How loud is your vacuum cleaner?

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
One item caught my eye in the link and checked around eBaY.

Pifco Robotic Vacuum Cleaner robo vac Clean + Vacuum floors Rechargeable.
£52.99

That way it can vacuum up fleas while I sleep. :D Well almost 35min max cleaning time.

looks Cool -

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
PAWS just when duck thought it was safe to go back in the water. :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I have to say the robot vacuum cleaner video with important (check points).

Cleaning efficiency with mapping the room the LG seems good.

The noise level on one of the robot cleaners with TrueRTA to see the frequency one of them was really top end loud.

The LG was the quitest one.

The dustbin I like the top loader. One of the others when removing the dust bin put the mess back on the floor. LG, Lifes Good.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
New vacuum on route so should be here today between morning 8am and 3pm afternoon. I can't wait.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Oh, that is much better even thou 85db can be loud on films, the frequency response of the is a bit flatter than the other vacuum cleaner that was a very peaky at 400Hz 109db.

The Hoover, Spritz Cylinder, is easy to pick up as well and seems manageable with the accessories. The suction power was great it was lifting out a heck of amount of dust/hairs and I hope a few fleas that I'm down to within a 10% ratio after lots of previous cleaning and flea foggers and all.

The design look of the Hoover I like it. Not a bad choice for £29.99 reconditioned.

Wow its arrived and I like the box. Small and tiny manageable like I want it. :)

Wow nicely packed with all the accessories.

Accessories telescopic

Accessories telescopic extends out

Filter cylinder

84db at same distance I had the SPL metre from the other vacuum cleaner.

Frequency response is a bit near flatter well I guess I could EQ it later. :D

After cleaning around my home floors bathroom bedroom kitchen, hallway and home THX cinema.

The cleaning of the seats was lifting a lot of dust out.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General

The other noiser vacuum cleaner the ear-buster.

The new Hoover, a lot smoother. Even with the earplugs worn still makes it claimer for 10 mins use in the morning.

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Sooty, gives the Hoover Spritz Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 1.5 Litre, 850 Watt. a sniff over.

He doesn't particularly like them as the noise sound spooks him. But I have lots of cat hairs to clean up each day.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Followed instructions and washed filter with warm water and cylinder container (dried wiped it with kitchen tissue) and filter should be dry by morning.

Cylinder container/Filters cleaned even thou it was reconditioned and arrived yesterday morning.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Not loud considering its a central vac squirreled away in the basement stairwell closet.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Not loud considering its a central vac squirreled away in the basement stairwell closet.
You mean the type that have tubes outlets or inlets for sucking running all over the house, I have seen a video of them. Not needed here. Vac gets around the home with 3 metre cable and tube.

So far I'm relaxed with it even with earplugs worn which makes it sound like its in +70db range I'm a lot calmer with it. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a 2 story home plus basement. I need the sucking outlets :) and a longish hose

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I have a 2 story home plus basement. I need the sucking outlets :) and a longish hose
The cost of that must been in the hundreds$$. Tube pipes length by the $ metre and little fittings on the walls for plug in.

So does it work sucking continuously and you just plug in the length hose to wall or does it have sensor that knows when its plugged into wall it switches on automatically? Not that it matters the goal is to clean the floors. :)

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I can't hear mine.................... I'm across town while the maid is using it:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The cost of that must been in the hundreds$$. Tube pipes length by the $ metre and little fittings on the walls for plug in.

So does it work sucking continuously and you just plug in the length hose to wall or does it have sensor that knows when its plugged into wall it switches on automatically? Not that it matters the goal is to clean the floors. :)
The canister and the power-head for the carpets is where all the cost is. The plumbing and vacuum outlets (for lack of a better technical term) are cheap. The canister starts once I insert the hose into the vacuum receptacle and I get suction. It also stops when I pull the hose out. When I bought this house, the plumbing was already in place. Not much work hooking these up when the central vac is already roughed in.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
What volume liter size is the canister and is it emptied after every vacuum cleaning of the day, (I empty mine after ever morning and use and wash the canister and filter after every 5 day use).

Show pictures of what yours is like.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Central vacs don't need to be emptied often. I do mine maybe twice a year.

H

henymcarey

Audiophyte
I use the electrolux central vacuum unit. It is pretty quite. I remember the central vacuum seller telling me about some sort of insulation technology used in the vacuum to reduce the sound. The sound of each vacuum cleaner varies according to their insulation. Better insulated vacuums will have less sound emission.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jenniferpayne2

Audiophyte
maybe you will be worried about, vacuum cleaner sound that is pretty disturbing. Guys, nowadays there are vacuum cleaners in the market that are not noisy and gives high performance,
if you want to know about those vacuum cleaners, check cleanermachineinfo

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I had a Hoover self propelled upright for a long long time. My dogs were terrified of it. The dog in my avatar, King, was scared of only two things, that vacuum, and a ceramic cocker spaniel that could outstare him. I always thought the vac scared him because of the noise, it was very loud, and I never really liked it because of that, and it threw out an amazing amount of heat. I used to take King to work with me, and one night the cleaning people were running late, and I saw they had the same exact model vac that I had at home. I expected King to go into a panic, but as the vac got closer and closer, he didn't seem to be stressed at all. When she got to the point of it being right next to him, she started nudging him with it, and saying, "Come on honey, move over!", and he just laid there. Finally I just slid him over about 5 feet and she vacuumed where he had just been. I took the hose attachment and ran the nozzle up and down his side and he barely blinked. At home, panic ensued as soon as I took it out of the closet. When it broke, I bought a refurb hoover bagless upright and a Dyson cordless. Both of them were ignored by my dogs for the rest of their days.

I have severe back issues and vacuming is about the worst thing I can do to myself. I did some Tuesday and an only now recovering. The Dyson is my preferred machine, but it's capacity is low..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis