Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Well...YEAH. Hell, I'd be in heaven if I were 20 again and on the prowl at the UW campus. :p
Hell I was in heaven when I did a big job down at the University of Miami. Talk about creepy - and I was married at the time so it was strictly a "Look but don't touch" scenario, but man was there a lot to look at. Creepy because I'm no longer a 21 year old student, and the difference in the way they looked at me did not go unnoticed... :( But I had a wife to call once I got back to my hotel room every night to console my old(er) a$$.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Hell I was in heaven when I did a big job down at the University of Miami. Talk about creepy - and I was married at the time so it was strictly a "Look but don't touch" scenario, but man was there a lot to look at. Creepy because I'm no longer a 21 year old student, and the difference in the way they looked at me did not go unnoticed... :( But I had a wife to call once I got back to my hotel room every night to console my old(er) a$$.
It is nice to "look" every now and then, isn't it? Mmmm. You weren't "leering" Halon, were you? To deserve "the way they looked at" you. :p jk Words. Trying to show Joe Schmoe that his say-so is not known as he always imagines it. :)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Also Joe do you play an instrument?
Not in decades (and I wasn't good then.) I am an artist, though, which should be equivalent (though, for some odd reason, visual art doesn't get the same respect as music even though it clearly deserves to.)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Not in decades (and I wasn't good then.) I am an artist, though, which should be equivalent (though, for some odd reason, visual art doesn't get the same respect as music even though it clearly deserves to.)
Ya know Joe, "playing an instrument" is not confined to the musical world. ;)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
It is nice to "look" every now and then, isn't it? Mmmm. You weren't "leering" Halon, were you? To deserve "the way they looked at" you. :p jk Words. Trying to show Joe Schmoe that his say-so is not known as he always imagines it. :)
Probably because they were Miami girls after all, and would have been way out of my league even when I was still 21! :D I don't "leer", I "observe". Big difference. Words. :p

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Probably because they were Miami girls after all, and would have been way out of my league even when I was still 21! :D I don't "leer", I "observe". Big difference. Words.
I can't imagine you do Halon. You strike me as a gentleman (despite some of our off-key ramblings here). ;) This is for The Joe Schmoe Benefit. Yes. Words. One of 'em properly placed can have the desired impact...much like a bullet. ;)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure how OKC is, but where I'm from that would be more than enough to supply you with a decent amount of hoo-yah. For once I do agree with you Joe, visual art deserves as much respect as musical art.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure how OKC is, but where I'm from that would be more than enough to supply you with a decent amount of hoo-yah. For once I do agree with you Joe, visual art deserves as much respect as musical art.
Yeah...but how realistic is that? Some 20 year old hottie intellectual that has the hots for 45 year old Joe (no offense Joe). If that's his cup of tea...go for it. But do you really think they can have a "good long conversation" when they are at such different points in their life?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah...but how realistic is that? Some 20 year old hottie intellectual that has the hots for 45 year old Joe (no offense Joe). If that's his cup of tea...go for it. But do you really think they can have a "good long conversation" when they are at such different points in their life?
No, not merely talking about the 20 year old crowd, talking about women in general and how they view artists and musicians. Granted, the fatal flaw in that reasoning is that the older women still crave that artistic free-thinker, but they are at the point where they need a man who's actually going to put food on the table and be a provider. ;) I digress again - unless we're talking about my aforementioned divorcees who are looking for some fun after several years of an unfulfilling marriage. So many variables, so little time...

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Besides, 20 year olds are nice to look at, but I wouldn't seriously consider more than that. They look like babies at that age. Even 30 would be robbing the cradle for me.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I have been told by a Catholic priest in the past that the church will allow to you believe and practice as you want as long as you yourself can fully and honestly morally accept your beliefs and practices. (And lets not take this statement out of line, it was intend to be talking about such things as birth control).
And you believe that no priest has ever said anything wrong, or ever misrepresented the church? Don't forget, some priests have been excommunicated for what they have said and done.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Full head of hair (my dad still has all of his hair at 76), with a few grey streaks. 6' tall and usually around 180 lb. Somewhat muscular/athletic (I lift weights and ride a bike, but am not hard-core about it.) I wouldn't know "nice" hands if I saw them, but mine don't have the roughness one gets from physical labor.
Major liabilities are a really big nose, prominent adams apple, crooked teeth, glasses (can't wear contacts), and nerdy laugh.
No one's perfect. How crooked btw? In my opinion, everything else shouldn't be a roadblock (at least, with the physical stuff).

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
3) What I meant here, which really should be obvious, is that the couple should be checked to make sure neither has an STD that they could transmit to the other. Even then, a condom is always a worthwhile and harmless precaution to take unless the couple want kids, which it would prevent.
A condom is not the best form of birth control, and they are not things I like at all. They are not "harmless", as they interfere with the pleasure that is possible without them. Fortunately, I am monogamous, and am happily married, so I do not need them for protection against diseases.

If God has not blessed one of the couple with infertility (I expect that you, Joe, may enjoy that joke given what you have said so far), sterilization is more effective, easier to use, and cheaper in the long run, than any other form of birth control. But, of course, there are other options that one can use, and several of them are more reliable than condoms for preventing pregnancy. However, if one is going to be promiscuous, I agree (from other posts of yours) that one either will use condoms or one has rocks for brains.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja

Well, you're just wrong Joe. The Catholic Church's position on birth control is not remotely "arbitrary." It is for good, well-founded reason.
Oh? And what might that "good, well-founded reason" be?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
But, of course, there are other options that one can use, and several of them are more reliable than condoms for preventing pregnancy.
One of those options is to avoid that which qualifies as sex in Arkansas.:D
(There are plenty of other ways to have fun.)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
No one's perfect. How crooked btw? In my opinion, everything else shouldn't be a roadblock (at least, with the physical stuff).
One certainly doesn't need to be a macho-perfect cowboy to get the girl, so to speak. Everyone has flaws and imperfections. The point is to realize that even that cute lady has flaws as well, and she's not perfect either, so maybe it's a little less intimidating to approach her with that mindset. I think the problem with Joe is more in the mind than it is his physical nature.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
What does that have to do with a supposedly "good, well-founded reason" for the Catholic Church's position on birth control?
Thank you. That is exactly what I was going to ask.
Also, the answer is no (particularly since I don't believe in the concept of "sin".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis