HELP with Optoma HD142X Projector Dust Filter!!!

J

Jmunz

Audiophyte
Ok, guys, this message just came up on my Optoma HD142X Projector (602 hrs.) and I need your help.
IMG_20180211_155718.jpg

This might sound stupid to some of you, but I must confess I need your help. I've been trying to follow the steps on the Owner's Manual (page 40 to be exact) and I can't figure out how to do it. I can't even see/locate the filter through the vents.
Screenshot_2018-02-12-18-13-36.png

Has anyone here done this? Is there a tutorial or video?

I will greatly appreciate any help from you!!!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Seems straight forward. Remove the Grill , remove and replace or clean the filter. Reinstall filter and cover. Have you done step one yet? Was the projector purchased new? If not someone may have removed the filter before you. Either way it's not tricky.

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
From what I'm looking at, the most important note is the one that reads:
"Dust filters are only required/supplied in the selected regions with excessive dust"

So, they don't give EVERYONE a dust filter, just some people. Then when they don't supply it, they also don't fix the damn message on screen.

Take a vacuum to the lens side of the projector and just work it back and forth to try to get any junk and debris out of the unit.

Most DLP projectors have a sealed light engine path and don't have any filters at all. So, you either are smoking, and running dusty stuff while near the projector, and allowing that dust into the unit... OR ...you are dealing with some stupid defect in an entry level projector that is rarely reported by others.

If the vacuum doesn't work, you may need to call Optoma and see if there is some reset you can do.

J

Jmunz

Audiophyte
From what I'm looking at, the most important note is the one that reads:
"Dust filters are only required/supplied in the selected regions with excessive dust"

So, they don't give EVERYONE a dust filter, just some people. Then when they don't supply it, they also don't fix the damn message on screen.

Take a vacuum to the lens side of the projector and just work it back and forth to try to get any junk and debris out of the unit.

Most DLP projectors have a sealed light engine path and don't have any filters at all. So, you either are smoking, and running dusty stuff while near the projector, and allowing that dust into the unit... OR ...you are dealing with some stupid defect in an entry level projector that is rarely reported by others.

If the vacuum doesn't work, you may need to call Optoma and see if there is some reset you can do.
Sorry for the late response. My work shifts are crazy and I don't have as much time to catch up as I would like. I contacted Optoma and, you are right! My PJ doesn't have a dust filter and it was an error message caused by its default settings. I just had to change the dust filter setting and that fixed it. Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it!!!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
No problem. Always feel good when I can help someone out with a wild arse (but educated) guess.
Next time... BenQ! j/k

J

Jmunz

Audiophyte
No problem. Always feel good when I can help someone out with a wild arse (but educated) guess.
Next time... BenQ! j/k
At first I was going to buy the Benq HT2050 but it didn't come in black. That is why I ended up buying the Optoma.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis