I think Wmax (Chris) may have ripped me off.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
He lives with his parents? How old is he?

Remind him that if he doesn't intend to make good on the purchase and will keep the money, it constitutes fraud and when it's across state lines, the FBI gets involved if you want to pursue it. This would be considered 'wire fraud', but it's similar to someone writing a check they know is bad and taking the goods over the state line.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Postini is a spam filter service (we use it at work). Odd that your message would get blocked this time, unless he just started using Postini or he added your address (or domain) to its list.
Yea, interesting. Never happened before. In the past, he just wouln't respond for awhile. I actually was replying to his message which adds to the oddness.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
the coal bowl.......

WVU just won a killer game against marshall, Lets go mountaineers.

Oh by the way the new receiver is hooked up and sounding really good.:cool: The neighbors really love the new base(well not really sure about that but)anyway got some RHD on the wires just thought i would check in anyway.

Yeah I thought I was posting this in the boring thread. LOL

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
WVU just won a killer game against marshall, Lets go mountaineers.

Oh by the way the new receiver is hooked up and sounding really good.:cool: The neighbors really love the new base(well not really sure about that but)anyway got some RHD on the wires just thought i would check in anyway.

Yeah I thought I was posting this in the boring thread. LOL
I don't get it.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
An update-chris has "fixed" his email, but I can't say that anything has been resolved.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Since phone calls are pretty cheap, if they cost anything, I'd begin by contacting the local police department to see if you can speak to someone where you can recount your story. Rather than assuming there's nothing they can do because of this reason or that one, get some information. A similar situation happened to me, actually my son, Randy, where someone had borrowed stuff he owned and had not returned it after many excuses. The police did an investigation if you will and paid a visit to the person. The item was returned later that day. Judging by some of the posts that Chris has made in the past about the 'pain' he experiences and the various remedies he's taken to dealing with it, he may not relish having the local authorities call upon him.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Since phone calls are pretty cheap, if they cost anything, I'd begin by contacting the local police department to see if you can speak to someone where you can recount your story. Rather than assuming there's nothing they can do because of this reason or that one, get some information. A similar situation happened to me, actually my son, Randy, where someone had borrowed stuff he owned and had not returned it after many excuses. The police did an investigation if you will and paid a visit to the person. The item was returned later that day. Judging by some of the posts that Chris has made in the past about the 'pain' he experiences and the various remedies he's taken to dealing with it, he may not relish having the local authorities call upon him.
That's great information. I encountered a similar situation about 3 years ago. I bought a receiver from someone who lived about 120 miles away from me. I sent him the PayPal money, but never received the receiver. After endless e-mails to the seller, I finally got a bogus response. He tried to make it look like it was from his brother and that the guy I bought the item from had been in a serious accident. He asked that I give he and his family some relief from my barrage of e-mails. I knew it was a total lie. I contacted the police department in his city/town and was connected with one of their detectives. The detective was great to work with. He had to pay the guy a couple of visits until he reached him at home. Apparently, the seller (I mean thief) was caught off guard by the officer knocking on his door. I had my money via a certified bank check within one week of the officer's visit - as well as an e-mail of apology.

Also, since it was a 'Net crime, I filled out an on-line report with the local FBI field office that works with such crimes. By the time the FBI responded to me, I had already received my check, so I canceled the inquiry that I submitted through them.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Good advice. I just told him to send back the amp and send me the tracking number. If I don't get a tracking number, the police contact advice sounds like a good next step.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Good advice. I just told him to send back the amp and send me the tracking number. If I don't get a tracking number, the police contact advice sounds like a good next step.
Carnak the Magnificent says be prepared for a bullshit answer.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah your way, way, way, past the point of being patient and reasonable. What makes you think he would even consider taking any action to get you your products at this point? I would file a police report, the least that will happen is that he will get an officer knocking on his door likely the same day to get his side of the story. This will show that you mean business and are sick and tired of his BS. Hopefully that will jar him out of the prepubescent world in which he lives.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Take him on Judge Judy and let her give him a piece of her mind. :D Seriously though I'd go to small claims court and get what I can out of this, but I'm sure if he ever finishes the speakers they'd be amazing. So perhaps that's you're reasoning. If a person were working full-time on your speakers it would probably take a week of effort to build them. If they are learning new techniques then maybe a few weeks, but he has a table saw that is supposed to be accurate. It took me a few days to get the interior of a similar speaker type done with a circular saw and a straight edges.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Take him on Judge Judy and let her give him a piece of her mind. :D Seriously though I'd go to small claims court and get what I can out of this, but I'm sure if he ever finishes the speakers they'd be amazing. So perhaps that's you're reasoning. If a person were working full-time on your speakers it would probably take a week of effort to build them. If they are learning new techniques then maybe a few weeks, but he has a table saw that is supposed to be accurate. It took me a few days to get the interior of a similar speaker type done with a circular saw and a straight edges.
I'd personally look into seeing if Detectives, law enforcement, and prosecutors are able to get involved. The amounts of money that Randy is talking about easily rise to felony charges. He'd still get his money (restitution) and Chris would face as an incentive not being a convicted felon or having to undergo periodic drug screenings and submitting DNA. If they say they can't do anything, then I'd opt for either a civil suit or Small Claims. Chris has elevated this and I'm all for playing hardball. He can take his excuses and shove them up his ***.

As to his speakers sounding amazing that's pure conjecture. There's no body of existing work out there that supports his ability to make speakers that sound better than comparably priced ones.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis