I am addicted to Symphonic Metal

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I know I am grave digging, but a recent ABBA thread reminded me that Metalheads are still among (@Pogre) us and some may take a liking to melodic metal bands mentioned here.

p.s: Has it been 10 years since I posted in this thread last time. Damn, time flies.
I do like melodic metal bands very much. I think everyone here knows my love of Tool and other prog metal bands. Every once in a while I listen to some Apocalyptica or Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I've often wondered if Beethoven would have been a metalhead or what he would have thought of some of the more talented prog metal bands today.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
There was a time (and to TBH still holds a warm place in my heart) that I absolutely loved Northern European/Viking Metal bands - Amon Amarth, Bathory, Tyr, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, Wintersun, Korpiklaani ...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There was a time (and to TBH still holds a warm place in my heart) that I absolutely loved Northern European/Viking Metal bands - Amon Amarth, Bathory, Tyr, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, Wintersun, Korpiklaani ...
I've listened to Bathory and heard of Amon Amarth. I'll have to check out the others. So far I've queued up 4 songs from links in the first page of this thread.

Falstaff

Falstaff

Audioholic Intern
I just turned 50 and find myself listening to heavier music than when I was in my 20’s. Some of my favourite symphonic metal bands that haven’t been mentioned here are Ad Infinitum, Temperance, Amaranthe, and Beyond the Black.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man this has been a great thread I've just been listening I love symphonic metal and Nightwish is my favorite Floor Jansen there most recent lead singer is amazing!!!!

But I've been given a lot of new bands I haven't heard yet thanks to your input everyone

Thank you guys!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think it's hilarious that so many of us are metal heads.

I also think we all get angry when we put our beloved metal albums on speakers that are "too revealing" for them to sound good. So many good metal albums just sound terrible.

That just me? :)

Anyway, I think beethoven would have been a bit like us. Good music is good. BUT, metal AND orchestral music together? Yes please.

Not something I listen to all the time, but Apocalyptica has some great stuff. 2Cellos do some neat things too.

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
A couple of Devin Townsend (from SYL) albums may very much fall in the symphonic metal category perhaps. You could try his album "empath"....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis