adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The room really came out nice!

If you want to clean up the cable on the back of the projector, they make angled connectors for the HDMI cable (port saver) and the power cord. You just need to know which direction it needs to turn.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041907&p_id=3733&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041907&p_id=3850&seq=1&format=2

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=1022&sku=03152
Thanks major!

Those are very cool. I love monoprice.:)

I'm still playing with how far down I'm dropping the mount. The HC5500 does not have the lens shift range of the Epson's so I have to have it farther down than I was hoping. I've watched 3 movies so far and I feel like I'm looking up a bit too much. I'm also not exactly centered (off by <1/2 inch) so I have an a bit of overscan on the right side. After fix that and the drop height I will get those and get it nice and clean.

Looking at the power cord looks just like the one on my Fireball so maybe I'll just swap them the next time I pull apart my rack.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Sorry for doing a little post padding but I wanted to put some pics of the new sub here.

This pic is of the Outlaw LFM-1 and the Snell. The Outlaw is a bottom firing so I tipped it up to see the driver.

Here is one just of the Snell.

Just to give a point of reference the drivers on the Snell are 12" and the cabinet is 29" high.

This has to be one of the most significant changes I have made to my system. It has even made some previews worth watching.:rolleyes:

The only downfall is that at night I have to be more careful or I wake up the wife and kid. I am now wishing I had the most recent version of my prepro and have the new Dolby Volume to keep the dynamics at these lower volumes. Oh well all I can say is this thing kicks major but and I don't have to worry about it bottoming out like the LFM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Very cool, Craig! Happy to hear that you're still married after she found out about that sub. :D Does she like the difference, or can she even tell?

That thing looks like a beast. :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Very cool, Craig! Happy to hear that you're still married after she found out about that sub. :D Does she like the difference, or can she even tell?

That thing looks like a beast. :)
Thanks Adam. I waited to tell her about it on my birthday last weekend so that helped. In fact she even helped me carry it down to the theater. All 130lbs+ of it.

She's jumped a few times more with this one but the projector is what really sold her on the theater. For her watching So you think you can dance that big in HD has made her happy.:confused::rolleyes:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I have no idea how I missed the big update a couple of month ago, but WTG! Sheesh, how'd I miss this? :confused:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Nice update! Man, this is looking clean and sweet AND it even gets the housekeeper's seal of approval. You're doing everything right, ADK! Congrats.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks guys! I think I'm really down to needing window treatments, seating and flooring and I'll be good. I want to squeeze two rows in but I will need to find seats that are not too deep. Also the hallway coming down needs carpet and some other work to keep reverb down.

Again I appreciate the support. We are all really enjoying this as a family and I would not be where I am without the help and support from this forum.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice, looks like that snell will trounce the outlaw sub ... just by looking at the drivers :)

J

jamie2112

Banned
I don't like you right now Craig.I am not going to talk to you for at least 30 seconds.........:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
nice, looks like that snell will trounce the outlaw sub ... just by looking at the drivers :)
Yes they are definately a higher quality driver. The cabinet construction is way more solid as well. The knock test on this thing just gives a thud.

I don't like you right now Craig.I am not going to talk to you for at least 30 seconds.........:D
Hehe. I'll make it up to you. Let me know when your tour dates are set for the east coast. Any chance you will be coming to Montreal?

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Ok finally I have made the move and set up the new projector and screen. I have a Mitsubishi HC5500. I was on the fence between this model and the Epson's but the sale, no interest, free bulb and $300 mail in rebate made my choice. Also this thing is dead quiet. Honestly I cannot hear it run when I am sitting almost right below it. My LG plasma makes way more noise.

The screen is a Severtson 84" tab tension with a RF remote. Not a brand name known much for HT use but they have made IMAX screens for several years and I literally got it for a steal. I purchased it last september and it has been sitting at my office until I got the projector (and the wife didn't know:rolleyes:).

The mount for the projector is a Premier Mount universal projector mount (thanks majorloser).

Last but not least is the new Oppo BDP-83. I cannot say more than has been said about this player. Fast, good looking and will play almost any disk out there.

So here are the pics:

screen up

screen down

pojector front

projector side

rack
That is one sweet setup! I love the layout and the clean look. Nice gear selection as well. Having a drop down screen for movie watching and using my Sony 70XBR2 for all other TV watching is my plan for the not too distant future. Not too sure what PJ and screen size I'm going to get, but it will be a very similar arrangement to yours.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Seth

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jrogersfc

Audiophyte
Hi,

My name is John and i just recently bought a mitsu HC5500 and a premier mount just like yours. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how the arms go in the holes of projector. Can you help? Can you send me pics of how your mount is positioned on the projector? Thanks! God bless! :confused:

J

jrogersfc

Audiophyte
Hi
adk highlander,
My name is John and i just recently bought a mitsu HC5500 and a premier mount just like yours. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how the arms go in the holes of projector. Can you help? Can you send me pics of how your mount is positioned on the projector? Thanks! God bless! :confused:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hi
adk highlander,
Hi John,

I'm working now so when I get home I will snap a few and post them here. If I remember correctly I removed the longer arms and had to play with it a bit to get it lined up where I felt it was not putting to much pressure on any one bolt.

Remember that this projector has not vertical shift so you have to get this mounted where your lens will be centered to the screen.

Cheers.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hi
adk highlander,
Sorry it took me a bit longer. The wife kept me busy today putting insulation in the attic and mounting some blinds.

Here you go:

As you can see the mount is offset to the left to help compensate for the offset lens. Let me know if you have any more questions.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
No turntable ?!? :confused:

Oh, it's only for movie then. :D :D
I did not really set up the rack to handle one. Who knows what will come later down the line. I will probably get one for my office first. I listen to much more music there then in the theater.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis