I’m in the hospital

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well, she wasn't able to start her 2nd round of chemo, they went very aggressive on her first round and it looks like it was too much. She hasn't been able to really eat or drink anything so her labs were terrible, they sent her to the ER for acute kidney injury from being severely dehydrated. This is her 2nd night, bunch of fluids but her BP and other other numbers I don't exactly understand aren't responding as they should.
I’m sorry to hear that. The older types of chemotherapy are able to knock back cancer growth, but that also comes with a severe cost to the patient. Most oncologists are pretty good at fine tuning the doses & timing when things don’t go as planned.

I hope she responds soon.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Last November, I spent 3.5 weeks in the hospital. Mainly flat on my back. I started my chemotherapy asap & started to respond to it quickly.

But most of my time there was spent getting treated for and recovering from all the difficult downstream things that come with advanced cancer. It took much longer than I ever expected just to get stable again. After that hospital stay, I spent 2 more weeks in a rehab center learning to get out of bed, dress myself, walk, and climb stairs again.

So don’t worry too much that your MIL is slow to come around. Help her keep the faith that she will get there.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Yesterday, I saw my oncologist at Georgetown for my third evaluation since my diagnosis with advanced metastatic lung cancer last November. That’s when I first started taking a new drug I call Super Catnip (aka Selpercatinib or Retevmo). I had previously been scanned & evaluated in February, April, and now in July. He said my CT scans had nothing but good news. He had seen my brain scan MRI images, but not a signed report yet that would make it official. He thought the MRI images looked really good to him, with no evidence of any spots in my brain, same as it was last February. Later yesterday evening, I finally saw the signed report from Neuro Radiology. It agreed.

Both CT & MRI images show nothing new is growing in my brain or anywhere else, and the existing tumors in my lung, liver and lymph nodes are steadily shrinking. The spots in my brain seen last November, have vanished.

All very good news. Super Catnip continues to work very well.

Interestingly, I also learned that my oncologist’s group recently started treating a patient with colon cancer with this same drug. It apparently works as well in that disease too. Originally, Super Catnip had been approved by the FDA only in patients with thyroid or lung cancer, and only if their tumors had the mutated form of the epidermal growth factor receptor (called the RET-fusion oncogene). Now it can be used with tumors anywhere as long as the patient’s blood is positive for that mutation. For the very conservative FDA, that is quite a bold move. From my highly opinionated viewpoint, Super Catnip qualifies as a miracle drug.
Awesome! Keep up the good work!!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis