I need help to make speakers bright.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Maybe they just don't know how to download files a new member that's possible I had to learn to downsample my pictures because if taken at a certain resolution the files are too large
Then he should have said that. Most people always say and I will help them. No excuses. :p

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I just read through this thread and saw that measurement. That looks awful. I am not even sure how you could end up with a response like that, except there being really poor integration between the midrange driver and bass drivers. I don't understand it. That must be a seriously bizarre crossover circuit.
Actually, looking at the speakers closer, that problem might be that the sound fields from the drivers do not integrate close enough for the measurement distance of the microphone, which is 2 meters. Those bass drivers are spaced pretty far apart from the midrange. It's still not good design to need such a far-field distance for the sound to integrate, but it might not be as bad as those measurements would seem. It's possible this speaker would have a flatter response measured at a 3-meter distance.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This Thread is one Big Cluster F_ck
I agree, but now I have found data.

This is not all the OP's fault.

The trouble is you do search and find all manner of useless, subjective speaker reviews.

Now I find the NRC measured them. Unfortunately as is often the case, these are just lousy speakers, and I mean lousy speakers.

The respondent who noted a narrow HF listening axis is correct.

There is clearly a very poorly implemented crossover at 500 Hz, with a huge trough in response. The 2.6 KHz clearly also has significant problems.

The big dip probably explains why he wanted to turn the bass up. I would expect that speaker to sound very thin.

Marketing this sort of rubbish is a disgrace. That speaker will never sound any good no matter what you do with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis