Help on improving Home entertainment

S

SJM

Audiophyte
Let me make his short: Any advice would be appreciated.
Current: Denon AVR 2809ci, B&W bookshelf LCR and surrounds. Not so great 58" Samsung 4k TV. An infinity sub, of some sort???
Future: Denon 3700h, Focal 826 left and right, keep B&W center, and use other B&W for surround, etc. Perhaps 4 ceiling speaker (TBD), and a LG C2 OLED. Ported SVS 1000 sub, perhaps 2.

Mixed use- lots of TV shows and movies and music (70/30?)

I find all the B&W speakers bright, hot, etc, but also very clear. Hear things I wouldn't otherwise, but they are not floor speakers. Do sound better after I put them on a pedestal. Obviously, I'm considering these as upgrades and within the amount I plan to spend.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Ninja
Let me make his short: Any advice would be appreciated.
Current: Denon AVR 2809ci, B&W bookshelf LCR and surrounds. Not so great 58" Samsung 4k TV. An infinity sub, of some sort???
Future: Denon 3700h, Focal 826 left and right, keep B&W center, and use other B&W for surround, etc. Perhaps 4 ceiling speaker (TBD), and a LG C2 OLED. Ported SVS 1000 sub, perhaps 2.

Mixed use- lots of TV shows and movies and music (70/30?)

I find all the B&W speakers bright, hot, etc, but also very clear. Hear things I wouldn't otherwise, but they are not floor speakers. Do sound better after I put them on a pedestal. Obviously, I'm considering these as upgrades and within the amount I plan to spend.
I suggest that you also get a Focal speaker for your center channel. That would improve sound character matching over the B & W one. The three front speakers need to be matched while the matching is not that critical for surround speakers.

With regard to the subwoofer supplementation, I would recommend two. That would help obtaining a smoother LF performance.

The Denon X3700H is a recommended receiver. I am using one and it performs rather well. I operate it in the Preamp mode to feed 10 external amplifiers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like a reasonable plan. Personally wasn't impressed by the B&Ws I've run into myself, but which models do you have? If I were speaker shopping I might more lean towards Philharmonic BMR towers or JBL HDI or a few others but speakers are a personal choice. I'd also agree plan on the dual subs. I do have a different center than my L/R in more than one system, it can work fine altho generally I'd prefer to have the same speaker all around, or from the same series. Good luck!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis