Home Theater Multiple Subwoofer Set-Up & Calibration Guide

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Slumlord
It's just a general recommendation for speakers/subs with ports for distance between port and wall....wherever along the wall you put it. You realize that the direction the port or the driver makes little difference with a sub, right?

P

Pat Ted

Enthusiast
Let's say I've decided to buy and use Minidsp 2x4 for the subs. What is the steps I have to do so the Denon audyssey XT32 not messing up the minidsp setting? Also should I use 0.9rms Volt or 2rms Volt for the minidsp?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Ninja
Let's say I've decided to buy and use Minidsp 2x4 for the subs. What is the steps I have to do so the Denon audyssey XT32 not messing up the minidsp setting? Also should I use 0.9rms Volt or 2rms Volt for the minidsp?
Get the HD version, but IIRC the output voltage is a pin setting so the regular can output 2vrms with the jumpers moved.

P

Pat Ted

Enthusiast
Do you think I need the 2x4 HD just for subwofers setting? Cause the price of 2x4 HD is double than regular one, I meant does it worth it?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Ninja
Do you think I need the 2x4 HD just for subwofers setting? Cause the price of 2x4 HD is double than regular one, I meant does it worth it?
I would, as its definitely worth the price. The processing power is much better. Also when taking the measurements to shape the response use higher resolutions, ie 1/24 octave smoothing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Slumlord
One way to not have Audyssey change what you do with a miniDSP is not to run Audyssey, but many do as much as they can with subs with minidsp and then run Audyssey for integration. There's two voltage settings to keep track of, input and output. Will depend on your sub somewhat as to what output voltage you need for a match with the sub's amp.

P

Pat Ted

Enthusiast
thanks for the info guys. The denon x6400h have 2 sub output. when I use minidsp, should I use just 1 output from the denon or use both output from the denon?

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis