Audio Advice from My AH Peeps!

Jonabrim

Jonabrim

Audioholic Intern
John, where did you end up getting your Choras 806s from?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hey @Jonabrim ! Funny story that: Chora speakers sell in Europe for roughly half of what they do in the US. I found a retailer out of Italy, Audio Impact Torino and wound up, after all fees, paying +/-63% of US MSRP. I don't recommend everyone do this as it was a bit of a hassle and, unfortunately, I received the wrong color (which, fortunately, I have come to really like). I do recommend buying local if at all possible, but my regional dealer did not have them for audition and was unsure if he was even going to carry the line. So, it was a bit of a risk, buying something sight unseen (sound unheard) but I am happy to say it payed off!

Jonabrim

Jonabrim

Audioholic Intern
I'm glad that you like your Focals John! I currently own a pair of Focal Solo 6 Be's and I'm a huge fan of the brand.

Unfortuantely, the Solo's are nearfield studio monitors and therefore not exactly the best choice for filling a room with warm, non-fatiguing sound. So I'm back in the market for a new pair of speakers that are still clear, but with a better soundstage.

How would you descibe the sound of your Choras now that they're broken in?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm glad that you like your Focals John! I currently own a pair of Focal Solo 6 Be's and I'm a huge fan of the brand.

Unfortuantely, the Solo's are nearfield studio monitors and therefore not exactly the best choice for filling a room with warm, non-fatiguing sound. So I'm back in the market for a new pair of speakers that are still clear, but with a better soundstage.

How would you descibe the sound of your Choras now that they're broken in?
Most speakers are "broken in" within the first minute of operation. The break in myth is pretty much just that, a myth.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Probably more truth to saying the owner is the one getting used to the new speakers. :)

Jonabrim

Jonabrim

Audioholic Intern
Most speakers are "broken in" within the first minute of operation. The break in myth is pretty much just that, a myth.

Duly noted! I didn't know this was controversial.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis