I gotta say I'm flattered.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Someone went back to a thread that was closed three years ago simply to mark nineteen posts they obviously disagree with as dumb.

I love living rent free in that loser's head. Get a life.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Someone went back to a thread that was closed three years ago simply to mark a bunch of posts they obviously disagree with as dumb.

Welcome back

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Someone went back to a thread that was closed three years ago simply to mark nineteen posts they obviously disagree with as dumb.

What a poor, pitiful loser. Gotta feel sorry for them.
Ryan.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai

Nothing I like better than "I disagree = you're dumb" formula. Most of my dumb marks are those exactly. Close second best is "If you think something I said is dumb, then you're dumb".

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

A new guy showed up last year and started by rating quite a few posts as 'dumb'. Maybe your new 'dumb' ratings are the result of them reflecting on the posts and not being able to let it go.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Welcome back. Your position of Reigning Resident Curmudgeon was waiting for you ;).
To be fair to Mark, and we all enjoy very much of his company, he's not the only curmudgeon around these parts... Interesting enough his name is also Mark :)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Nothing I like better than "I disagree = you're dumb" formula. Most of my dumb marks are those exactly. Close second best is "If you think something I said is dumb, then you're dumb".
First of all, the dumb rating doesn't mean you're dumb, it means you posted something dumb. I rated a total of one of your posts dumb, which I remember, because you argued that anyone successfully repairing a product themselves should be reimbursed by the company that produced the product. That post was, IMO, indeed dumb. You also followed up with subsequent posts stating that you believed in classic communism. I almost rated those posts dumb, because it is incongruent that a communist would have a hobby that certainly wouldn't exist without capitalism and a market economy, and has also posted laments about lack of product choices and high prices. But I refrained.

It interesting that while you moan about dumb ratings, anyone clicking on your ratings can see that you've received five dumb ratings, but given twelve. I've given forty dumb ratings, and scanning them all just now, I don't regret any of them.

It is also interesting to note that MarkW has given twenty-one dumb ratings. And as for who gave MarkW the dumb ratings this thread was about, in case you're wondering, killdozzer, since you've called me out more than once, it wasn't me.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
That's not right. If you disagree with someone, just say "I disagree with that." Look at all my negative ratings from not agreeing with me! Stupidity.
Ryan.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That's not right. If you disagree with someone, just say "I disagree with that." Look at all my negative ratings from not agreeing with me! Stupidity.
Ryan.
Previously you got a red chicklet which depending on the members rank, could wipe out your precieved standing in one shot..

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
First of all, the dumb rating doesn't mean you're dumb, it means you posted something dumb. I rated a total of one of your posts dumb, which I remember, because you argued that anyone successfully repairing a product themselves should be reimbursed by the company that produced the product. That post was, IMO, indeed dumb. You also followed up with subsequent posts stating that you believed in classic communism. I almost rated those posts dumb, because it is incongruent that a communist would have a hobby that certainly wouldn't exist without capitalism and a market economy, and has also posted laments about lack of product choices and high prices. But I refrained.

It interesting that while you moan about dumb ratings, anyone clicking on your ratings can see that you've received five dumb ratings, but given twelve. I've given forty dumb ratings, and scanning them all just now, I don't regret any of them.

It is also interesting to note that MarkW has given twenty-one dumb ratings. And as for who gave MarkW the dumb ratings this thread was about, in case you're wondering, killdozzer, since you've called me out more than once, it wasn't me.
Irv, I respectfully submit that I think you're wrong here. I'm about as anti communist as they come but, to be honest, if it were possible to successfully implement it here on earth, it would be wonderful but, as we all know, that ain't gonna happen. Human greed makes that impossible.

And, I really doubt I ever said one should be reimbursed if they repaired it themselves. That would truly be dumb.

But, if what you say is true, I'd rally like to know in what context they were made.

But, as to what precipitated this post, well, I decidedto revisit this place after thjust about three years. The first thing I see is that in late January this year, someone went into a post that was closed by a mod almost three years ago and simply had a ball banging out nineteen hits. Somebody really needs a life.

And, since you've taken the time to perform analytics on my posting history, you might need a life, too.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Irv, I respectfully submit that I think you're wrong here. I'm about as anti communist as they come but, to be honest, if it were possible to successfully implement it here on earth, it would be wonderful but, as we all know, that ain't gonna happen. Human greed makes that impossible.

And, I really doubt I ever said one should be reimbursed if they repaired it themselves. That would truly be dumb.

But, if what you say is true, I'd rally like to know in what context they were made.

But, as to what precipitated this post, well, I decidedto revisit this place after thjust about three years. The first thing I see is that in late January this year, someone went into a post that was closed by a mod almost three years ago and simply had a ball banging out nineteen hits. Somebody really needs a life.

And, since you've taken the time to perform analytics on my posting history, you might need a life, too.
Mark, regarding the post about self-repair reimbursements, I was responding to killdozzer, not you.

As for needing a life, I do, but the analytics on your posting history was one click.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

The clue might have been he quoted Killdozzer instead of you? Quite curmudgeonly, tho.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Ashame I cant see what he said ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis