Huge Dips in MultEQ app Graph

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I just used 6 positions. It says to keep at least 20 inches from back wall and 24 inches from your first position. Here is my calibration
B634933B-0893-438D-A3D7-7D3044BBA008.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmm... I'd be tempted to turn things clockwise one turn. Like have the dining area bind the couch? Is that something that would be doable? It does look like it might be a little tight with the door right there.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
This is the only way to let the L and R speaker and sub have plenty of room

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I crawled for an hour trying to find that sweet spot. I am planning on adding a 2nd. I can’t wait to see the measurements then. Even though I’m against a wall good placement is key.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
In the end, we all gotta work with what we got.
I was planning on an 8000'3 greatroom, but ended up in a 2000'3 room instead!
Sounds good, though. :)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's nice to have a good spot for your speakers/sub, but your seat location is also very important....up against a wall is not good.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
because of that opening my right tower has nasty null luckily it’s well below my XO point at 40 hz I think so it doesn’t affect it

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
It's nice to have a good spot for your speakers/sub, but your seat location is also very important....up against a wall is not good.
As Ryan said we work with what we have. Your right against a wall isn’t ideal but as my graph shows I have great bass and I enjoy my sound. If I ever build a house with a dedicated media room I would account for such things. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As Ryan said we work with what we have. Your right against a wall isn’t ideal but as my graph shows I have great bass and I enjoy my sound. If I ever build a house with a dedicated media room I would account for such things. ;)
True enough, altho I always arrange the room around the audio gear's best position :) and my rooms are not dedicated....altho I may turn one of the spare bedrooms into a media room some day....

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
The treble felt little harsh so I changed the target sound options to High frequency roll off 2 in multeq app.

Now it sounds even better.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Reference Equalizer seems odd and has a boost in higher frequencies.

I read somewhere that XT and lower models boosts certain highs which might give you a bad experience.

I was thinking what would XT32 do to my speakers.

I will find the link and post soon if i find it.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The treble felt little harsh so I changed the target sound options to High frequency roll off 2 in multeq app.

I read somewhere that XT and lower models boosts certain highs which might give you a bad experience.

Hey what’s the process to bring up that graphic on screen? We covered it before but I’ll be dipped if I can remember how lol.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
The strange thing is that my old Sony hifi system never needed so much tweaking and sounded right out of the box when my dad bought it first.

But I guess Denon is overall a better equipment.

But the sony had a slight edge in 2 channel music listening.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

I think you remember wrong, flat would boost the highs more as it targets "flat". Reference would target some roll off but may still boost the highs depending on your speakers in room response.

Did you read the Audyssey faq threads? It's a good source of info.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I could hear some artificial treble (sibliance) when high roll of was set to 1, setting it to 2 solved the overwhelming highs.
I also prefer MRC on, as my room is too lively.

Another sample:

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic

How i know whats the right roll of for me ? 1 or 2 , default using avr calibration is 1 ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis