Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I remember seeing the first one when it came out and everyone in the theater was jumping and screaming. Great to see a horror movie with a group. Watched it at home years later with my kids and they weren’t scared or impressed. Guess you had to be there. Agree the music helps make the movie like the shower scene in Psycho. Hope the movies that come out on the 13th are scary good.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My appreciation for Carpenter's idea was because nobody really before ever thought of the idea of making a villain without a background. He killed his sister and was in a mental hospital for 15 years. That's it. There's nothing I know about him. Then add in the other touches like a blank, white mask and 'he could be anywhere' in the ending of the original. I keep remembering it was a clown mask, or the white one Tommy Lee Wallace created. Sure glad they did cause it completely changed everything. The funniest part about Carpenter's idea is the genius of it is because it was so simple. Yet no one really ever did it to the degree he did, or the impact.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Even though Jason is more popular, I still think he's inferior to the original Myers. Early Jason was mostly cardboard, and later Jason was either a zombie or a machine. And he had physical stature like with Kane Hodder.

Myers was just this guy with medium build but had supernatural strength. He was human, but mostly an animal. I think they were also going for the boogeyman, though I prefer the idea of him being kind of this silhouette.

Edit: Carpenter's idea of including a dog Michael had just eaten really hit that home.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Halloween 4-
These idiots at the bar who decided to take law into their own hands. There's a scene where a shrub is moving in the distance and they open fire cause one of them thought it was Myers. Turned out to be a kid. SMH. Who wrote this??? Double SMH.:)
1696659403425.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
AMC- A hard pass.:p
1697974807283.png

1697974829867.png

Remember the guy who said, At least Rob Zombie never made Resurrection. LOL!:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We watched Totally Killer last night. It is Blumhouse and it is well done. It has some nice throwbacks, not overdone and pretty good sense of humor, even making fun of itself. Good slasher/comedy.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm spending oct 30 at the Stanley hotel in Colorado. Tried to get the 31 but it was full. Still a nice way to spend the Halloween holiday :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis