Has gene ever used wire world cables?

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Crack head? That is a pretty serious inference. I'm the one at the end of page 1, Mr. bluffing warlord. I've never even seen the stuff. I have helped eradicated fields of Coca plants from the air, in Peru and Bolivia in the 70s. They smoke paste it's worse, from what I saw.. I'd rather have a cup of coffee to tell the truth.

You can have the booze, wine and beer too. I use wine for cooking, I will taste it to make sure it's good enough to cook with.. Beer it all taste the same, BAD!

I use Rye Vodka from Poland, it to make gallons of vanilla extract. Spanish olive oil and distilled water for the non alcohol crowd. I am a VANILLA addict no doubt about that.. LOL

It's a ORCHID pod you know.. Vanilla is interesting stuff, like stereo stuff, there are many different flavor vanillas beans. Just like music... It's all good, just some is better than others...

Time to fix my rabbits couch.. He ate it, of course it didn't come back out as a couch, but it was easy to sweep.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Crack head? That is a pretty serious inference. I'm the one at the end of page 1, Mr. bluffing warlord. I've never even seen the stuff. I have helped eradicated fields of Coca plants from the air, in Peru and Bolivia in the 70s. They smoke paste it's worse, from what I saw.. I'd rather have a cup of coffee to tell the truth.

You can have the booze, wine and beer too. I use wine for cooking, I will taste it to make sure it's good enough to cook with.. Beer it all taste the same, BAD!

I use Rye Vodka from Poland, it to make gallons of vanilla extract. Spanish olive oil and distilled water for the non alcohol crowd. I am a VANILLA addict no doubt about that.. LOL

It's a ORCHID pod you know.. Vanilla is interesting stuff, like stereo stuff, there are many different flavor vanillas beans. Just like music... It's all good, just some is better than others...

Time to fix my rabbits couch.. He ate it, of course it didn't come back out as a couch, but it was easy to sweep.
Presumptuous and self important much?

Our OP hasn't responded to this thread since the middle of page 2.

The rest of this is largely derailed sidebar. If you can't accept commentary about that... well, it's not my problem to be frank.
I haven't interacted with you or any of your posts. I don't know you or presume to know you. That this thread has become a bit of a dumpster fire and a friend and I comment on it is not a personal attack on you.

Cool?

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
That was a response and honest I'm sure.
I'm easy to get along with, I just don't miss much.
I'll laugh right along when it's appropriate and not at the expense of others..

Dumpster fire? that's a new one.. I haven't seen one come to think of it.. The movies maybe.. or
"Where I built my new house" Dumpsters 101 house building.

Thanks for your honesty.

Regards

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
The Viking Acoustic thread was the epitome of thievery.
Thank you for your concise reply. No arguments from me on any points. As for AG, there welcome to there way of doing things. There are very few listings to suit my location, so it does not affect me. Plus the fact your 110 volt voltage does not suit our 240 volt system.. So I stick with Aussie Audio Mart

The thread on WBF about Viking was bad , but I tend to agree with closing the thread it really had run it's course,, I did wonder considering the amount of money involved why they just didn't visit Viking and sort them out. Sure it was a way to travel. But a face to face visit always gets results. I think the reason Viking did not pay out was they simply did not have the cash, and are on the point of closure. There was an equal thread on A.S. which is still open

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Yea I kind of thought that was the case. The person/owner from Viking HAD a pretty poor response to the whole mess. I think they closed the thread out of empathy more than anything.

I doubt I'd be so gracious and they weren't even my speakers..

The problem is I had my eyes set on Speaker-X for a while. No way now. I'm afraid I'd never see the product or the money. When times are tough you cut back on everything, not your staff. I think the good life went to Vikings head. They surely didn't give up any lifestyle changes, just put off paying vendors and letting go the wrong people.

I'll bet good money the owner kept paying himself and is still living way too LARGE.

Somehow, that mess with Viking has the same greedy bouquet I've smelt before.. Sad really.

Regards

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
The problem is I had my eyes set on Speaker-X for a while. No way now. I'm afraid I'd never see the product or the money. When times are tough you cut back on everything, not your staff. I think the good life went to Vikings head. They surely didn't give up any lifestyle changes, just put off paying vendors and letting go the wrong people.
It's probably easy to suggest a remedy after the fact, But there are a few points worth discussion. When the buyer returned the speakers to Viking, Viking complained that had they known about the return they would have sent out special crates. The question that must be asked is, Why did they not use the special crates in the first place, then it would have been easy to return the crates back to Viking, with the trade-in pair of speakers, I suspect Viking was fully aware of the sub'standard finish to the speakers, and that's why they only used cardboard box's in the hope the buyer would blame the carrier for the damage.

Of cause we can all dream up scenarios, on what could be, should be after the fact. But concerning the cash refund, While the time for a charge -back is long over due, It's still possible to file a bankruptcy case , given he has proof, which of cause he has. Failing that he could sell the dept. to a dept. recovery agent, and those guy's don't take prisoners. They simply get a court order, and visit the deter [ at 3am ] and help themselves to goods to cover the cost of the dept

We will probably never know what the final outcome will be, But it's a sure thing Viking has damaged it's reputation beyond repair.

Last edited:
O

OHMisback

Audioholic
I'm with you. I have been VERY lucky, myself. The buyer stayed on point about the whole thing, considering. Better man than me, for sure.

I think having an organ transplant has less drama. The buyer just stayed cool. Wise..

Back to Cables I guess. :)

Regards

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm with you. I have been VERY lucky, myself. The buyer stayed on point about the whole thing, considering. Better man than me, for sure.

I think having an organ transplant has less drama. The buyer just stayed cool. Wise..

Back to Cables I guess. :)

Regards
Yeah let's season some cables or at least fantasize about the metallurgy or dielectric some more.....

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I use shielded xlr speaker cables at work, but I am using a welder with continuous high frequency output not more than 8 ft away at times. At any rate, that's how the JBL LSR305s came was with XLR connections. I got mine from Monoprice. High freq from a TIG welder will make a marine compass spin out of control and garbles up the sound. It's amazing I don't glow in the dark.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Yeah let's season some cables or at least fantasize about the metallurgy or dielectric some more.....
Ok you have made a statement. What is it you are trying to say? That you don't know what you're talking about or that you "THINK" out of the box cables (brand new) and hooked to a new phono stage are going to sound the same 1000 hours later? Have you done the comparison? I have several times. I've never met a person that didn't hear a change in a phono/RtR preamp that was set up well.

I'm asking YOU, do you really think cables don't matter or change? That is just part of the settling and breaking-in procedure. If you don't know or practice that, I have no problem with you. I just doubt we're on the same page when it comes to what I like to hear vs what you like to hear. I can be a little picky. :cool:

I have ZERO issue if you don't. BUT you seem to think you're somehow going to change what I learned 40 plus years ago.. The most important cable in a system is from the Tonearm to the phono pre amp OR playback heads to a RtR preamp. Balanced/differential is better if you can swing it. Far less coloration vs single ended RCA cables. It's just a fact.. They sound WAY different.. A truly balanced Tone arm/cart or RtR with AES48 compliance cables, preamp and preamp won't. The cables can be pretty funky actually. You won't hear the coloration like a single ended RCA or a non compliant XLR wiring schemes.

My SACDs, Streaming, and Server, are all compliant.

Speaker cables, pretty simple. I use a weave and ribbon combo. No networks (usually) I made HARP boxes that's pretty cool.

My RtR and Cassette are both compliant. SO cable really don't matter that much. BUT I still use great UP OCC/silver clad, teflon weaves and coper/silver terminal ends just in case.. About 50.00 usd a pair. Good pro cables work fine though.. They are just ugly. Did I mention I lift my cables OFF the floor too. It's easier to clean.

My best to you..

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok you have made a statement. What is it you are trying to say? That you don't know what you're talking about or that you "THINK" out of the box cables (brand new) and hooked to a new phono stage are going to sound the same 1000 hours later?

I'm asking YOU, do you really think cables don't matter or change? That is just part of the settling and breaking-in procedure. If you don't know or practice that, I have no problem with you. I just doubt we're are on the same page when it comes to what I like to hear vs what you like to hear.

I have ZERO issue if you don't. BUT you seem to think your somehow going to change what I learned 40 plus years ago.. The most important cable in a system are from the Tonearm to the phono pre amp. Balanced is better if you can swing it. Far less coloration vs single ended RCAs. It's just a fact.. They sound WAY different..
What are you trying to say, that despite this site's general position you're in opposition with what evidence?

ps Remember, for a very high price I'd be glad to fulfill your cablephilia with a seasoning session.....I can substitute vomit for piss if you like.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Ohhhhh...this thread went THAT way? lol Silly me! As someone who holds 250 amps in their hands all day, every day for 30 years now, and who tortures sine waves via inverter tech to perform pretty amazing things, a minor degree in metallurgy (I graduated welding school 6 mos early so took another year course extension), another minor degree in electronics, an electric motor repair/rebuilder before all that, and all associated electrical work, there is not much I don't know about wires, or metal.

It amuses me when imagineers try to school me on metals on the internet, though. Very few that I have not worked with. I can usually tell what it is just by the sparks it throws (or doesn't) when touching a grinder or arc to it. The machine in the background is an inverter welding machine. One of 3. If you open it up, all the wire is copper. It's a 300 amp machine, that performs some pretty exacting/critical control of electricity with some rather sensitive controls and instrumentation. You would think of all things, this would need special cabling. There is one. The main power cable to the torch itself. It's water cooled and has a continuous flow of water around the (again copper) cable that is within a hose of sorts to keep it from going up in smoke.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ohhhhh...this thread went THAT way?
It's been going that way for a while now. The following is not aimed at you MrBoat, but at the general direction this thread has been dragged.

I can tell you that where we work, we send MW's of energy (as both RF and electricity) through straight water cooled copper cabling and bus. (Seriously, our electric bill is measured in the millions per month) No doping, no fancy dielectrics, no unicorn sprinkles, no fairy dust, no quantum marketing BS. We're measuring frequencies and energies with much more resolution and sensitivity than any human ear could ever pick up and cable "break in" is not an issue that has ever concerned us nor been observed by us. What plagues us most often is that a cable needs to be reterminated for various reasons.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis