adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Well after a little over 2 months of my sweat and money I am done enough to post my results. This has been a good project with relatively few hickups. The only one was I ran out of money before I could get my projector, carpeting and room treatments. I will probably get carpet in another month then treatments unless a super deal for a projector falls into my lap.

So I'm going to do a few before pics and then show the final product.

Back right of room before (entrance) and Front of room before:

Back left of room before:

I put outlets in ceiling for projector and screen:

Mid contstruction of wall:

Coming down stairs and After paint with wall and ceiling grid:

Completed Front:

Back:

I used curtains to cover the entrance to the utility room and the area around the washer dryer. This gives us better light control and temp control for the utility room. I used Lutron IR dimmers for both the entrance/back of room lighting and for the main seating area. I know RF will be more convenient but these were way less money.

My HT gear is:

Processor: Onkyo Pro PR-SC885
Amp: Emotiva MPS-1
Sources: Toshiba A2, Samsung 1400 and just got my Escient SE-80 Fireball.
Main Speakers: Wharfedale EV2-50 rosewood
Center Speaker: Wharfedale Diamond 9.CM
Side Surround: Sonance Synphony 623T
Rear Surround: Sonance Synphone SRS1

Thanks for looking and please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Update 6/8/09

screen up

screen down

Update 1/7/11

Well I've finally finished installing my rack rails and installing all the gear with the custom shelves. I'm very happy with the outcome.

I could only fit some of my gear in the rack so I chose to put my prepro, dvr, Blu-Ray and amps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Very cool, Craig! Looks like a great place to hang out. Thanks for the pics. I always enjoy the before and after shots.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looks great....Very nice job...I am impressed...:D
Very cool, Craig! Looks like a great place to hang out. Thanks for the pics. I always enjoy the before and after shots.
Thanks guys. I know they say the journey is half the fun. That is crap. Now the real fun starts.:D

I must say I did not do everything myself. I did hire a guy to do the drywall installation and the ceiling grid. I did all the electrical, ht wiring, ceiling install and finish work. I have to thank my friend Ed who really helped when he could and did alot of painting. Of course he crashes in whatever room my gear is in during ski season so he will get more use out of it than me.:rolleyes:

J

jamie2112

Banned
I am a big fan of the Wharfies as I used to own a pair and I love the "British" sound of the speakers....nice choice. I bet live Phish sounds good on those..:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I am a big fan of the Wharfies as I used to own a pair and I love the "British" sound of the speakers....nice choice. I bet live Phish sounds good on those..:D
Oh yes. I am waiting right now for a CD copy of the Clifford Ball shows that they did right next to where I lived at the time. VERY high quality recording.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice transformation.

I am looking into the future and I see a futon ... leaving. :D
Oh ... oh ... now I see ... theater seating! :)
Then I see you posting more pic's. Does this mean anything to you?
BTW, you are very happy in this future.

Really, nice job with all you've done. What kind of TV is that and how do you like it?
What size screen are you bucking for?

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nice transformation.

I am looking into the future and I see a futon ... leaving. :D
Oh ... oh ... now I see ... theater seating! :)
Then I see you posting more pic's. Does this mean anything to you?
BTW, you are very happy in this future.

Really, nice job with all you've done. What kind of TV is that and how do you like it? What size screen are you bucking for?
Oh yes that does look like my future except the futon will become the second row and a nice 2 or 3 leather theater seats will arrive. I had to kind of make a deal with the wife that we would have something you could convert to a bed when we have guests.:rolleyes:

Oh I forgot about the tv.:eek: It is a Westinghouse 42" LCD 1080P. It is ok but not great. It has overscan issues and blacks are ok at beast. When it came out it was the best bang for the buck. The HDMI input has a sparkle issue so I have to use a DVI connection (not that it matters).

I have a 84" tabtension electric screen that will drop down in front of the TV for movies. I am leaning toward a Mitsu HC5500 or Epson home cinema 1080UB.

Oh and I have a URC MX-810 to run it all.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Wow. What a change. Looking at the "before" pics, I was like, "What a disaster." But the "after" pics look great.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Yea, It looks really good Craig. Nice intigration, very clean, mainstream look.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No more thanks please but something was kind of bugging me. I went back and figured out what it was, no wires except a little behind one speaker. :eek:

I can never let my girl see this thread. You're making me look bad! :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice!

i like the way you hid the speaker wires.
i thought the curtains hid one giant bass trap :) (or lots of stuff)

J

jamie2112

Banned
nice!

i like the way you hid the speaker wires.
i thought the curtains hid one giant bass trap :) (or lots of stuff)
I bet he hides his stormtrooper outfit in the curtains..:eek::D
Just kidding Alex I know you only have a obie won suit...:D

J

jamie2112

Banned
Just kidding Craig....LOL I was thinking it was Alex's for a minute and I was trying to be funny but alas I SUCK again...oh well Your rig is great Craig....Say you don't have a STar Wars suit back there do you?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I don't have one but my favorite is this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis