be too far away from the tv. And the room across will remain at 12'. And if I took that wall down I now have a 1700 squ ft 1 bedroom 2 bath home. When I sell, and that will be sooner than later, I hate paying these crooks in Illinois, I will have to put the wall back up. Not a huge deal, but something I have to seriously think about.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I get placement issues for sure we've all been through that

The only concern I have is any speaker bookshelf or tower is going to struggle up against the wall and in the corners like that

You sure you can't flank those towers around that entertainment center have the subs outside of them and just make slight adjustments until you dial it all the way in? It'll also help with visuals as the sound stage will be wrapped around the TV

The subs don't have to be in the corners closer to midwall or 1/4th in is better anyway

But if you can't I understand

It's just any speaker will be impacted where they are at now

Your right to want big badass towers thunderous sound with low distortion and not having to crank the volume is the way to go bro!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh yeah and for sure put that center channel up on top of that entertainment center you'll notice an improvement for movies I'll bet you

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My couch is actually 3 feet away from that back wall. Now, that back wall is a bedroom. I have considered taking it down and make my room 10 feet longer. However I'm not sure if that actually will gain a whole lot. Yest the affects coming from the rear will sneak up on you a bit and sound a little better. But then I might be too far away from the tv. And the room across will remain at 12'. And if I took that wall down I now have a 1700 squ ft 1 bedroom 2 bath home. When I sell, and that will be sooner than later, I hate paying these crooks in Illinois, I will have to put the wall back up. Not a huge deal, but something I have to seriously think about.
Yeah if your going to sell don't change anything not worth the hassle and affect on your property value with some tweaking it should sound great the way it is

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
Oh yeah and for sure put that center channel up on top of that entertainment center you'll notice an improvement for movies I'll bet you
NOT CRANK the volume?. Well, thats where we look to be different. I like it LOUD. Like I mentioned earlier. The neighbor and I have an understanding. I listen loud, but for short periods of time, and she is very aware of my schedule. When I had just the one sub the 8000's were on the inside. And to be honest I think they sound better this way. They probably would benefit from a little breathing room. I'll pull them out a bit. And yeah, I think I'll move that center on top. I frequently have issues with dialogue. maybe this will help with that.

If were not going to upgrade this set up. lets do the upstairs. I'll take some pics. I have that pair of Klipsch RFii's. Not what your thinkin of tho, these are 2 6" woofers. Those are up front. On the rear I have some 20 year old broken down Mission 775's. Klipsch R-52C And 2 Klipsch 140SA for front height, sub is a Klipsch R112sw. I originally had all this downstairs and as I upgraded moved it upstairs. And for power denon X1500. I'm gonna upgrade this room. make it more for music. This room has tall cathedral ceilings, much more airy. Not nearly as enclosed as the downstairs. But, about the same size.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Can anyone offer me any feed back on the Martin Logan 60XT? I'm looking to upgrade from my Klipsch RP8000F. These Klipsch sound muddled and a bit flat to me. They offer plenty of low end. But I don't need low end, I have dual SVS PB3000. I listen to music and watch a ton of movies. Will the Martin Logan pair well with the rest of my klipsch. Is it worth the upgrade? My system:
65"LG OledC8. beautiful picture
Marantz SR7012
Crown xl1002. I added this to push the 8000F the marantz didn't have enough
2 Klipsch Rp8000F
Klipsch RP504C
4 Klipsch RP502S
4 Klipsch RP500SA
2 SVS PB3000

Thanks for any feedback
I agree with post #2.

"Muddled, flat" sounding? Typically Klipsch are on the bright side. I will echo the suggestions of pulling them out from the corners and away from the TV wall as much as you can.

If you want a do over with more neutral speakers, I can get on board with that.

ML 60...Ryano likes them more than I did. Unless the room is really large, I actually preferred the ML40 w/ sub(s) over the 60. But I like the Monitor Audio Silver 500...imo is a step up over the ML60.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
ML 60...Ryano likes them more than I did. Unless the room is really large, I actually preferred the ML40 w/ sub(s) over the 60. But I like the Monitor Audio Silver 500...imo is a step up over the ML60.
Agree. I just think for the cost now, discounted ML Motion 60XTs became a reasonable option. At full retail price, not so much.
But the caveat is that OP has not actually heard many speakers and is living on YouTube reviews, it seems.

Watching Youthman can only take you so far, I'm afraid.

2channel lover

Wall...If you're really mechanically skilled in that area, and can handle that as a DIY project? From my experience remodeling my basement, getting a pro to do a small job like that is far more expensive than it should me. I would probably leave the 2nd bedroom alone.

2channel lover

Agree. I just think for the cost now, discounted ML Motion 60XTs became a reasonable option. At full retail price, not so much.
But the caveat is that OP has not actually heard many speakers and is living on YouTube reviews, it seems.

Watching Youthman can only take you so far, I'm afraid.
Oh...okay.

Even though I'm not the biggest Klipsch fan today (I still love the Klipschorns as a hard hitting rock-n-roll speaker) I would try to work with the room 1st. Move the speakers out of the corners as much as possible as you and others have touched on.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
I agree with post #2.

"Muddled, flat" sounding? Typically Klipsch are on the bright side. I will echo the suggestions of pulling them out from the corners and away from the TV wall as much as you can.

If you want a do over with more neutral speakers, I can get on board with that.

I've gotten a lot of feed back. And I agree with all of you. I do have limitations in that room, but I will move the center speaker and the 8000's. I made quite a few improvements last night changing the crossovers. And yes, I am looking for a different sound, the Klipsch have a sound of there own like most speakers. So, I think what I have decided, I'm gonna make a second theater room. This one will be upstairs and a 5.1. With that said, I'll post some pics of this room and request some new feedback on what to do in this space. It's about the same size, but more open and airy with tall cathedral ceilings. This is an addictive hobby. And a lot of fun. It seems I'm shopping every other month for a new upgrade. So this second room will take a few months. One piece at a time.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
Wall...If you're really mechanically skilled in that area, and can handle that as a DIY project? From my experience remodeling my basement, getting a pro to do a small job like that is far more expensive than it should me. I would probably leave the 2nd bedroom alone.
Yes i can remodel myself. When I say crooks in Illinois, I'm referring to the corrupt government. I pay an absorbent amount of money in taxes. Illinois residents carry the heaviest tax burden in the country. It's insane here. They just added 20 new taxes as of january one. We now pay sales tax when we buy a car, always has been, but we also pay sales tax on the car we trade it. So, if and when I buy a car, I pay for the new one and the old one. This is just one of 20 new ridiculous ways they have found to steal more.

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Can anyone offer me any feed back on the Martin Logan 60XT? I'm looking to upgrade from my Klipsch RP8000F. These Klipsch sound muddled and a bit flat to me. They offer plenty of low end. But I don't need low end, I have dual SVS PB3000. I listen to music and watch a ton of movies. Will the Martin Logan pair well with the rest of my klipsch. Is it worth the upgrade? My system:
65"LG OledC8. beautiful picture
Marantz SR7012
Crown xl1002. I added this to push the 8000F the marantz didn't have enough
2 Klipsch Rp8000F
Klipsch RP504C
4 Klipsch RP502S
4 Klipsch RP500SA
2 SVS PB3000

Thanks for any feedback
Yes, I've captured my impressions on ML60XT in this thread..

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
Did you see Youthman's review of the Martin Logans 60XTi's? They look like very nice speakers.
I'm blaming this whole conversation on youthman. It's because of his review of the 60XTI's I even considered upgrading. So after a ton of feedback I have decided to just work with what I got downstairs and start a new project. Something more geared toward music. 5.1 or 7.1 since I sorta prepaired this new room for sound. I ran speaker wire under the floor before I laid it down. :cool:

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
It's decided, I'm starting a NEW project. I am, not in a hurry and I am a bargain shopper. So if I find what I want I wait for the deal. Who's in with me? I'll post pics of the room. It's 14'x14' 10-20 foot cathedral ceilings., I'm only wired for 7.1 and the heights have to be front heights.

Attachments

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
5.1 or 7.1 since I sorta prepaired this new room for sound.
If you are thinking of doing a Music only system, why not just focus on killing a true 2.1 rig. No need for surrounds really, unless you are chasing 5.1 recordings.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
If you are thinking of doing a Music only system, why not just focus on killing a true 2.1 rig. No need for surrounds really, unless you are chasing 5.1 recordings.
Mostly because my intentions are to move the 65" oled upstairs. That 65" will be replaced with a 77" oled as soon as I see $3200. However you do make a valid point. I thought I can do both. A receiver with 2 channel playback. Right now I have a Denon X1500 upstairs.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
It was briefly mentioned and might have flown under the radar for the downstairs. Get a nice area rug.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
It was briefly mentioned and might have flown under the radar for the downstairs. Get a nice area rug.
I'm not very good at shopping for stuff like that. I have looked at well over 1000 rugs for my foyer. I still don't have one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis