j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A pack of LIES :D It is getting good reviews so far. I suppose it would still sell well even if it sucked though... I don't really see why the graphics would be any better than 2, since it is more or less the same engine running on the same gear.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I don't really see why the graphics would be any better than 2, since it is more or less the same engine running on the same gear.
Halo 2 was released for original XBOX, whereas Halo 3 was developed for 360, certainly a different machine.

IMO, The graphics are a HUGE leap up from Halo 2, particularly lighting effects and texture details (just look at MC's armor).

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
It's making fun of halo 3, because it's exactly the same as halo 2.
Having seen both games, this is just a really stupid comment. The only explanation for it is lameo fanboyism. But, being from SomethingAwful, that's obviously the reason.

It would be a funny joke if it had some basis in reality, though.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
The discs in my collector's edition [whatever the middle edition is called] are scratched to heck so I'm going to see if I can con the place that I bought it at to swap it out.

BTW: The discs seem to play fine but those discs were worse out-of-the-box than my original Halo disc.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
MS will replace them for free, just fill out their form and mail them that and the scratched up disc(s).

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
MS will replace them for free, just fill out their form and mail them that and the scratched up disc(s).
The only "bad" thing is that if I go through Microsoft they'll take their time getting the discs back to me. If I go back to where I bought the game I might get replacement discs the same day.

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
Having seen both games, this is just a really stupid comment. The only explanation for it is lameo fanboyism. But, being from SomethingAwful, that's obviously the reason.

The joke is [unfortunately] very much anchored in reality... :(

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic

You're funny, because you've never browsed the internet.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Does anyone know how many campaigns are in Halo 3? I am already on the 9the campaign and feel as if the game is nearly complete but it has moved along so quickly.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Does anyone know how many campaigns are in Halo 3? I am already on the 9the campaign and feel as if the game is nearly complete but it has moved along so quickly.
You're just a nerd, Four eyes...

I beat NFS carbon in 5 days. It wasn't a quick game, I'm just 1337.

SheepStar

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
*Possible spoiler on number of campaigns for those who are that picky!*

From what I recall when I got to play it there were 9 campaigns, but don't hold me to that. Although, I did a quick search online and it seems that various walk through also have nine separate names for the levels so I guess that my memory served me well.

On a side note, seriously, who needs a walk through for a first person shooter! Come on people kill things that move and you are good :).

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic

SheepStar
pwnzors!

I love that...

Actualy beating NFS that fast is something to say!
kudo's mayne.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic

SheepStar
Now go and try to beat Megaman 1 in one day. I remember back then, when games were actually hard.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
It's only 9-10 pieces and the very last piece is VERY short indeed [6-10 min]. That's one of my gripes about the campaign ... it's too short.

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
It's only 9-10 pieces and the very last piece is VERY short indeed [6-10 min]. That's one of my gripes about the campaign ... it's too short.
Is it me or were there a couple of cut scenes followed by you having to run down a corridor to another cut scene? With no encounters?!?! Pretty senseless transitions IMO...

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Is it me or were there a couple of cut scenes followed by you having to run down a corridor to another cut scene? With no encounters?!?! Pretty senseless transitions IMO...
There were indeed quite a few of those, especially on the level with the Gravemind and Cortana talking to you....really iritating

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Now go and try to beat Megaman 1 in one day. I remember back then, when games were actually hard.
Amen to that. I don't think I ever beat Super Mario for NES. Ever.

I can get through most games these days. I always start easy, until I am used to them. I can destroy anyone in Gran-Turismo, any day. There is a PS2 set up at my work for people to play while they wait for service. I raced everyone on staff and no one could come close.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis