great place to find dvda audio discs

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
While I was searching for some discs last time we discussed in this thread, I also noticed this Patricia Barber Blu-ray Amazon.com: Modern Cool [Blu-ray]: Patricia Barber: Movies & TV

Unfortunately, that is not my favorite album of hers, and I own the SACD too and it is good not great (the audio is great but as an album, not her best songs) Hopefully that means they will release the others on BD as well though.

*edit also just found that her album Companion is on XRCD and not too terribly expensive (at least compared to the SACD :eek: ) http://www.amazon.com/Companion-Patricia-Barber/dp/B00001ZWF5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358186087&sr=8-1&keywords=patricia+barber+xrcd

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I bought Companion and Cafe Blue on regular CD when you recommended it to me.:) I bought the Ernie Watts XRCD I liked what I heard, so I got it. I just found the Jazz At The Pawnshop SACD in great shape.:D I have a Joni Michell in HDCD, so I'll see how I like it.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Just listened to the 2112 Blu-Ray, after it took me 5 minutes to separate it from it's spindle. Good Christ, I fought with that damn thing until the backing snapped in my hand. That is the tightest placement I've ever had from any disc. I thought is was glued in for a moment until I got the edge to lift.

Anyway, the thing sounds amazing in 2 channel. Definitely worth the fight to release it from the kung fu grip the packaging had on it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to bust out a couple of the grip pegs on the spindle so I don't have to go through this again.

DJ

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:eek::D Kung Fu grip.

Herb Albert - Passion Dance (DTS), Super Audio CD Sampler Vol. 2 and Nora Jones - Come Away With Me arrived yesterday.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Well I got the Oppo 980 in Nov. after waiting a couple of weeks. It was not the sellers fault I bought it a couple of days before Sandy happened, so it took a while. I was going through some of my SACD/DTS/CD's and some were ruined(layer eaten away:(). Diana Krall - The Look Of Love and Concord Jazz SACD Sampler Vol 2 didn't survive. Diana Krall - When I look In Your Eyes, Beatles - Love, Jane Monheit - Come Dream With Me, Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions and Seal IV is what I found so far in great shape. I still have go through 2 more bins to see If the other survived. I'm hoping to hook up the Oppo next week. Edit: Weird I see I posted last here on the day Sandy happened.:(
Nice to see another Jane Monheit fan! I'm a big fan of hers as well.

I have all her albums

Just wondering, have you compared her normal CD's to the DVD-A versions? If so, what are your impressions?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

I have all her albums

Just wondering, have you compared her normal CD's to the DVD-A versions? If so, what are your impressions?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I love her music and have most of her stuff on MP3's. so the ones I posted are the only ones I have. I saw her live and she was sensational(She plays NYC frequently). I have her 2 live DVD's as well. Too bad she doesn't get the props like Diana Krall does. I'll eventually get everything she has out, which isn't alot. She covered Fiona Apple on her Lovers The Dreamers & Me CD.:D On a side note I Hooked up the Oppo 980H(updated the firmware as well), but haven't hooked up the 5.1 yet. Hopefully I can get some stands this week to remedy that.

Last edited:
djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief

I have all her albums

Your cd collection is giving me impure thoughts.

DJ

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I love her music and have most of her stuff on MP3's. so the ones I posted are the only ones I have. I saw her live and she was sensational(She plays NYC frequently). I have her 2 live DVD's as well. Too bad she doesn't get the props like Diana Krall does. I'll eventually get everything she has out, which isn't alot. She covered Fiona Apple on her Lovers The Dreamers & Me CD.:D On a side note I Hooked up the Oppo 980H(updated the firmware as well), but haven't hooked up the 5.1 yet. Hopefully I can get some stands this week to remedy that.
Yeah, I've read she performs in the NYC quite frequently. I've been fortunate enough to catch her in performance here in San Diego once. She was backed by a full orchestra and when she sung Over The Rainbow it was nothing short of magical!

Oh and I'm not sure if you've heard or not but she's coming out with a new album. It's touted for release this April!! :)

Jane Monheit

You beast!:D although they look like they are on a toilet seat.:eek:
hahah...no guys, it isn't a toilet seat it's oval shaped, I guess you can call it an ottoman or something like it .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah she is amazing. Thanks didn't know she had something coming out. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Finally hooked up my 5.1 and having a blast right now listening to The Blue Man Group DVD-A. The first track is out of sight as Is the whole DVD. I'm not sure If you guys have the Herb Albert Passion Dance on DVD-A. I felt like he was blowing his horn in my ears. :eek: A must get If you don't have it. I wish he had more on DVD-A.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't know they had one. One of my dad's and my uncle's favorite bands. Dad still goes to see them live pretty often.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
They have 2 or 3 SACD. It was only 10 bucks too on amazon. I'm a fan and have a couple of their CD's. I wish they had a concert Blu-ray or DVD. I got to see them once and they tore it up. The Bass player they have is awesome live.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got this Dual Disc today after reading it's in 5.1 Dolby and good:

Tricia Yearwood on DTS:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

SACD
Love to get that Linda Ronstadt - "What's New" DVD-A, but it's expensive.:(

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (96kHz, 24-bit)
English: LPCM 5.1 (96kHz, 24-bit)
English: LPCM 2.0 (96kHz, 24-bit)

Scored this on ebay today for cheap on Bluray Audio. Can't wait to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis