Help me spend my money

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
So the Cantons are in, they look great. Early impressions, much fuller soundstage, more dynamic range. poop is nice!!! I’m starting to run REW this morning and I go to do YPAO first. I get an out of phase warning on the front 2 Cantons. I double check everything, run it again, same thing. So I’m wondering if they were internally wired incorrectly. I switch the polarity and run it again. This time I get the out of phase warning on the front right only. So if I run reverse polarity it shows the left good. It shows the right bad both ways. The speakers have jumpers, but I did this with both the highs and lows, just to confirm. Anyone have advice on this?

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Please ignore the mess while I get this install finished.....
You can see my issue with the surrounds and that window there. I do have heavy curtains that do a good job acoustically, it’s just speaker placement.

Attachments

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just send money to me and I'll 'help' spend it! LOL :p

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You ran YPAO with the curtains in place right? That could certainly affect your results if you didn't. Those speakers look a little close together to me for that seating distance. How far is it to the couch and how far apart are the speakers?

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
You ran YPAO with the curtains in place right? That could certainly affect your results if you didn't. Those speakers look a little close together to me for that seating distance. How far is it to the couch and how far apart are the speakers?
5.5’ from tweeter to tweeter. 7’ from listening level. I’m getting a rack or something for the receivers on the left side. What I have there now takes up too much too and I have the sub locked up. Also the bipoles are going to be wall mounted. I could move the speakers forward more in the mean time to get them closer.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'd spread them out about 12"-18" either side of TV.

They sure are Good Looking. Hell I'd just sit and look at them without turning them on. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would second spreading the speakers to at least a minimum of 6’ on center. More if you can. Just be cautious to not get yourself too close to boundaries that might over inflate the bass. (On my phone so not a good time to check out the photos.)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh ya! Lots of room for your speakers!
Things to consider: do you use that fireplace?
Move the L/R out at least 1' each.
Get your equipment off the front wall completely and put it on the side wall where that little table is.
Consider getting your subs in better locations. A sidewall placement and one behind you... it's the performance for your wide seating area that you want to maximize. (I accapt that corner loading your room may be the best performance, but I also suspect that it's not! ;) )

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Appreciate the advice. On the right side is the garage, so I was thinking of doing a built in there, it’s also the only place I have coaxial, so I have my modem router there. It would work well for all of that. Then I can spread these things out and move my subs. They are 2 Bic F12’s so my next upgrade is likely HSU VTF-MK3’s.
I use the fireplace sometimes in the winter, but I’ve talked about taking away the mantle and going huge projector screen there. So I don’t mind not using it.

I’m worried about my surrounds. Right now ones on the table the other is on the floor (Temporary). We are rearranging, so trying to figure it out. I was thinking of mounting them on the side walls,Just where the windows start behind the couch. Even on both sides.

Attachments

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
My wife suggested pulling the fireplace out and putting equipment in there. I like the built in on the side better. I am lucky, WAF is not an issue with me. I can put poop wherever I want.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I am lucky, WAF is not an issue with me. I can put poop wherever I want.
You know what this means Fellas. He's whooped!!! Don't let your Wife read this. You'll have a Bose Acoustimass system faster then you could say. WTF

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Lol, I saw that Bose thread.... at least I think it was here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis