Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Obviously, too much perfection scares them off.
Maybe I should behave more like the dog I am.

Again, a contradiction of your own statements.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Again, a contradiction of your own statements.
Nope, no contradiction. I am a perfect dog.
You also forgot to include the smiley, whose purpose is to indicate a modified interpretation (joking, sarcasm, etc.)

Attempting to get things back on track, one thing that annoys me about many women is that they use sex as currency to obtain the other things they want, rather than admitting that it is an end in itself. They treat it as a reward to be granted or withheld as part of their "male behaviour-modification program". This hides the fact that they want and enjoy it at least as much as (probably more than) we male dogs do.:(

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
Let me ask this question Joe; whatelse do you have in common with this woman besides the bookstore?

Also woman really like "Clean" guys, and guys that cook. Your clothes, car, house, etc. = major points.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Let me ask this question Joe; whatelse do you have in common with this woman besides the bookstore?
Taste in music. One of the purposes of asking to meet with her outside work was to find out what else. That is why sitting down for a real conversation is the first step, not "moving too fast".:eek:

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
Taste in music. One of the purposes of asking to meet with her outside work was to find out what else. That is why sitting down for a real conversation is the first step, not "moving too fast".:eek:
There you go = Ask her to go with you to a Concert/Club/etc. thats local and not to loud. Live Blues Clubs usally work very well

It’s a neutral environment, other people around, fun. If it bombs out, it bombs out. But at least you got to see a show.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Boy. You change like the wind. Post #83 suggest in was more than "just a conversation":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I have talked to her maybe 7 or 8 times. They were very brief conversations, but "went well" within that limitation. The whole point of asking her out was to have the opportunity for a good long discussion (not possible when she is at work.)
I am not very good at guessing ages in general (and especially women's ages.) I would estimate 35-40. I am 45 but in exceptionally good shape. I have been told that I look 10 years younger.
You gonna keep changing everything? No wonder you can't get a woman. You've already been told repeatedly that would scare a lot of women off on the first meeting...over a cash register...while she is working, trying to do her job...and taking your money.

Hey. We've got a theme going here.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
There you go = Ask her to go with you to a Concert/Club/etc. thats local and not to loud. Live Blues Clubs usally work very well

It’s a neutral environment, other people around, fun. If it bombs out, it bombs out. But at least you got to see a show.
Joe doesn't drink. Or smoke. He enjoys "hermit-like" activities. And he "does not compromise." Is "inherently solitary." Is "self-centered." And "has nothing to offer a woman." Hmmmph. ;)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Joe doesn't drink. Or smoke. He enjoys "hermit-like" activities. And he "does not compromise." Is "inherently solitary." Is "self-centered." And "has nothing to offer a woman." Hmmmph. ;)
Again, ouch. :D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Again, ouch. :D
LOL. :p

I can't make this stuff up Halon. It's pretty good, isn't it? I wouldn't have believed it if Joe hadn't posted this himself (about himself).

Joe's also been rejected now via online dating, and I've asked before, but I'll ask again:
Joe: would you be so kind to post those emails so that we could help you with that problem as well? ;)

I'm just wondering how you've made through forty-five (+/-) years of life?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I think there is a fair number of psycho and/or sociopaths that have shared very similar traits. :eek: I hear Ted Kaczynski was pretty solitary too.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I think there is a fair number of psycho and/or sociopaths that have shared very similar traits. :eek: I hear Ted Kaczynski was pretty solitary too.
Yes Halon. :eek:

But Ted had one thing going for him (at his age): A full head of hair. Some men would die for a hairline like that (I don't have to much of a problem in that dept, but I still sympatize...a little). Hair like STALIN.

Joe: How's your hairline? Height? Weight? Skin? Hands? (Many women do like like "nice" hands on a man...particularly if they know how to use them). Let's hear the statistics Joe. No matter what, I could get you a woman. Now, she may look like Highfi's new avatar, but beggars cannot afford to be "choosey", now can they? ;)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Joe: would you be so kind to post those emails so that we could help you with that problem as well? ;)
Absolutely not.
I already told you that that would be unethical in the extreme. It would violate the privacy of the person to whom they were written. (It would probably also violate the usage agreement of the website, making it illegal as well as unethical.):eek:

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
Also Joe do you play an instrument?

If so thats a great way to meet women. Women are not threatened by musicians for some weird reason:rolleyes:

If you don't play an instrument, start taking some lessons, also a great conversation topic

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Why do you quote two posts that say essentially the same thing and then refer to it as "changing"?:confused:
So to you a "a good long discussion" (post #83) is the same as a "real conversation?" As already explained, those three words ("good long discussion") would make many woman cringe and run upon a mere meeting over a cash register. Hell, it sounds like you're going to scold a five year old, not asking out a woman. :eek: Mastery of the English language is not a prerequisite, but some carefully chosen words and a little tact help, don't you think?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
"Good long discussion" and "real conversation" are synonyms. As in exactly the same meaning, merely expressed in different ways.
It is a moot point, though, as what I asked her was to "...go out. Maybe dinner?"

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
"Good long discussion" and "real conversation" are synonyms. As in exactly the same meaning, merely expressed in different ways.
It is a moot point, though, as what I asked her was to "...go out. Maybe dinner?"
And that's the problem Joe...they are not synonomous. They have different inferences and nuances. Much like a cup of coffee is far less personal than "going out for dinner." Baby steps. Like the movie. You can't just have dinner and be enjoying a leisurely smoke afterwards with your toes pointed in the air on the first meet...or date. At least, that's not how I proceed. Although some women will let you get them drunk the first time and do...whatever.

And comunication is a two way street. This concept goes right over your head. After much painstaking elaboration, we finally know what you mean, but did not "get it" the first time you stated it, because you have a convoluted and obtuse way of writing (at times) and, by extension: speaking. Big turn off. It matters not what you say. What matters is what is heard and understood. Get it? :)

Last edited:
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I'm just wondering how you've made through forty-five (+/-) years of life?
More than 25 of those years were spent as a student. It is extremely easy to find partners as a student. Not sure why it is so much more difficult in the working world (except for the obvious: there were always women in my classes.)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
More than 25 of those years were spent as a student. It is extremely easy to find partners as a student. Not sure why it is so much more difficult in the working world (except for the obvious: there were always women in my classes.)
Well...YEAH. Hell, I'd be in heaven if I were 20 again and on the prowl at the UW campus. :p

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Joe: How's your hairline? Height? Weight? Skin? Hands? (Many women do like like "nice" hands on a man...particularly if they know how to use them). Let's hear the statistics Joe. No matter what, I could get you a woman. Now, she may look like Highfi's new avatar, but beggars cannot afford to be "choosey", now can they? ;)
Full head of hair (my dad still has all of his hair at 76), with a few grey streaks. 6' tall and usually around 180 lb. Somewhat muscular/athletic (I lift weights and ride a bike, but am not hard-core about it.) I wouldn't know "nice" hands if I saw them, but mine don't have the roughness one gets from physical labor.
Major liabilities are a really big nose, prominent adams apple, crooked teeth, glasses (can't wear contacts), and nerdy laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis