I need help to make speakers bright.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Also, as suggested, check the back of that speaker for that jumper between the pairs. Perhaps it is missing and no upper band?
And, if that is the case, you better dial back those boosts to the upper bands before connecting the two pair of terminals or you really will blow or could, the tweeters.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Also, as suggested, check the back of that speaker for that jumper between the pairs. Perhaps it is missing and no upper band?
And, if that is the case, you better dial back those boosts to the upper bands before connecting the two pair of terminals or you really will blow or could, the tweeters.
even if the jumpers are in place make sure they are snug !

N

Nana A.

Junior Audioholic
Find out what speakers they have. The rest is not that important.
It is long odds that you receiver could be the problem, but it is a possibility and the fact that your neighbor's system sounds fine to you suggests it may be a possibility.
First check on something that was mentioned earlier.
Play your speakers at a moderate level, remove teh grills and put your ear at the tweeter to see if you hear anything coming from them. By your description of not getting enough treble no matter what, the tweeter may not be working.
If the tweeter makes little or no sound, look at where the speaker wires are connected. Do you see the metal pieces going from the lower to the upper terminals as shown in this image? If not, that is your problem.
If they are there, your speakers are likely damaged or defective in some way (it is strange for both to be)!

N

Nana A.

Junior Audioholic
I have checked the back of the speakers and everything seem fine and the sound from tweeter is ok too.I guess dont know what is good sound.I am just beginner when it comes to the audio world.I am just a fan of bright speakers and i think horn tweeter will fit my taste.Thanks again guys.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have checked the back of the speakers and everything seem fine and the sound from tweeter is ok too.I guess dont know what is good sound.I am just beginner when it comes to the audio world.I am just a fan of bright speakers and i think horn tweeter will fit my taste.Thanks again guys.
It could still be room acoustics somewhat, or even your placement of speakers. Pics would help. Older Klipsch bookshelf speakers might be an idea, too (like RF series). I don't think the suggested JBL 530 speakers would do it (I own them).

Last edited:
A

AlphaS3v3n

Audiophyte
I have the same issue with my Onkyo tx-nr777. I have

2x Klipsch Rp-280FA front LR
1x Klipsch Rp-450c center
2x Klipsch R-82 rear LR
1x HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub

I have noticed that if I change the Movie to a different 5.1 language they come alive but on regular English 5.1 they are very warm.

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Try the wire in just the top, no jumper, try bottom, make sure red to red, black to black. Add a standalone equalizer. They make a huge difference. Factory reset your receiver and adjust again. Add each piece step by step slowly. Make sure your connections are well shielded. Always turn off gear before wiring change. Always reboot after registry changes to take effect.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have the same issue with my Onkyo tx-nr777. I have

2x Klipsch Rp-280FA front LR
1x Klipsch Rp-450c center
2x Klipsch R-82 rear LR
1x HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub

I have noticed that if I change the Movie to a different 5.1 language they come alive but on regular English 5.1 they are very warm.
Just more likely different mixes.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, don't worry about "knowing good sound" and just find a speaker you like to listen to. If you're happy, then the rest doesn't matter.

Did you ever find out what your neighbor/friend has?

N

Nana A.

Junior Audioholic
I just got a good deal on Svs sb 3000.As i said in the earlier thread i do not like the sound of my Martin Logan 40 speakers.It is too warm.I like my speakers little bright.Is it advisable to add the sub anyway?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just got a good deal on Svs sb 3000.As i said in the earlier thread i do not like the sound of my Martin Logan 40 speakers.It is too warm.I like my speakers little bright.Is it advisable to add the sub anyway?
Cancel the last thread you posted. Do not double post. Adding a sub will not make your speakers bright.

I don't know what your problem is, but either you have a very warped sense of what good reproduced sound should be, or you have a significant high frequency hearing deficit. I would get an audiogram done and see what it looks like. The clinician in me would love to get a look at your audiogram before answering further.

N

Nana A.

Junior Audioholic
Cancel the last thread you posted. Do not double post. Adding a sub will not make your speakers bright.

I don't know what your problem is, but either you have a very warped sense of what good reproduced sound should be, or you have a significant high frequency hearing deficit. I would get an audiogram done and see what it looks like. The clinician in me would love to get a look at your audiogram before answering further.

Sorry i guess you didn't understand my question.I know the sub wont make my speaker bright.I just wanted to know is a good idea to add sub for home theater or for music sake?

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
When I was auditioning the Martin Logan speakers the one thing I noticed was they sounded great as long as you were directly in front of them and in the main listening path. Once outside of that the treble fell off sharply and the speakers did not have a good off access response. As long as I was in the sweet spot they were magnificent. Outside of that just meh....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
When I was auditioning the Martin Logan speakers the one thing I noticed was they sounded great as long as you were directly in front of them and in the main listening path. Once outside of that the treble fell off sharply and the speakers did not have a good off access response. As long as I was in the sweet spot they were magnificent. Outside of that just meh....
Not trying to pick on you but what Logans are you talking about ? Granted the hybrid / stats have a very defined sweet spot but ones here in the Op's discussion do not

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
As a follow up I did audition the Klipsch RP-8000 and eventually landed with the SVS Prime Pinnacles. I find the Klipsch to be much brighter and are actually too bright for my room and found in my room that the Pinnacles were just better overall listening speakers than the Klipsch or Martin Logans. I think the Klipsch would be better for listening to Rock or Heavy Metal and not so much for things like a Smokey piano bar jazz listening session. My overall experience with them was that the Pinnacle's sound quality for my eclectic selection just worked well with everything I threw at them. Oh and I was auditioning the ML 60xt's.

N

Nana A.

Junior Audioholic
Not trying to pick on you but what Logans are you talking about ? Granted the hybrid / stats have a very defined sweet spot but ones here in the Op's discussion do not
[/QUOT
As a follow up I did audition the Klipsch RP-8000 and eventually landed with the SVS Prime Pinnacles. I find the Klipsch to be much brighter and are actually too bright for my room and found in my room that the Pinnacles were just better overall listening speakers than the Klipsch or Martin Logans. I think the Klipsch would be better for listening to Rock or Heavy Metal and not so much for things like a Smokey piano bar jazz listening session. My overall experience with them was that the Pinnacle's sound quality for my eclectic selection just worked well with everything I threw at them. Oh and I was auditioning the ML 60xt's.
Thanks

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That’s why I asked for pics to see how he has his speakers setup. Is it ever gonna happen? Guess not.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That’s why I asked for pics to see how he has his speakers setup. Is it ever gonna happen? Guess not.
Maybe they just don't know how to download files a new member that's possible I had to learn to downsample my pictures because if taken at a certain resolution the files are too large

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis