highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
When did it become a good idea to allow people to carry guns, be they a .22 to a long rifle, to a protest? Left or Right?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/17/armed-vigilantes-under-scrutiny-after-statue-protester-shot-new-mexico

This is a recipe for disaster.

We saw it in Dallas, Charlottesville, etc. and the cops continue to skip down the lane & whistle by the graveyard, saying it's okie-dokie.

WTF?
It may be legal, but in a crowd, not usually a good idea. I think the Police should put signs with 'Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should' on their cars. It could be a reminder for protesters AND cops.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Where've you been?

I am not sure anybody thinks it is a good idea on a fundamental level.
However, there are a lot of members of congress that think it is a fine idea after the NRA comes courting!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This is a recipe for disaster.
Not from where I sit. I mean that literally. They weren't suppose to be within spittin' distance two minutes ago.

Now you gotta worry that they're gonna shoot each other with guns in the crowds they weren't suppose to be in ... two minutes ago?

Gotta say, f^%&in' let 'em.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Where've you been?

However, there are a lot of members of congress that think it is a fine idea after the NRA comes courting!
I've noticed it for quite awhile now.

The Dallas protests though really brought it home for me in 2016, when that sniper started picking people off, one-by-one.

The cops were frozen in place and valuable time and lives were lost because they weren't sure where the shots were coming from with all these protesters with guns and whoever it was would try to blend in with the protesters to get away and continue killing more folks.

And who could blame them.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Not from where I sit. I mean that literally. They weren't suppose to be within spittin' distance two minutes ago.

Now you gotta worry that they're gonna shoot each other with guns in the crowds they weren't suppose to be in ... two minutes ago?

Gotta say, f^%&in' let 'em.
Sure, great idea.

Why didn't I think of that?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

The Dallas protests though really brought it home for me in 2016, when that sniper started picking people off, one-by-one.

The cops were frozen in place and valuable time and lives were lost because they weren't sure where the shots were coming from with all these protesters with guns and whoever it was would try to blend in with the protesters to get away and continue killing more folks.

I had just moved from the Dallas area a few months before that happened. Maybe just a month. Crazy.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Every time I think about this issue I can’t help but to think back to the old woolly days of the Wild West. Even in those violent times, where the rule of law was haphazard at best, settlers had enough common sense to have people check their guns at the front door before they were allowed to enter a saloon/bar.

I guess the magic word here is ‘common sense’ or the lack thereof nowadays.

highfigh

highfigh

Where've you been?

Screw them (both). It's one of the many reasons I want lobbying to end. I know NRA members who wear the serving platter size belt buckle with 'The Right To Bear Arms' but ask them to recite thee whole Amendment and all you hear is crickets. One is a lawyer.

If nobody thought it was a good idea, they wouldn't bring guns to protests. Or riots- I want the media and government to stop calling riots' peaceful protests'. Not far from here, a locked police car was broken into and the rifle that was locked in place was stolen, during what is still referred to as a 'protest', at night, complete with looting and violence. A squad car from another department was damaged so badly that it was abandoned until the next morning because it was basically useless.

That same night, someone drove on the sidewalk near the house a friend owns near the UW-Milwaukee campus. When the guy tried to drive back onto the street, he hit a tree stump and stopped immediately. Oh, well.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Why not, your a Law-abiding citizens haven't broken any laws haven't committed a felony why not be able to carry a gun. Would I even go to a Peaceful protest packing my Weapon. No I wouldn't, but lets just say for s..ts and Giggles you happen Upon one In progress. You don't watch the news much you don't have a smartphone with the Latest greatest the radio in your car is broken but by coincidence you have your weapon on your side. Now All the sudden you find yourself in the middle of a protest. Does that person have the Right to bear arms? Cops all over the Place in full riot gear. Screaming protesters some acting stupid trying to provoke all the police officers in full dress. Could it be an explosive situation? Yes You Have Full Right to Carrie Your Weapon. End of Subject no debate about it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Your Referring to one nut job who believed he had the right to play God and take Innocent lives. It's no Different than Strapping a bomb around a child in a Third World country to go blow up the soldiers.

highfigh

highfigh

Why not, your a Law-abiding citizens haven't broken any laws haven't committed a felony why not be able to carry a gun. Would I even go to a Peaceful protest packing my Weapon. No I wouldn't, but lets just say for s..ts and Giggles you happen Upon one In progress. You don't watch the news much you don't have a smartphone with the Latest greatest the radio in your car is broken but by coincidence you have your weapon on your side. Now All the sudden you find yourself in the middle of a protest. Does that person have the Right to bear arms? Cops all over the Place in full riot gear. Screaming protesters some acting stupid trying to provoke all the police officers in full dress. Could it be an explosive situation? Yes You Have Full Right to Carrie Your Weapon. End of Subject no debate about it.
The question was about protesters going with weapons- having one and happening upon a protest is completely different but if the "peaceful protesters" mess with an armed person who didn't intend to be near the group, things happen.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If nobody thought it was a good idea, they wouldn't bring guns to protests.
True!
The NRA has convinced people that any restrictions on guns is one step away from the gubbermint confiscating all guns. Anyone who believes this and is impassioned about it seems to believe it is his patriotic duty to bring guns everywhere they possibly can. ...and then there are the people who are simply F'ed up in the head!
I like to think that people are intelligent enough to know that guns and mobs are a bad combination, but there are certainly other influences on the topic. Just as Trump has some people believing the patriotic thing to do is not wear a mask in public!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Why not, Police are packing why not a citizen.
If you have the right to Protest than you have the same right To bear arms. Your walking Minding your own business four Unruly subjects walk up to you start harassing you they trying to provoke you. You try to walk away they block you off they cut you off one from behind pushes on you the other subjects walk up to you start harassing you trying to pull into a incident you try to walk away one sides you upside your head you fall down they all start to beating the crap out of you. Your bleeding you can't see one just picked up a old pipe. You pull your Weapon you put five bullets in the chest of the guy coming at you with the pipe. In a heart beat I'd Unload my weapon to defend my life. Better to be Judge by 12 of your peers then to be carried by six of your friends.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Where've you been?

Those same members of congress have prohibited fire arms on the grounds of the Capital building or inside any of the Congressional Office buildings. You would think they'd practice what they preach. Apparently they don't trust their constituents as much as they would have you believe.

highfigh

highfigh

True!
The NRA has convinced people that any restrictions on guns is one step away from the gubbermint confiscating all guns. Anyone who believes this and is impassioned about it seems to believe it is his patriotic duty to bring guns everywhere they possibly can. ...and then there are the people who are simply F'ed up in the head!
I like to think that people are intelligent enough to know that guns and mobs are a bad combination, but there are certainly other influences on the topic. Just as Trump has some people believing the patriotic thing to do is not wear a mask in public!
A lot of us would like to think that, but we would be outnumbered by those who think it's just hunky-dory. The only thing left out is going in, armed and drunk.

highfigh

highfigh

Why not, Police are packing why not a citizen.
If you have the right to Protest than you have the same right To bear arms. Your walking Minding your own business four Unruly subjects walk up to you start harassing you they trying to provoke you. You try to walk away they block you off they cut you off one from behind pushes on you the other subjects walk up to you start harassing you trying to pull into a incident you try to walk away one sides you upside your head you fall down they all start to beating the crap out of you. Your bleeding you can't see one just picked up a old pipe. You pull your Weapon you put five bullets in the chest of the guy coming at you with the pipe. In a heart beat I'd Unload my weapon to defend my life. Better to Judge by 12 of your peers then to be carried by six of your friends.
Again, just because someone can, doesn't mean they should. If the person with a gun has a quick temper, it's not going to go well and in so many cases, they shoot at someone and hit someone behind. You may be able to hit someone five times in a 1" group, but after the first one goes in, there's not much left to stop the other four and they WILL pass through. Sheer numbers make high numbers of armed people a really, really bad idea. They can turn into a mob just as fast as the rest. Better to walk away and live to tell the tale.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Again, just because someone can, doesn't mean they should. If the person with a gun has a quick temper, it's not going to go well and in so many cases, they shoot at someone and hit someone behind. You may be able to hit someone five times in a 1" group, but after the first one goes in, there's not much left to stop the other four and they WILL pass through. Sheer numbers make high numbers of armed people a really, really bad idea. They can turn into a mob just as fast as the rest. Better to walk away and live to tell the tale.
Walking away may not be An option, if your lucky to walk away.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis