I need help to make speakers bright.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Audioholic Slumlord
Also, as suggested, check the back of that speaker for that jumper between the pairs. Perhaps it is missing and no upper band?
And, if that is the case, you better dial back those boosts to the upper bands before connecting the two pair of terminals or you really will blow or could, the tweeters.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Field Marshall
Also, as suggested, check the back of that speaker for that jumper between the pairs. Perhaps it is missing and no upper band?
And, if that is the case, you better dial back those boosts to the upper bands before connecting the two pair of terminals or you really will blow or could, the tweeters.
even if the jumpers are in place make sure they are snug !

N

Nana A.

Enthusiast
Find out what speakers they have. The rest is not that important.
It is long odds that you receiver could be the problem, but it is a possibility and the fact that your neighbor's system sounds fine to you suggests it may be a possibility.
First check on something that was mentioned earlier.
Play your speakers at a moderate level, remove teh grills and put your ear at the tweeter to see if you hear anything coming from them. By your description of not getting enough treble no matter what, the tweeter may not be working.
If the tweeter makes little or no sound, look at where the speaker wires are connected. Do you see the metal pieces going from the lower to the upper terminals as shown in this image? If not, that is your problem.
If they are there, your speakers are likely damaged or defective in some way (it is strange for both to be)!

N

Nana A.

Enthusiast
I have checked the back of the speakers and everything seem fine and the sound from tweeter is ok too.I guess dont know what is good sound.I am just beginner when it comes to the audio world.I am just a fan of bright speakers and i think horn tweeter will fit my taste.Thanks again guys.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Seriously, I have no life.
I have checked the back of the speakers and everything seem fine and the sound from tweeter is ok too.I guess dont know what is good sound.I am just beginner when it comes to the audio world.I am just a fan of bright speakers and i think horn tweeter will fit my taste.Thanks again guys.
It could still be room acoustics somewhat, or even your placement of speakers. Pics would help. Older Klipsch bookshelf speakers might be an idea, too (like RF series). I don't think the suggested JBL 530 speakers would do it (I own them).

Last edited:
A

AlphaS3v3n

Audiophyte
I have the same issue with my Onkyo tx-nr777. I have

2x Klipsch Rp-280FA front LR
1x Klipsch Rp-450c center
2x Klipsch R-82 rear LR
1x HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub

I have noticed that if I change the Movie to a different 5.1 language they come alive but on regular English 5.1 they are very warm.

M

Merkules2001

Junior Audioholic
Try the wire in just the top, no jumper, try bottom, make sure red to red, black to black. Add a standalone equalizer. They make a huge difference. Factory reset your receiver and adjust again. Add each piece step by step slowly. Make sure your connections are well shielded. Always turn off gear before wiring change. Always reboot after registry changes to take effect.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Seriously, I have no life.
I have the same issue with my Onkyo tx-nr777. I have

2x Klipsch Rp-280FA front LR
1x Klipsch Rp-450c center
2x Klipsch R-82 rear LR
1x HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub

I have noticed that if I change the Movie to a different 5.1 language they come alive but on regular English 5.1 they are very warm.
Just more likely different mixes.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Ninja
Well, don't worry about "knowing good sound" and just find a speaker you like to listen to. If you're happy, then the rest doesn't matter.

Did you ever find out what your neighbor/friend has?

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis