Help on improving Home entertainment

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Slow going, but making progress. Denon 3800h coming soon, so no need to wait for in ceiling speakers for ATMOS. Q: Does anyone recommend a ceiling speaker for this purpose or just an all around good speaker? Best Buy had some "deeply discounted" sonance, but looked at Polk and Def Tec. I really think my absolute ceiling on cost is $250/ea, and I think a round white grill is a must to make the better half more ok with this. Dual SVS pb1000 in the works hopefully soon. How I went from a new TV to all audio is baffling.
RSL C34E MKII for your Atmos speakers. Way under your budget of 250$/per speaker, and an amazing speaker.

S

SJM

Enthusiast
On Denon 3800h, can I go without L/R surround and just do Back surround? Is that what I should so anyway, based on placement? The setup says just use L/R surround and place them slightly behind you if needed. I did the Rear surround and they aren't recognized at all. (The real fun will be cutting the holes in the ceiling later.)

S

SJM

Enthusiast
RSL C34E MKII for your Atmos speakers. Way under your budget of 250$/per speaker, and an amazing speaker.

I wish I got this post sooner. I would have gone that route. I suppose I still can later. I'll check the size of the hole I have to cut in the ceiling and maybe replace the 4 klipsch speakers that are on the way. I sort of went less expensive to see how I like it, but these MKII at look very impressive and I think can be had for $150 atm.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
On Denon 3800h, can I go without L/R surround and just do Back surround? Is that what I should so anyway, based on placement? The setup says just use L/R surround and place them slightly behind you if needed. I did the Rear surround and they aren't recognized at all. (The real fun will be cutting the holes in the ceiling later.)
If you’re only using 5 bed layer speakers they need to be set to surround no matter where you place them. In fact, I don’t even think you can select rear surround without selecting surrounds first. What is the actual placement?
FWIW, I used the c32e version 1 and I love them. Highly recommended.

S

SJM

Enthusiast
Of course...I don't know what I was thinking. All is good now. The Denon Apps do sort of suck and the HEOS radio/music is no where as good as the Apple Spatial stations. That lag is till there occasionally, even with the latest update. I'll have to check on the c32e version 1. I just calibrated with Mic at 4 positions. There is an optional Audio adjustment app, surely that isn't the Dirac for only $19.99 in the App Store???

S

SJM

Enthusiast
I read a post about the Denon 3800h being underpowered. I usually listen to it around 55-60% volume, anything over 65 is usually too loud for me anyway. Im not used to see the Vol shown in this way. The Denon 2809 used -db's. I suppose I can see how some would find it underpowered, but it's all I would ever need, but it did make me wonder about these SVS subs. The Audyssey set the for me at around 3/4 full according to the panel on the back of the sub. I manually set them higher and saw how much more powerful they are, then immediately turned them back to original setting. I guess the Audyssey knows what it's doing, because I obviously don't! Im not sure what I expected from multiple subs, but this room is SO FULL of sound I am curious what these height speakers are going to do for me??? Maybe I thought I would need to "tweet" everything? But that doesn't seem necessary. I also never thought spatial audio was necessary, but now it's all I want to listen to...well, that's not true. Some things sound "correct" and other just don't.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis