I gotta say I'm flattered.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Aren't we just about all? Scoring well within the top 1% was good enough for me, albeit drinking and age have probably eroded my IQ since then. Sadly, IQ hasn't exactly made me rich. For one thing, I get bored and don't like pursuing money for money's sake as a moral principle. I've had so many hobbies (from writing/recording my own album, learning three instruments, night photography, writing true-to-real world pinball simulations of real machines, etc.) but none seem to pan out for making me rich as a side effect so far. :D Sadly, real world neck/shoulder nerve issues also slows me down considerably these days as they can't seem to find the exact cause, although I think I damaged my rib cartilage from a particular nasty cold/bronchitis episode in the past year which is vary annoying as it's still not right.

Last edited:
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I keep thinking I could sell my songs to a publishing house (since I can't seem to market my own album worth a darn) as several songs are quite catchy and at least one would probably be highly desirable to either political party depending on how you interpret the lyrics (I really hate politics and politicians in general as they're almost all scum bags, IMO), but the idea of someone else covering a song I wrote puts me off quite a bit. I suppose a few hundred grand might warm me to the idea, though. :D

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Someone went back to a thread that was closed three years ago simply to mark nineteen posts they obviously disagree with as dumb.

I love living rent free in that loser's head. Get a life.
Out-Of-Phase seems to be doing this to me at the moment, @markw. Not all at once, but to whichever threads of mine he runs across. And certainly not to posts three years back, probably because I've only been here for a month -- which is longer than his attention span.

I's take this as constructive criticism if he commented on what he didn't like. Since his previous critiques have been (ahem) less-than-well-constructed, I suppose sniping from the bushes is all he feels he can do.

As for living rent free in a loser's head, I think I'm being over charged for something of such low value.

Last edited:
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Linear Phase....Out of Phase.... Gee. Could it be the same guy? I guess their bans don't work so well, but then in an era of VPNs, you can't ban anyone forever. Just the same, you should be sure and report it.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Linear Phase....Out of Phase.... Gee. Could it be the same guy? I guess their bans don't work so well, but then in an era of VPNs, you can't ban anyone forever. Just the same, you should be sure and report it.
I'm generally against banning. Shunning is better...

Not going to report it.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I'm generally against banning. Shunning is better...

Not going to report it. Besides, I am proud to be disliked by idiots.
The problem there is he will continue to mark your posts dumb until the end of time.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
The problem there is he will continue to mark your posts dumb until the end of time.
Looking forward to it.

People either accept what I have to say on its own merits or they don't.

Judging a post's value by the social status of a reviewer is like thinking a successful politician is a good human being. The two are unrelated.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Out-Of-Phase seems to be doing this to me at the moment, @markw. Not all at once, but to whichever threads of mine he runs across. And certainly not to posts three years back, probably because I've only been here for a month -- which is longer than his attention span.

I's take this as constructive criticism if he commented on what he didn't like. Since his previous critiques have been (ahem) less-than-well-constructed, I suppose sniping from the bushes is all he feels he can do.

As for living rent free in a loser's head, I think I'm being over charged for something of such low value.
Currently you have 2 posts marked as dumb and 8 as disagree, so I don't think you are quite in the same company as some other posters, yet ;)

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Currently you have 2 posts marked as dumb and 8 as disagree, so I don't think you are quite in the same company as some other posters, yet ;)
Not yet, but it's coming. So watch those numbers climb! :p

Go baby!

BTW, I have no concern about dumb or disagree votes, but a real critique involves more than posting a non-arributable vote (to 3rd parties).

I think a good way to keep this kind of thing in check is to allow all viewers to see members stats. Members who give as much respect as they receive will be viewed accordingly. Those who don't call themselves out.

Last edited:
GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Last edited:
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
He didn't say anything. He just started marking hundreds of posts "dumb" on his first day on the site.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
He didn't say anything. He just started marking hundreds of posts "dumb" on his first day on the site.
And now Out of Phase is doing the same thing, only more slowly.

It's interesting that Out of Phase isn't posting comments any more.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well not really his first day on the forum, andyblackcat, his former ID, had been a member for quite a while...

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I meant under that ID. I assumed he created the new account just to rate everyone he didn't like dumb. Was his old account banned already? Otherwise, I figured it was a trolling account for lack of a better term.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I meant under that ID. I assumed he created the new account just to rate everyone he didn't like dumb. Was his old account banned already? Otherwise, I figured it was a trolling account for lack of a better term.
Not sure if he was trolling or mental illness was strong that week, seriously.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Irv, I respectfully submit that I think you're wrong here. I'm about as anti communist as they come but, to be honest, if it were possible to successfully implement it here on earth, it would be wonderful but, as we all know, that ain't gonna happen. Human greed makes that impossible.
Why would it be wonderful? It removes incentive to do better, although the USSR was pretty successful in forcing people to do well.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Not sure if he was trolling or mental illness was strong that week, seriously.
Probably the latter. People with mental health issues can experience issues when going on/coming off meds. The least little thing can set them off... like differences in opinion, wrong breakfast cereal, full moon, etc.

The socially wackier their behaviour, the more those around them switch off. But this also inhibits their recovery. It's a downward spiral.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis