Help me pick the Right Cables!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Another happy client says:
Review: Virtual Dynamics NIte Power cord Power cord

Category: Cables

I'll cut to the chase...Some audiophiles are not ready to hear about how much difference this power cord can make in a high end audio system. I'm not kidding, the Nite power cord might just be one of the biggest upgrades I've made to my system! First off, I'm not claming to be an expert on power cords, nor have I tried a fraction of the power cords out there. I just wish to communicate what a profound difference this power cord has made on my system.

The first product I tried from Virtual Dynamics was their $125 2i power cord. This cord made a bigger improvement to the sound than any other power cord I had tried to date. I then upgraded to the Virtual Dynamic’s Audition power cord, which produced an even greater degree of enhancement. There was so much more low-level detail and tonal purity along with every other aspect of the sound being improved. Rick from Virtual Dynamics really wanted me to try his top of the line Nite power cord, even though I told him I really didn’t want to spend any more on a power cord. I was perfectly happy with the Audition power cords, one on my Accuphase 65V CD player and another on my Spectron Musician II power amp. How could a power cord have any more affect on a system than what I was already hearing? He said he’d send it anyway even if I didn’t intend on buying it. “I just want you to see what’s possible when this technology is taken to the extreme and for you to tell me your thoughts on it.” I said ok, send it. When I first received the cord I plugged into a receptacle over night but had no component hooked up to it, so it was not even close to being broken-in. The next day I plugged it into my CD player then dropped Ginger Baker’s Coward of the County into the tray and hit the play button. Before the first track was even though I had a tear running down my cheek. There is no way a power cord is supposed to make that much difference! This was not just more low-level detail and tonal purity; this was also affecting things on a Grand Scale. It was as if I had upgraded to mono blocks. The whole presentation had changed; there was awesome bass pitch, extension and control in the low frequencies. The soundstage had become more three dimensional and focused. I felt like a light had been turned on and illuminated the soundstage, I could clearly see were each instrument and musician were positioned. There was also an unmistakable transformation in the systems transparence. Notes were emerging from a much blacker background and then decaying into utter silence. The increase in dynamic shading both macro and micro were so much more convincing too, further bridging the gap between recorded and live music. Then of course was the increase in low-level detail and tonal purity. Words really do fail in trying to express what this power cord did for my system.

I had no intention of spending more money on a power cord but I don’t think Rick’s getting this one back. I believe this power cord has done more to increase my enjoyment of music than just about any other tweak. It also brought about a larger degree of improvement than upgrading my CD player from an Accuphase 65 to the 65V. After hearing this kind of improvement from a power cord I realized just how weak the weakest link in my system was. I then thought about all the audiophiles that still don’t think a power cord can make a difference and how they might not ever know just how good their system can really sound. Before you dump more money on upgrading components, try upgrading what might be the weakest link in your system first. As much as this cord sells for I believe it to be money well spent.
How in the Hell is a few feet of power cord going to affect the delivery of power, when there is miles and miles of cable and multiple transformers going back to multiple sources of power? Just explain that to me using undisputable logic. You can't, as you peddle absolute bilge that defies any logical argument.

You need to stop contaminating the site. I strongly recommend you be banned for pedaling false information. Your are degrading this site and should be ashamed of yourself. Your are degrading the credibility of this forum and I find that insulting and offensive. In short just get the Hell of this forum.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I bought mine before they were acquired by Nordost, 6 Moons says:

The Nordost QRT power purification system provides all the benefits one would expect from an audiophile-quality power conditioner. Of course there are tradeoffs when compared against the toughest competition at this price level. What sets it apart is its perhaps unique ability to take your stereo system to an entirely new level of musicality. The specific aspects of AC line noise the Nordost engineers have targeted and the way they have gone about it allow for a superbly natural midrange and treble tonality. Even hard edgy female vocal CD recordings in my collection were transformed to completely enjoyable. Being able to treasure more of their music collection would be an enormous benefit to any audiophile. The value of this aspect alone cannot be understated.
Hey dumm Fukk, apparently your vacation wasn’t long enough.
@Steve81, how about the ban hammer?

Before you get the boot, I have to ask. Why are you actually posting here? You do know there’s sites that actually cater to you tinfoil hat line of thinking right? You could save a lot of headache by peddling your nonsense alongside like minded dummfukks!!!!!

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So, do you have an audio system or an AV system? Why?
What’s the actual question here? Power strip claims like this are absolutely asinine.
You show me ONE way at all how a power strip, or power cord can change ANYTHING about SS&I, or dynamics or any single thing about playback performance.
I don’t mean some mental trip either. Show me ONE metric that translates to ANY mind blowing improvements.
Yeah, I’ll just wait for links to some random BS.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As has been asked of you.
Please illustrate how a power cable can change anything.

highfigh

highfigh

QRT Power Strip

"You'll experience a lower noise floor, heightened imaging, wider and deeper soundstages, sharper details, superior pacing, and outstanding dynamics."

:rolleyes:
Because, werds.....

That is absolute BS and I want those maroons to come here to explain EXACTLY why it makes that kind of difference, when the building's electrical service hasn't been upgraded. How far does someone need to go into the grid with gold plated hardware in order for them to think they have done enough to improve their system?

"My gold-plated plumbing fixtures flush my toilet better than chrome fixtures"- it's really the same, isn't it?

highfigh

highfigh

How in the Hell is a few feet of power cord going to affect the delivery of power, when there is miles and miles of cable and multiple transformers going back to multiple sources of power? Just explain that to me using undisputable logic. You can't, as you peddle absolute bilge that defies any logical argument.

You need to stop contaminating the site. I strongly recommend you be banned for pedaling false information. Your are degrading this site and should be ashamed of yourself. Your are degrading the credibility of this forum and I find that insulting and offensive. In short just get the Hell of this forum.
How does a few feet of power cord improve the system? FM, and that doesn't stand for 'Frequency Modulation'.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

That article he posted about that power cable is from 2002 review in Audiogon. WOW. And at AudioAsylum. Same person.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
How can you measure hopes and dreams?

I only ask because that's the only way a power cable makes any difference.
Probably something to do with the ratio of blue sky to bullshitt. You know, the BS to BS ratio! Has to be like 100:1 bullshitt to get noticed by anyone in audiophelia land. Or maybe it’s 100:1 blue sky? I’m so confused now.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How can you measure hopes and dreams?
By the metric fcuk ton of pixie wings and compressed pounds of unicorn farts.

Sadly, a lot of pixies have had to give up their wings for all the frittered and wasted hopes and dreams of humankind.
Touch Of The Fumbles: Don's parting - InDaily

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Looks like he got das boot and his posts are no longer here either. Good riddance!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like he got das boot and his posts are no longer here either. Good riddance!
Talking about das boot, did you ever watch Wolfgang Petersen's 1981 film which got nominated for 6 Academy awards including 1982 Best Director.

It's very well made and some consider it as the best submarine film ever made. I bought it several years ago and I love it. If you like such type of movie, I strongly recommend it. It's available from Amazon at a very cheap price for the 2-disc Director's Cut Blu-ray set:

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Talking about das boot, did you ever watch Wolfgang Petersen's 1981 film which got nominated for 6 Academy awards including 1982 Best Director.

It's very well made and some consider it as the best submarine film ever made. I bought it several years ago and I love it. If you like such type of movie, I strongly recommend it. It's available from Amazon at a very cheap price for the 2-disc Director's Cut Blu-ray set:

I've never even heard of it until now, but I was actually referring to another movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486551/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

Where part of the contest is to chug a beer from "Das Boot".

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If I recall correctly, in beerfest, they first didn't know to rotate Das Boot and got hammered by the air bubble and turbulence. In the subsequent training montage, they learned the "correct" technique to drink with the toe up until...

:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis