lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised by that, but the Minneapolis/StPaul area still has a lot to do.....altho just financially alone how bad a decision was this by one of their employees? Morally reprehensible no doubt, but think of how much this kind of stupidity is costing in financial terms via lawsuits and judgements alone....just to make no more sense out of it outside of racist thinking.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Put the piece of shitt in “The chair”.
I seriously doubt Minnesota has the death penalty. He'll be dead soon enough- several of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims were Black and he was killed in prison in the same incident as another guy who claimed that a Black kid killed his wife, but he had done it, himself. If he doesn't appeal based on Maxine Water's comments or some technicality, I'll bet that he'll be killed or will hang himself.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised by that, but the Minneapolis/StPaul area still has a lot to do.....altho just financially alone how bad a decision was this by one of their employees? Morally reprehensible no doubt, but think of how much this kind of stupidity is costing in financial terms via lawsuits and judgements alone....just to make no more sense out of it outside of racist thinking.
How bad was it, financially? Floyd's family got $27 Million from the city plus teh damage that won't be covered by insurance and if you read your policy, 'civil unrest' or 'Civil disobedience' aren't covered. That's how bad.

highfigh

highfigh

And all of the people who watched & did nothing- I would say that they get to live with the fact that they allowed this to end with someones' death but they'll never admit they're at fault in any way. Video was being recorded- they all knew it and they likely knew there were other cameras in the area. The trainee probably wouldn't have done anything if someone had stepped in, I doubt the other two would, either. Why was Chauvin such an imposing presence that nobody bothered to do anything? His f&cking hands were in his pockets and anyone who knows how to fight knows that you can be overpowered in that position.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Why was Chauvin such an imposing presence that nobody bothered to do anything?
It's not that he's a imposing presence, it's that if you are a fellow officer and you put a stop to it you are toast by your own organization. Google Cariol Horne.

She prevented her partner from choking someone and she was made a pariah. Her story goes along my lines that if, as an organization, you don't take care of your bad apples they will eventually do something you can't cover up. Her ex-partner ended up spending 4 months in the Federal Pen for assault on a suspect.

She tried telling em...

highfigh

highfigh

It's not that he's a imposing presence, it's that if you are a fellow officer and you put a stop to it you are toast by your own organization. Google Cariol Horne.

She prevented her partner from choking someone and she was made a pariah. Her story goes along my lines that if, as an organization, you don't take care of your bad apples they will eventually do something you can't cover up. Her ex-partner ended up spending 4 months in the Federal Pen for assault on a suspect.

She tried telling em...
I was referring to the crowd- NOBODY did anything, aside from telling him to stop.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I was referring to the crowd- NOBODY did anything, aside from telling him to stop.
I was referring to the other LEO's that were with him and charged with the mandate to uphold all laws against all individuals including fellow murderers in police uniforms.

highfigh

highfigh

I was referring to the other LEO's that were with him and charged with the mandate to uphold all laws against all individuals including fellow murderers in police uniforms.
I had mentioned it, but when "the thin blue line" gets in the way and the situation reaches this point, it's time to retool. The cops were under no threat at that point.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Been with my wife for 21 years and it's only been the past 3 years she's began to understand my disdain for how policing is done in the U.S. They are trained to be grade-a azzholes IMO.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I seriously doubt Minnesota has the death penalty. He'll be dead soon enough- several of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims were Black and he was killed in prison in the same incident as another guy who claimed that a Black kid killed his wife, but he had done it, himself. If he doesn't appeal based on Maxine Water's comments or some technicality, I'll bet that he'll be killed or will hang himself.
No, unfortunately we don’t have the death penalty here. I’m sure I’ll get flamed, but I think we need to have more capital punishment. Going to prison is more a rite of passage than a punishment. Imo it’s why crime in general has such proliferation. I don’t really want to open the can of worms that this topic can become, because it’s just too complex, but in cases like this, or where there’s irrefutable evidence, flip the switch....
I suppose you’re right though. If he gets into general population, it might as well be a death sentence.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

She tried telling em...
That's a huge part of my thought as to police/ minority interactions.... Many officers consider minorities as the enemy and low income areas as " hostile territory " this is obvious.. What is also obvious is : officers are trained to neutralize "threats " as self protection first and administer justice as a secondary issue.. This isn't" serving the public" it's racist and place-ist.. Stop and think.. When is the last time a rich white guy got accidentally shot by a cop?? When is the last time a rich white guy got the crap beat out of him or choked to death over a phony $20 bill. ?? That was probably on the 12 th of last NEVER...another thing is the blue wall you speak of , cops never turn against cops even the criminal cops...funny the one union the gop doesn't lose it mind over concerning corruption is probably the most incestuous and corrupt still in existence...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
No, unfortunately we don’t have the death penalty here. I’m sure I’ll get flamed, but I think we need to have more capital punishment. Going to prison is more a rite of passage than a punishment. Imo it’s why crime in general has such proliferation. I don’t really want to open the can of worms that this topic can become, because it’s just too complex, but in cases like this, or where there’s irrefutable evidence, flip the switch....
I suppose you’re right though. If he gets into general population, it might as well be a death sentence.
You're right , you're probably going to get flamed.. And I'll strike the match... We as a society might actually try NOT creating crime legislation to justify the prison industrial complex .. This has been going on for 50 years , we warehouse the " less desirable " minorities by sending them to jail over antiquated drug laws and create criminals .. It's finishing school .. How about decriminalization of drugs ..?? That would eliminate about 70% of " crime"...but of course the prison industry and local law enforcement can't justify ever increasing funding based on less crime.. So criminals must be created...violent criminals should be in jail .. Dude slining 20 rocks on the corner because it's the only job in the neighborhood really doesn't belong in jail...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, unfortunately we don’t have the death penalty here.
I think some people deserve to die for sure. The problem I have with capital punishment is the fact that innocent people have been put to death for doing nothing wrong based on bad evidence. If we had a path to absolute certainty it'd be different, but we often don't. I'd rather let some escape the death penalty who deserve it than to put someone to death who doesn't.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How about decriminalization of drugs ..?? That would eliminate about 70% of " crime"...but of course the prison industry and local law enforcement can't justify ever increasing funding based on less crime..
The war on drugs is a spectacular failure and wrong, imo. There are a lot of folks sitting in prison now for things that I don't think should even be considered a crime. Prison for profit needs to stop. Jails are incentivised to lobby for unfair laws to keep folks in prison when we should be striving to keep as many out of prison as possible. I can't believe more people don't see it. The whole system disgusts me.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You say that a crowd of black people should charge several armed police officers? How many black people would be killed, do you think, since the police officers does not stop another police officer from murdering a black person?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You say that a crowd of black people should charge several armed police officers? How many black people would be killed, do you think, since the police officers does not stop another police officer from murdering a black person?
I thought about chiming in on that too. What would the cops involved have done if someone from the crowd physically inserted themselves into the situation in an effort to make them stop?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
The war on drugs is a spectacular failure and wrong, imo. There are a lot of folks sitting in prison now for things that I don't think should even be considered a crime. Prison for profit needs to stop. Jails are incentivised to lobby for unfair laws to keep folks in prison when we should be striving to keep as many out of prison as possible. I can't believe more people don't see it. The whole system disgusts me.
Preach it!! Don't let the right wing privilege peddlers that share these pages turn the fire down ...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I thought about chiming in on that too. What would the cops involved have done if someone from the crowd physically inserted themselves into the situation in an effort to make them stop?
Those people would have been arrested , injured , killed ... We gotta figure a way to let the cops know we are watching and going to hold them accountable in a macro sense...i think *maybe*something got started yesterday...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Exactly , trying to hold the crowd responsible for Floyds death is trying to rationalize and excuse the root problem.. There aren't always bystanders there ,nor are they responsible for police malfeasance... That's a macro issue and needs Congressional overhaul...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis