I’m in the hospital

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I’m tired after my 1st day of PT, but I do have more to say. Here’s an outline of my topics:

• Super Catnip and its target a specific mutation of tumor cell’s epidermal growth factor receptor, called the RET fusion oncogene. All this is the product of 40 years of research. (Enormous luck)

• My rheumatologist who ordered me to hospital, saving my life. (More luck) In my view she is a rock star MD.

• Which hospital I went to was part of this good luck.

• My new oncologist who was an oncology fellow at the same NCI group where I worked for the last 20 years of my career. He was there 3 years after I retired, but we knew many people in common. (Even more luck)

• Probably more, but I’m tired and can’t think of them now.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The husband of a friend of ours had stage 4 spinal cancer as well as various other locations. They used some new drug with him as well and he is currently in full remission with no reoccurrence since before Covid. When they said stage 4, I was shocked that he not only was doing OK, but actually has no signs of it now. So I all I am saying is, like you said, it isn't a death sentence anymore. Take care and good luck man.
So I have learned. I am basically overjoyed and ecstatic about this.

My oncologist told me of one patient they have who has been taking Super Catnip for 7 years. That goes back to clinical trials before this drugs approval.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
WRT "I feel great without any wires, cables or tubes!!"- how can you say that on an AV forum??????????????????
The wires & cables were for frequent monitoring of blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and EKG. I missed a golden opportunity to ask if Teflon insulated silver wires could help?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The wires & cables were for frequent monitoring of blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and EKG. I missed a golden opportunity to ask if Teflon insulated silver wires could help?
I got to ( well didn't have a choice, wife signed me up after I just could not get off the radiation platform after my 3rd week) to use the oncologist wireless device used for remote monitoring while I was receiving radiation for home monitoring. ( Blood pressure, weight, blood oxygen levels, blood glucose levels, and of course temp and for my heart monitoring a Kardieamobile Premium which stores your EKG measurements in the cloud so the doctor can access them).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Or batteries, like AQ....Lots of batteries.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
@Swerd not to pry, but are you able to give an update on your situation?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Didn't see this post since I rarely venture to this section, but here's to wishing you get well soon.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Swerd not to pry, but are you able to give an update on your situation?
I finally went home on Dec. 11, some 2½ weeks ago. I've been tired as I adjusted to being home. I was in a hospital for 25 days, followed by a rehab hospital for another 2 weeks. So, I've been kind of quiet. I haven't looked at AH in weeks.

Nothing is new about my medical condition. I continue to take Super Catnip, my chemotherapy, every day. At the end of January, I'll be scanned again by CT and MRI, for a full evaluation.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
@Swerd It must be a relief to be home after such a tough stretch in Hospital. I hope you get stronger as time moves along and the results in January will be uplifting.

In the meantime, try to enjoy some tunes from time to time. ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I finally went home on Dec. 11, some 2½ weeks ago. I've been tired as I adjusted to being home. I was in a hospital for 25 days, followed by a rehab hospital for another 2 weeks. So, I've been kind of quiet. I haven't looked at AH in weeks.

Nothing is new about my medical condition. I continue to take Super Catnip, my chemotherapy, every day. At the end of January, I'll be scanned again by CT and MRI, for a full evaluation.
Thanks for the update. We were getting worried about you.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The update is appreciated. Hope you're well enough to enjoy your favorite chair and relax with some tunes.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Recovery is a full time job. You can get back to chatting with babes on-line later.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Oh man, I'm sorry to read this Swerd. I hope the super catnip does it's job well.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Thanks for the update. The radio silence had me concerned, but I'm sure you have more important things to deal with than keeping us up to date.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, like the others, I was getting concerned about the radio silence. Glad to see you're home and on the road to recovery.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis