GSG Audio Design AIY / DIY subwoofer Q&A Thread!

JasonGSG

JasonGSG

Audioholic
GSG Audio Design is making a very powerful, capable, proven, subwoofer design as accessible as possible to the broader audio community! This is DIY/AIY for anyone! Please ask any subwoofer related questions here.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hi!
You guys are branching out from AVS? :) Glad to see you here.
You should check out the DIY Sub Forum here, too.

JasonGSG

JasonGSG

Audioholic
Hi!
You guys are branching out from AVS? :) Glad to see you here.
You should check out the DIY Sub Forum here, too.
[/QUOTE
Thanks my friend! I'll definitely get into the thread! Just figured since I'm here I may as well start something!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been thinking about you guys. Glad to see how well you appear to be doing! I keep procrastinating on building my next sub....how bad is the baltic birch pricing now?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I had a great conversation with Kevin earlier this year when I was considering some Devs or Martys as a possible build. (Right now I'm sitting on several SI SQL-15s. ;) ) As it stands, I am very interested in John and Kevin's operation and what GSG is offering.

I hope you stick around. It is always nice to see industry folk participating here.

Cheers!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've been thinking about you guys. Glad to see how well you appear to be doing! I keep procrastinating on building my next sub....how bad is the baltic birch pricing now?
Ha!
HORRID!

JasonGSG

JasonGSG

Audioholic
I want numbers :) I know it's bad....and last I looked at their site it wasn't published but on an ask basis but with a touch of optimism :)
Which numbers, from the almost infinite combinations available.. would you like?

JasonGSG

JasonGSG

Audioholic
LOL yeah since I wasn't specific. How about the cost of mdf vs bb on a full marty?
BB is so incredibly expensive right now its literally not worth considering! My $0.02 but then again ;) If thats what you want we'll do it!
*as of yesterday it will +$100.00 per sheet to the material cost.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
BB is so incredibly expensive right now its literally not worth considering! My $0.02 but then again ;) If thats what you want we'll do it!
*as of yesterday it will +$100.00 per sheet to the material cost.
Yow. Maybe I'll just get out in the workshop and setup my saw/router and use the several half-sheets of bb I picked up a long time ago :)

JasonGSG

JasonGSG

Audioholic
Yow. Maybe I'll just get out in the workshop and setup my saw/router and use the several half-sheets of bb I picked up a long time ago :)
Happy to participate in any project... Let me know if you need a cut sheet or build thread to follow.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Happy to participate in any project... Let me know if you need a cut sheet or build thread to follow.
It's really cold out in the shop and you just might see an order this winter :) Even in mdf.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It sounds very creepy when you say it like that!! Like all broke back!
Never did see that movie myself. My dad came out as gay when in business with him in my 20s which was to me at least a little more intense than some lonely cow"pokes" :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis