Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Joe, I wouldn't act cold toward her when you see her.
The way you handle this situation, regardless if you date her or not; will show a lot, in her eyes.
You never know, she may have a sister, or girlfriends; they're are all potential mates.
Words of wisdom here, I was trying to date my wife's younger sister when she set me up with her older sister instead.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I dont really see where age or maritial status comes in play but hey, I have been told that I am a scum bag:eek:

Imagine how creaped out she would be if she is an Audioholic and is following this thread!
The vast majority of "office hotties" here are married. The rest are too young for me by a wide margin.:cool:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's simple then. Go back to buy another book and strike up a conversation. If she acts uncomfortable, just let the whole thing slide. Or you can just give her a dirty look as you buy every copy of Catcher in the Rye that the store has in stock.;)
Fantastic advice but before you act on it make sure to get your own pepper spray. You want it to at least be a fair fight.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I dont really see where age or maritial status comes in play but hey, I have been told that I am a scum bag:eek:

Imagine how creaped out she would be if she is an Audioholic and is following this thread!
Married women are 100% off limits. There is something creepy about dating a woman young enough to be my daughter (or old enough to be my mother.) I have always thought that +/- 10 years of my age is best.
(Nothing that I have written would creep anybody out.)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just the thought that you are talking about her to a bunch of strangers would creep her out...
Married women are 100% off limits. There is something creepy about dating a woman young enough to be my daughter (or old enough to be my mother.) I have always thought that +/- 10 years of my age is best.
(Nothing that I have written would creep anybody out.)

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I feel like I'm viewing my own soap opera. Can't wait till the weekend!

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I feel like I'm viewing my own soap opera. Can't wait till the weekend!
Neither can I. It will be interesting to see what happens. I won't be back at my desk before Monday, though.
Meanwhile, I have dipped one toe into the slightly scary waters of an online dating service.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Neither can I. It will be interesting to see what happens. I won't be back at my desk before Monday, though.
Meanwhile, I have dipped one toe into the slightly scary waters of an online dating service.
Hey Joe, carefull with those online dating sites, you never know what you're going to get. It's better to see your prey before you pounce:D!

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Joe, carefull with those online dating sites, you never know what you're going to get. It's better to see your prey before you pounce:D!
This is where the advice about a very public coffee bar in broad daylight for a first meeting becomes significant.:D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
This is where the advice about a very public coffee bar in broad daylight for a first meeting becomes significant.:D
Indeed. Before getting to know you, she cannot know that you are not the sort of man who would.........well, finish the sentence for yourself. One should always be aware of this, and make allowances for the fact that she has almost certainly been hit upon by guys who want to use her (with or without her consent) and toss her aside. It is unfortunate that women need to be careful about the men they see, but they do. So when a woman is careful and does not trust you before she knows you, you should not take it personally. She is just showing that she does not have rocks for brains.

Last edited:
Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
The vast majority of "office hotties" here are married. The rest are too young for me by a wide margin.:cool:

She must be a hottie... for you sharing this with your Audioholics family.
Show us some pics. :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, like the first time you bring your hot girlfriend to a family party and all your male relatives ogle her, cripes!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
good luck on saturday Joe! am i glad I caught my fish before she wised up. (high school sweet hearts)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
She was at work. There were other customers in line behind me.
Maybe a last attempt. See if she is interested in coffee at break time perhaps? If that doesn't happen, move on. More fish out there;)

AUtiger

AUtiger

Junior Audioholic
This is hilarious (not forJoe). But now Audioholics is becoming a Dr. Ruth matchmaking service. (not a compaint, just comical). Some good points offered. Don't give up, Joe. My wife, (20yrs in May) we used to work for same co., was scared of me. Tall & rugged- like caveman. But I persisted even thought she was dating some rich playboy :eek: and I won.:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
This is hilarious (not forJoe). But now Audioholics is becoming a Dr. Ruth matchmaking service. (not a compaint, just comical). :D
Sure, why not :D Where else would he get this kind of free advice:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Sure, why not :D Where else would he get this kind of free advice:D
I've always said it, this is the best site on the net for A/V, food recipes, A/V articles, reviews, cars, political talk, now chalk up "ADVISE TO THE LOVE LORN", the powers that be should make it a forum for any A/V'er needing advice from the local playboys here at Audioholics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis