Hunting for speakers part 37

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
So I’ve been trying to decide what speakers I will get for a little while. Revel F228be’s with F428be just came up locally for the set, $5k. Messaged him and said I’d take them with cashiers check Monday if they’re still available. I’ll report back and let everyone know how it turns out but I’m pretty sure that deal can’t be beat.

T

TankTop5

Just talked to the guy, I think they’re mine. Won’t get too excited until they are are in my living room and paid for

T

TankTop5

Nice score~ I am sure you will be really happy with them.
Probably overkill for my current space but they will definitely be comfortable when I move into a larger spot. Definitely as close to an endgame speaker that’s within my price range. I was considering the ascend ELX’s but saving over $3k on this front end is a crazy good deal. I heard these on a 9.4.6 system and they were crazy good.

BTW these are being sold by a former employee of a forum member so I’m feeling good about the purchase.

T

TankTop5

Just met with the seller, great guy! Put a deposit on them and I’ll be getting the speakers tomorrow. Really had no expectation of getting speakers this amazing or for the price. Absolutely ecstatic

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Just met with the seller, great guy! Put a deposit on them and I’ll be getting the speakers tomorrow. Really had no expectation of getting speakers this amazing or for the price. Absolutely ecstatic
Looking forward to seeing the pictures once you get them home. Nice score.

T

TankTop5

Holy center channel batman. You are going to have to do some jiggering to get that to fit. The pup does not seem impressed.
Having a TV stand custom built. It’ll lower the TV about 8” and have a shelf below for the center.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats 'Tank', Revel is good stuff ! Is it my eyes or is the left speaker closer to the wall than the right ? Granted you have some serious toe-in but first point of reflection should be equalized, room looks highly reflective, any treatments planned ?

Good luck, keep us posted !

T

TankTop5

Congrats 'Tank', Revel is good stuff ! Is it my eyes or is the left speaker closer to the wall than the right ? Granted you have some serious toe-in but first point of reflection should be equalized, room looks highly reflective, any treatments planned ?

Good luck, keep us posted !
The guy that sold them to me is pretty amazing. He delivered them and took one look at my room and told me he was gonna give me some absorption panels. I’m also gonna order some foam traps off of Amazon and then go to the fabric store and get some stretch fabric and cover them.

Still playing with posing, mostly moving myself back-and-forth on the couch to figure out exactly where the toe in should be.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Absolutely gorgeous speakers. Congrats. Looks like a Marantz AVR? I have the Ascend Acoustics towers, and have been enjoying them for years. I've been looking at the F226Be as the end game upgrade speaker for me. Although I've not had a chance to listen to them yet. So you'll have post up sound impressions when you get a chance.

I visited a client last year near Ascend, and took the opportunity to visit the Ascend Acoustics office to listen to the ELX towers. Dave and Dina are wonderful folks. They let me sit in the listening room for over an hour, while I listened to the ELX towers with a variety of music. They are great speakers as well. But you've got an absolutely top shelf front 3 there buddy! A custom stand and lowering the TV will be great as well. Cool looking dog by the way.

T

TankTop5

Absolutely gorgeous speakers. Congrats. Looks like a Marantz AVR? I have the Ascend Acoustics towers, and have been enjoying them for years. I've been looking at the F226Be as the end game upgrade speaker for me. Although I've not had a chance to listen to them yet. So you'll have post up sound impressions when you get a chance.

I visited a client last year near Ascend, and took the opportunity to visit the Ascend Acoustics office to listen to the ELX towers. Dave and Dina are wonderful folks. They let me sit in the listening room for over an hour, while I listened to the ELX towers with a variety of music. They are great speakers as well. But you've got an absolutely top shelf front 3 there buddy! A custom stand and lowering the TV will be great as well. Cool looking dog by the way.
I was about to pull the trigger on the ELX’s but then these came up for sale locally for less than the ELX towers alone. There are a couple minor cosmetic blemishes but you have to look for them.

I need to do a little room treatment as my room is making these sound a little bright, but that’s in the works

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis