High end graphics card?

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Dang, man. I would love to go to RAID SSD's if I had the cash. I am not entirely sure it is fair to compare your system to anyone else's, considering our old school HDDs are the main, and major bottleneck of all of our systems. :D
Yeah I have actually done a LOT with my system since the pics in my sig were taken. I really need to update it but my camera is broken. I have 12 drives total in that system, 2 Striped Raids and a 10.5 TB 8 drive RAID5.

I used to due it all the time with movie watching on my computer. I'd set the priority to real-time and kill explorer.exe. But I had a laptop with performance issues. :)
Yeah thats a whole nother ball of wax....most mobile chipsets have BIOS level power saving options that most people don't set, not to mention most mobile bus's are choked to death to save power and generate less heat. This equates to poopy levels of performance (yes I referenced poop as a performance reference).

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I have actually done a LOT with my system since the pics in my sig were taken. I really need to update it but my camera is broken. I have 12 drives total in that system, 2 Striped Raids and a 10.5 TB 8 drive RAID5.

Yeah thats a whole nother ball of wax....most mobile chipsets have BIOS level power saving options that most people don't set, not to mention most mobile bus's are choked to death to save power and generate less heat. This equates to poopy levels of performance (yes I referenced poop as a performance reference).
I miss my little tower, which wastes away at my grandmother's house. But my laptop does fine for it's purpose. Though I can't put it on my lap. :)

The only gaming I do on it is old school. I'm nostalgic and prefer the classics.

Heat is the biggest issue on running a dvd. It gets so damn hot I had to use fans to move the air out of it. Blu-ray must be hell on earth for heat.

s162216

s162216

Full Audioholic
Get a Geforce GTS-250, its a 9800GTX rebranded, but only slightly slower than a GTX260 and much cheaper. (£100 compared to £145 in UK)

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
If you have enough budget, get a Nvidia sli system, or tesla one. You get stunning graphics. If you have low budget, then get a 8400gs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis