Huge Dips in MultEQ app Graph

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
The 2KHz dip is Mid Range Compensation... Courtesy of the BBC. XP (thats the Mr Ick Face!)

Below ~250-280Hz in your graph, @Sachb , is where your room is acting as a resinator.

Which are you talking about?

You can turn MRC off using the Aud App.

You cannot turm off the Schroeder Frequency of your room. That... you have to use guile and Acoustics to make your friend! ;)
Whats Mid Range Compensation?

I use the audy from avr, default is on or off ?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Whats Mid Range Compensation?

I use the audy from avr, default is on or off ?
Look at post 31... see that crater at 2KHz? That's MRC.... roughly a 3dB reduction to make what the BBC considers a harsh frequency right in the middle of the mids a little more palatable. :) That is an over simplistic description. I think Audyssey uses that as a default across the board. If you have the app, you can turn it off.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
How i know whats the right roll of for me ? 1 or 2 , default using avr calibration is 1 ?
You need to play some music or tv shows, prefer music to find out if your highs are artificial or too bright.
If yes, then go for a steeper roll off which is 2.

As you know, Multeq and Multeq XT have too many filters in the treble region, and seems to screw things up in that region.
My $20 was worth when I adjusted them on the multeq app.

Imagine if I had done calibration only through the avr, I would've to live with the overwhelming highs my entire life.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I didn't read the whole thread, but most of the first page is erroneous (other than yes, that's the compensation setting).

First of all, the main thing everyone on here needs to understand about Audyssey is that it DOES NOT VERIFY THE OUTPUT. In other words, the "output" graph is only a PREDICTION. It is not your actual result. You MUST use something like REW and a compatible microphone (not that one for Audyssey either) on a laptop or similar to see what your real world results are.

There is no point in modifying curves without the actual results and that includes whether compensation is helpful with your particular speakers and seating location or not (your ears are a better judge than that prediction graph even....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
You're right but you made it sound like you were the only one who understood..:D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I kinda mentioned that in post #4 also, lol.
And mentioned in other threads as well, multiple times by different posters iirc.. It's good that it was mentioned here as well obviously.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
That's why I pretexted it with I didn't have time to read the whole thread. My actual REW results are a fair bit different than the predicted ones. Some room modes (huge dips) aren't easily corrected, for example (without room treatments and/or multiple subs) but tweaking might get you a bit closer than not. Hell, I got much less "harsh" results by changing my toe-in slightly on the mains and running it again (probably less an issue if you only correct up to the Schroedinger frequency).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's why I pretexted it with I didn't have time to read the whole thread. My actual REW results are a fair bit different than the predicted ones. Some room modes (huge dips) aren't easily corrected, for example (without room treatments and/or multiple subs) but tweaking might get you a bit closer than not. Hell, I got much less "harsh" results by changing my toe-in slightly on the mains and running it again (probably less an issue if you only correct up to the Schroedinger frequency).
Schroeder? :) Got me thinking about cats....

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Apologies if this has been covered as I just discovered this software add-on from the site, but does it seem Denon has straightened out this app? Reviews aren't so good. Just wanted to know before plunking down the $20 for my X3300W...

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Apologies if this has been covered as I just discovered this add on app from the site, but does it seem Denon has straightened out this app? Reviews aren't so good. Just wanted to know before plunking down the $20 for my X3300W...
I had issues with it when it first came out and got my money back. There have been updates since and I purchased it again not long ago. The issues I've had have been resolved so happy there. I haven't taken a day and really dug into it yet to see how well the curve adjustments work but it's on my to do list.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
For me, Turning on the midrange compensation and selecting the high roll off 2 curve made a big difference in sound on my Elac speakers.

It has tamed the highs and the mids have come alive along with some punch to it.

For those having trouble with highs should give it a try.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis