I am addicted to Symphonic Metal

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I have recently had some sort of music epiphany or midlife crisis I don't know which. I have been listening to a lot of symphonic metal and I love it. Really love the melodic operatic stuff. I think I have officially drove my Wife nuts although she does like some of it because I have found it on her ipod.:)

Some of my favorites thus far are,

Within Temptation ( their new CD " The Unforgiving " is kick a$$ as is the Black symphony concert )

Sirenia

Nightwish

Lacuna Coil

Epica

If you know of others I should check out please inform me:D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, jeff welcome to the dark side. I'm a Huge fan of symphonic metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Wow, jeff welcome to the dark side. I'm a Huge fan of symphonic metal.

Thanks, I have that and a LOT of Nightwish on my mac and blackberry:) oh and putting it on linux box too. Banshee so far I like the best and it plays Apple Lossless;)

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
If that's a mid life crisis then I'm having one too. ;)

http://youtu.be/yCxb8FwhzK8
I have that entire concert on a PAL DVD that only my Denon DVD 2200 can play. You have to come up and watch it. We will have a cookout and watch some other stuff too. The women can go shopping or something, who cares.

It has a DTS 96/24 track too.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have that entire concert on a PAL DVD that only my Denon DVD 2200 can play. You have to come up and watch it. We will have a cookout and watch some other stuff too. The women can go shopping or something, who cares.

It has a DTS 96/24 track too.
That would probably have to be during the week on account of your work schedule. My girl only gets Sat. off. She's not going anywhere M-F. I need to find a way to make giving you $325 not be an irresponsible act. Then I'll be right up. Hopefully something gives before this place turns to Biafra as TLS predicts.

Did you do something special to your 2200 or is it stock like mine? I haven't really read my manual. Your 1920 won't play that but your 2200 will? I think it's odd that we both own those two players ... really odd. :eek: :D

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
You've hit the main ones. Also check out Leaves Eyes, that's a great band.

I just recently got a Delain album and really liked it as well.

I have a Krypteria cd, Bloodangel's Cry, that is pretty damn cool, their stuff has been hard to find though.

Revamp just released an album, their first, and that's not too bad.
The singer is from the band After Forever, no longer together, but they had some good music that's worth checking out as well.

One of my favorite bands that's no longer around but had some great albums is Beseech, I highly recommend giving them a listen.

If you like 'original' Nightwish of course check solo albums by Tarja. I liked the first the best, YMMV.

That's probably enough for now, don't want to push my whole collection on you at once, but if you like some of these let me know and I can make other recommendations as well.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Did you do something special to your 2200 or is it stock like mine? I haven't really read my manual. Your 1920 won't play that but your 2200 will? I think it's odd that we both own those two players ... really odd. :eek: :D
No it is stock. Yours will play pal too then. I did not know you had one so yeah that is weird.:confused:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No it is stock. Yours will play pal too then. I did not know you had one so yeah that is weird.:confused:
I might have forgot to mention it when you said that you paid $600 for yours but I got mine from a member here 'Gov' for 50 bucks. He stuck me with the paypal fees though. :rolleyes: :D He and Seth were both selling 2200's and it turned into a price war. Mine froze up on me once but that was remedied by either unplugging it or doing a factory reset as described in the manual. I love it as a single disc player used in the same system with your Sony 300 CD changer.

Hey, do you pronounce Denon as De-none or De -non (like non sequitur)?

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I might have forgot to mention it when you said that you paid $600 for yours but I got mine from a member here 'Gov' for 50 bucks. He stuck me with the paypal fees though. :rolleyes: :D He and Seth were both selling 2200's and it turned into a price war. Mine froze up on me once but that was remedied by either unplugging it or doing a factory reset as described in the manual. I love it as a single disc player used in the same system with your Sony 300 CD changer.

Hey, do you pronounce Denon as De-none or De -non (like non sequitur)?
I pronounce it din-un:D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Not Metal but Christian rock, however I really like this group too. Lot of the Christian rock/metal groups are really very good. I do hate music videos though.

Anyone noticing the trend here? ;)

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
What's complicated exactly? Does this qualify?
Not sure either what he meant exactly by complicated, but that is good stuff too.

Complicated like Fusion or Jazz or more classical involved?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I like eluveitie but I wouldn't say most of their songs are like that :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis